Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes a lot of sense to read through thread 1-2, as all of these questions have been answered 100 times. You can also google The Terminal Champaign IL and find it on google maps. Or I can just hand it to you. https://www.google.com/maps/place/I...5afe03e9d77fd7!8m2!3d40.1157317!4d-88.2412076
I have read them but hadnt see this mentioned. Sorry for asking/thanks for the link.
Eta so it looks like he turned left down w.university ave and that is why her phone pinged towards the Terminal. So he was heading west at that point.

I wouldn't drive straight north on Goodwin to get there. It is a residential neighborhood that few people but the residents have a reason to drive through, I didn't even realize it went all the way to Bradley Avenue. The neighborhood has a sketchy history too. I would have turned right on University (which would seem like a wrong turn to you) and a left on Lincoln.
I did see that way first then when I found the One apartments and where they were I noticed N.Goodwin went straight on too as an alternate route. Yingying would have thought a left turn to the Terminal definitely a wrong turn and so would I but that would match the phone ping anyway. TY for your response. I'm gonna find out where the gym is and where BC lives now.

I did see that way first then when I found the One apartments and where they were I noticed N.Goodwin went straight on too as an alternate route. Yingying would have thought a left turn to the Terminal definitely a wrong turn and so would I but that would match the phone ping anyway. TY for your response. I'm gonna find out where the gym is and where BC lives now.
gym address is here already as is address of his apt with footage and an interview with a neighbour who had met him on the morning of his arrest.. There are also other media links to his apartment, some of which include a brochure.. The footage is the better link tho.
I can never locate them. (old posts, I mean)

gym address is here already as is address of his apt with footage and an interview with a neighbour who had met him on the morning of his arrest.. There are also other media links to his apartment, some of which include a brochure.. The footage is the better link tho.
I can never locate them. (old posts, I mean)
TY. I'm gonna run thru old stuff again. Also, am assuming the 0925 a.m. 9 June LE impersonation was him (black sedan) and the target only reported it on the 12th after Yy had disappeared.

So this article mentions suspects (plural). Must be a translation glitch. Article also states BC lawyer is vice mayor of Champaign and that BC was unemployed and that the Fetlife posts have disappeared.
I posted it cos rent /income is consistent with an old article appearing in one of the bigger media coverage stories.. states rent was 900$ but when I checked out rents in his building, rents were a couple of hundred cheaper than is stated.. made me wonder whether there was a second property. In original article address was given for apt and I was able to download a brochure.. Finances were apparently lifted from a recent IRS return so I think they are legit.
It also put me on track of searching for a financial motive for the abduction.. the market for women, dead and alive.. Thats harrowing research and head frying to boot..

A tweet from one of the local Champaign news folks says: "Brendt Christensen's lawyers look to push back trial date, US Attorney's Office has no objection to this."
I assume this means the "pre-trial" hearing for Aug. 28 may be put off (...unless it only pertains to the trial start date of Sept. 12)?
One can imagine how long this trial may drag out :( (I'm wondering if his plea changes to insanity would that speed things up?). Our judicial/criminal system must seem incomprehensible to most of the world!

A tweet from one of the local Champaign news folks says: "Brendt Christensen's lawyers look to push back trial date, US Attorney's Office has no objection to this."
I assume this means the "pre-trial" hearing for Aug. 28 may be put off (...unless it only pertains to the trial start date of Sept. 12)?
One can imagine how long this trial may drag out :( (I'm wondering if his plea changes to insanity would that speed things up?). Our judicial/criminal system must seem incomprehensible to most of the world!

I think we all knew this trial was not going to start Sep 12 of this year. Sept, 2019 is probably far more realistic.

TY. I'm gonna run thru old stuff again. Also, am assuming the 0925 a.m. 9 June LE impersonation was him (black sedan) and the target only reported it on the 12th after Yy had disappeared.

It was never confirmed whether or not it was actually him. Also it was first reported to Urbana police. so was possibly reported immediately.
On the reddit student page there were lots of posts about it but hard to discern which were accurate.
Also strangely, on the link I posted, it had been inserted under a later date posting by usic police.. not sure what that was about... there had been criticisms levelled against them in other media, stating they had in fact been informed on the day it occurred, yet no notice appears for June 9th on their incident diary.. Nothing satisfactory was ever concluded to best of my knowledge

This also has been fully vetted many threads ago. When this first came out, the father of the girl who reported this posted a comment on a police FB article that she told him it was NOT BC or his same car. That post may still be there or have been deleted to give them privacy, but I saw it with my own eyes at the time.

Does a guy like BC strike a plea to avoid death row, and give up his victim's location? Or does he hold the whereabouts of his victim to himself, as his only tidbit of power left in his life?

Does a guy like BC strike a plea to avoid death row, and give up his victim's location? Or does he hold the whereabouts of his victim to himself, as his only tidbit of power left in his life?
the latter at a wild guess..reason being I have absolutely zero insight into who he is, stoned or unstoned.

We've been over this ground before, and unless I've misconstrued it, once this becomes a murder case THAT charge reverts BACK to the State of Illinois (no longer a Federal case), and Illinois does NOT have the death penalty (the kidnapping charge is under Federal jurisdiction).

I am guessing that so far, his lawyer is convincing him that he'll be able to throw out all the evidence from his car, apartment, phone, and audio recording. It's unlikely to succeed, but it's probably giving BC some hope in holding out right now. Now that they have the FBI evidence, I hope that there is so much video and physical evidence against him that he eventually changes his mind and does confess, or at least give out her location.

I couldn't give a Ff what he does. He's in :jail: and that's all that matters.

We've been over this ground before, and unless I've misconstrued it, once this becomes a murder case THAT charge reverts BACK to the State of Illinois (no longer a Federal case), and Illinois does NOT have the death penalty (the kidnapping charge is under Federal jurisdiction).
Would it make any difference if he committed the crime and hid her in Indiana?

This also has been fully vetted many threads ago. When this first came out, the father of the girl who reported this posted a comment on a police FB article that she told him it was NOT BC or his same car. That post may still be there or have been deleted to give them privacy, but I saw it with my own eyes at the time.
TY. I'm still reading thru ATM. So what's the chances of two guys driving around in a black saloon trying to abduct women on the same day in the same neighbourhood? Perhaps he did have an accomplice? JMO.

once this becomes a murder case THAT charge reverts BACK to the State of Illinois (no longer a Federal case), and Illinois does NOT have the death penalty (the kidnapping charge is under Federal jurisdiction).

I thought that in any kidnapping case where a death occurred it was possible to apply the death penalty?

So I'm guessing BC has to be found guilty of kidnapping on a federal level, and then if LE can indict him with her death and should a jury find him guilty of that as well, he could get the death penalty. I don't think the death would be treated on a "state" level since it's related to a kidnapping charge.

Can anyone confirm this?

ETA: My opinion is that LE is waiting to get enough evidence of wrongful death to add to his charges, to give him the death penalty. The Chinese govt must be pressing them on. (just my guess)

The main goal is to find YingYing. Crucifying the perpetrator is secondary. However, if life in prison versus certain death can be waged in exchange for knowing YingYing's whereabouts, it is very much relevant. Especially if you are her loved ones.jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23