Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #4 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a hard time seeing this man as a first-time offender. The brazenness of the kidnapping, the bragging afterwords, the look of pleasure while attending the vigil, even the very fact that his first abduction culminated in murder. Goodness, this sounds like someone who has done this before! So, in light of his attorney bragging about his not having a criminal record, I am leaning toward he had not been caught yet. Here is a police complaint of a peeping tom in Urbana on October 27, 2016. The suspect was not identified or caught. https://www.city.urbana.il.us/_Police_Media_Reports/UPD6634.PDF

I know that not all homicidal sex offenders (HSO's) escalate their behavior over time but many do starting with peeping and burglaries.

This. I, too, find it difficult to believe he hasn't been involved in some type of crime before.

Took some screenshots from my video. Does it look like this guy standing outside has a vest on? Just trying to determine if it could have been law enforcement.
98a49ccadba14f22c5aa96460d148cdd.jpg
5aa8ca9fe5f61477e6834f8940444452.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I think that it looks like he is carrying something. I find the number of cars there a bit odd, too. Surely, if it is used for storage, and things needed storage or retrieval, they would use a small truck, instead a number of cars.

If they are searching they will probably want to avoid a media circus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those videos are very helpful. While BC might have had trouble getting Yingying into his apartment unseen he may have easily put her into one of those garage/storage buildings.

Agreed. Since LE/FBI was there at the apartments, I'm assuming the storage buildings were checked out as well.
attachment.php

Attachments

• stonegate.jpg
    stonegate.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 443
I think that it looks like he is carrying something. I find the number of cars there a bit odd, too. Surely, if it is used for storage, and things needed storage or retrieval, they would use a small truck, instead a number of cars.

I also think he's carrying something. Not a vest imo.

Poor Yingying. She must have been so frightened. I hate the things that go on in this world. They sicken me.

Does the public have easy access to the plant parking lot, or would you need to be associated with the company to get in (or be LE)?
Also, what are low reddish-brown buildings past the factory? part of same complex or totally separate?
The low reddish-brown building is located within the plants property line (I assume). On this map they are in the upper left hand corner of the red outlined area.

Run down of everything else shown:

Green and teal: restaurants.
Yellow: a gas station
Purple: an abandoned gas station currently being demolished
Blue: stonegate village
Pink: Victoria point apartments and the refinery gym
Orange: not sure what it is but some 9-5 type of small business

Not that it has any connection to the case, but the apartment company that owns the Refinery and Victoria Point apartments is the same that owns the abandoned plant. When they say they use it for storage. I assume they only use the new structure and access it from the Refinery parking lot, not through the old plant entrances. Maybe this adds credence to my theory that out was LE out there today?
30d7b28d364b52734f96b7e2729a754f.jpg

Took some screenshots from my video. Does it look like this guy standing outside has a vest on? Just trying to determine if it could have been law enforcement.
98a49ccadba14f22c5aa96460d148cdd.jpg
5aa8ca9fe5f61477e6834f8940444452.jpg

Do you know how long the vehicles had been parked there before you took this pic?

Agreed. Since LE/FBI was there at the apartments, I'm assuming the storage buildings were checked out as well.
attachment.php

When was the photo at the apartment taken? there's the evidence van... unmarked... interesting.

I love the idea that they're checking out the cement plant..and that does look like a vest... but I'm not sure they really could work that place over without an evidence van, could they?
They have the bay doors open so any official vehicle could be parked inside out of sight? I'll grab some more stills from the video if I see anything of interest.

IMO: It could be LE investigating an using unmarked cars to avoid prying eyes. I believe it was reported that there was relatively no activity at this closed cement plant.
If they are searching they will probably want to avoid a media circus.

Do you know how long the vehicles had been parked there before you took this pic?
No idea. I drove the area for maybe 15 minutes and didn't notice anyone coming or going during that time.

They have the bay doors open so any official vehicle could be parked inside out of sight? I'll grab some more stills from the video if I see anything of interest.

My experience with evidence vans is very limited to.... well, nothing, just what I've seen here and in movies. I just sort of imagined it as saying MOBILE EVIDENCE UNIT or something. But in the picture at the complex, it's (assuming that's what "it" is) simply a tall cab on an otherwise unremarkable pick-up truck. It would be very easy to park a pick-up truck in that cement factory lot without it even being that noticeable if it wasn't seen in profile from the road.

When was the photo at the apartment taken? there's the evidence van... unmarked... interesting.
I believe that was from last Friday when the news broke that there was an arrest.

Loremipsum: You've been so very helpful with all of your information. It is much, much appreciated.

:tyou:

June 30.

[video=twitter;880954951081570304]https://twitter.com/WCIA3Kaitlyn/status/880954951081570304[/video]

Here's another one, also from June 30.

[video=twitter;880964584710033409]https://twitter.com/WCIA3Jenn/status/880964584710033409[/video]

I've never heard of a Ph.D. program in which candidates don't advance to candidacy before the beginning of the third year. It is puzzling that he still had coursework to do in order to receive his masters degree. Is it possible that he was already enrolled for the semester, and so he was not required but able to take more courses? Maybe it wouldn't have changed the timing of his graduation, so he decided to just take a few courses out of interest, to gain skills, or for lack of anything better to do?

In my own program...social sciences...which pretty much follows the pattern of this program except the prelim paper is much longer...I didn't advance to candidacy until the end of the third year. Only one person in my cadre advanced earlier, and that was because she basically did time-and-a-half coursework.

I'm thinking about the timing of the events here- the march for Yingying that he attended was Thursday, 6/29, and then he was arrested on Friday 6/30. Rereading the criminal complaint, it seems very likely that the audio from this event is what the complaint is referring to.

"On June 29, Christensen was captured on audio recording while under law enforcement surveillance..."

http://www.news-gazette.com/sites/all/files/pdf/2017/06/30/christensen_complnt_17-mj-07132_1.pdf

So this tells me that the women at the march was wired, or the FBI had audio enhancement and heard him telling her at the march? May it's hard for me to believe that this is his first time doing something horrific. That look on his face and going to the vigil and pointing out to his dad who would be a good victim is really sociopathic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth