Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Very sad, but there probably isn't going to be much more in the news until we get close to significant dates in the trial process, or they have a breakthrough on finding her.

I drove by her makeshift memorial yesterday. It made me sad.

On a related note, there was an article about BC and the death penalty yesterday in the local paper.

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/lo...missing-scholar-case-could-go-either-way.html

This was of interest:

Some are saying this means they can't trade taking death off the table in exchange for her location. Reading it closely, I think that they still can, it's just that using it as a tool to extract info can't be how they justify their seeking it. It has to be a death-penalty worthy offense and they have to decide to seek it first -they just can't threaten to seek it if the perp doesn't divulge the location. I think they could probably still exchange it in a deal; it just has to be after conviction -in other words, perhaps the prosecutors getting the judge to agree to not imposing it and imposing life without parole in exchange for her location.
Thanks for that link.

I think the subject is worthy of research..
I have long pondered the morality and ethics of dp in exchange for anything at all..
Its like putting a price on life..
I have the 'flu and head bursting.. so too frazzled to research it now..

Re waiting.. whats the point?
In being here if we're all just waiting for the papers to produce something we can discuss..

there's lots of people who are far more net savvy than I here.. there's still lots to be sleuthed.. there's lots of work we can be doing rather than passively waiting
'cos nothing's gonna happen unless we make it happen.
feds have not found her, but she is somewhere they never looked.
Where can that be? ( lotta speculation required at this point as we have no idea what and where they searched and they're not talkin'.. well they are, strangely, but not about YY.
Short of downloading a fed we'll be working blind.

I'm no longer writing here for the benefit or boredom of other members.. just in the hope that somebody somewhere sees it and has the energy and the interest to do some work on the search.
Yes, its a needle in a haystack situation but most of them are.

The impression I got was that every female was his potential target. Those women who crossed his path and were found wanting don't know how lucky they were. I have nothing really to base it on, just a feeling. A really creepy feeling.

I understand your feelings completely. I walk every day, and have gotten absolutely spooky vibes from people. One guy had eyes that were absolutely dead. I kid you not. Thankfully, he was driving that day, and I was running around the block, so we avoided each other.

For anyone interested, today marks 26 weeks since Yingying was abducted, making it now a full half-year that she has been missing.

Thanks dm92, how time flies. This waiting is making me impatient. I know FBI like to keep their cards close to their chest but just a little crumb, even just to say they “are very busy working the case” would suffice.

Thanks dm92, how time flies. This waiting is making me impatient. I know FBI like to keep their cards close to their chest but just a little crumb, even just to say they “are very busy working the case” would suffice.

Yeah. I hope at least the family is getting more information than we are. Can't imagine what it must be like for them.

Yeah. I hope at least the family is getting more information than we are. Can't imagine what it must be like for them.

From what I understood, when they were here the FBI would meet with them weekly. I would assume their lawyer here is still getting updates and passing them on. The FBI also maintains offices in some US consulates, so I wouldn't be surprised if they might be getting periodic updates from agents there. While I'm sure they know more than the public at large, they still are in the dark about a lot of things due to the ongoing search/investigation and needing to keep things sealed before the trial, as they have mentioned their frustration at not knowing more.

Since we are at the half-year point since she has been missing, I was expecting a local news story marking this and perhaps mentioning any updates, but I have not seen anything. It has been pretty quiet. That may change later next week, as Dec. 15th is the court-ordered deadline for prosecutors to provide all the evidence and reports of all the forensic analysis to his defense team.

http://www.cetusnews.com/news/Emplo...e-his-whereabouts-during-work.HymuS0nFeM.html

Take a look at this. I have looked this up regarding another thread that I am on. Then I remembered about BC's phone (and YY's too for that matter). As a physics buff BC would sure know about this little trick. I wonder if that would account for the missing three hours?

I agree the waiting is worse than watching paint dry but my thoughts are with YY's family.

Thanks for that link.

I think the subject is worthy of research..
I have long pondered the morality and ethics of dp in exchange for anything at all..
Its like putting a price on life..
I have the 'flu and head bursting.. so too frazzled to research it now..

Re waiting.. whats the point?
In being here if we're all just waiting for the papers to produce something we can discuss..

there's lots of people who are far more net savvy than I here.. there's still lots to be sleuthed.. there's lots of work we can be doing rather than passively waiting
'cos nothing's gonna happen unless we make it happen.
feds have not found her, but she is somewhere they never looked.
Where can that be? ( lotta speculation required at this point as we have no idea what and where they searched and they're not talkin'.. well they are, strangely, but not about YY.
Short of downloading a fed we'll be working blind.

I'm no longer writing here for the benefit or boredom of other members.. just in the hope that somebody somewhere sees it and has the energy and the interest to do some work on the search.
Yes, its a needle in a haystack situation but most of them are.

My hope is after the 15th, especially when they have seen all the evidence, his lawyers can persuade him to confess and plead guilty, giving up the info about YY - for the sake of her family primarily, but also for his relatives too.

was sitting here on my puter the other day and while I do that I keep the tv om behind on very low volume. All of a sudden I hear the news guy say " near the corner of Springfield and Kenwood DR { which is where Johnson Ross plant is located }. I turn to look and the screen shows like 4 cop cars with lights on in that corner gas station. And I'm thinking,, OMG they found her in that plant!!. But it was a shooting right at the entrance of BC's apt complex. It was a very strange range of emotions I went thru in that less than a minute. I was so excited that they may have found her yet almost immediately realized that it would make her officially dead. Siigh

http://www.cetusnews.com/news/Emplo...e-his-whereabouts-during-work.HymuS0nFeM.html

Take a look at this. I have looked this up regarding another thread that I am on. Then I remembered about BC's phone (and YY's too for that matter). As a physics buff BC would sure know about this little trick. I wonder if that would account for the missing three hours?

I agree the waiting is worse than watching paint dry but my thoughts are with YY's family.

Very good possible connection there (no pun intended). I read that on the other thread and didn’t put the two together

Have not heard anything new for a while. With deer hunting season in full swing, I'm hoping that someone will stumble across something.

When I get back from traveling for Christmas, I will go put a fresh flower or two in her memorial.

December 15 was the deadline for prosecutors to turn over copies of everything they have to his defense team.

IF it is open and shut as they are hinting at, hopefully by now his defense lawyers have built up enough trust with him that he will listen to them if they tell him he isn't getting out of this -and he will give up her location.

I must say I have my doubts. He comes off to me as a completely cruel, heartless @sshole.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong