Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #7 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also from the article that I found telling: BC's wife asked the FBI spout having a restraining order placed on him......
I had always expected that by now they would have found many more victims.

This case gets weirder all the time.
Michelle Zortman was on The News Gazette's fb page a few hours ago arguing with another local in the comments of the article from today.. Juvenile argument. Really weird.

Is it still up, or have the comments been taken down?

In one of the articles, she is said to have told investigators that she thought her husband could have done it, and claimed she was afraid of him, then it’s later claimed that she contacted the FBI and asked about getting a restraining order against him. Really odd....

Is it still up, or have the comments been taken down?

In one of the articles, she is said to have told investigators that she thought her husband could have done it, and claimed she was afraid of him, then it’s later claimed that she contacted the FBI and asked about getting a restraining order against him. Really odd....

I just checked and it's still there. It's in the comments under someone else's comment.. So strange. All of it.

I’m looking through it now. *WHY* in the hell is she on social media debating anything about this?

At least as far as I can tell, BC’s family has stayed far away from any sort of interaction with the press or social media....

Not too sure IF this is happening today. Nothing was said on the court site. So will post this JUST in case it IS happening. Updates are in red.

Tuesday, December 18th:
*Pretrial Motions & Jury Questions Hearing Continues (@ ET) - IL - Yingying Zhang (26) (missing on June 9, 2017, Urbana; not found) - *Brendt A. Christensen (28) indicted on kidnapping (Federal charge) resulting in death of Yingying and 2 counts of giving false statements to FBI. Plead not guilty; DA will seek DP.
12/18 & 12/19: Hearing on pretrial motions & jury questions; 1/4/19: Submission of proposed jury questionnaire; 1/11: Jury questionnaire mailed; 1/18: Objections to jury instructions; 2/1: Conf. on jury instructions & selection; 2/8: Motion in limine; 3/1: Response to Motion in limine; 3/4: Motion to strike potential jurors; 3/11: Pretrial Conf.; 3/25: Final Pretrial Conf.; 4/2: Jury Orientation; 4/3: Jury Selection begins; 4/9: Trial begins, which should last about 5 weeks.
Skipping over previous stuff.
12/17/18: Set/Reset Deadlines/Hearings: Dec 17, 2018: Motion Hearing
Minute Entry for proceedings held 12/17/18. Motion hearing held. Evidence for Government presented. Witnesses sworn; testimony heard. Defendant orally moved to withdraw Motion 95 ; granted. Government's Motion to Quash 188 is MOOT as Defendant was unable to serve subpoena. Government may re-raise matter if necessary. Defendant's Emergency Motion for Evidentiary Hearing 187 discussed; arguments heard. Government to file reply by 12/21/18. Hearing thereon scheduled for 1/18/19 at 9:30 AM. Defendant orally moved for the entry of a preservation order re: security video at Livingston County Jail; granted. Court recessed until 9:00 AM on 12/18/18.
12/18/18: Set/Reset Deadlines/Hearings: Dec 18, 2018: Motion hearing continued from 12/17/18. Evidence presented. Witnesses sworn; testimony heard. As follow-up to the oral motion made by Defendant at the hearing on 12/17/18 for the entry of a preservation order regarding security video at Livingston County Jail, the Court will enter a written order and directs the Government to contact the Livingston County Jail to notify them that order is coming and ask them not to destroy security tape of Defendant's cell. Motion hearing concluded; written order to be entered ruling on Defendant's motions 96 97 98 100 . Discussion held regarding future scheduling. Parties to submit revised proposed scheduling order. Motion hearing regarding 118 119 scheduled for 2/4/19 at 9:00 AM, CR A, Urbana. Discussion held regarding juror questionnaires. Juror questionnaire will be re-visited at the 1/18/19 hearing. Discussion held regarding outstanding unexecuted witness subpoena. Motion to Quash Subpoena 188 is moot as Court has heard evidence and argument and is prepared to rule on motions 96 97 100.

Christensen seen smirking in court

URBANA, Ill. (WCIA) -- Lawyers for accused kidnapper and killer Brendt Christensen called for an emergency hearing to suppress evidence. Christensen is accused of killing UI scholar Yingying Zhang.

His lawyers found out the FBI searched his cell Friday. In court Monday, it was a nitty gritty process of asking special agents what led to and what happened during and after the search of Christensen's apartment last year.

In court, Christensen was seen smirking as details were described about how the FBI found him the night they searched his apartment.
[.....]
Christensen's prison cell was searched while he was in court in Peoria Friday. His attorneys called for an emergency hearing to address potentially suppressing that evidence. The attorneys decided, at the beginning of the day, they would discuss it further Tuesday.

I just checked and it's still there. It's in the comments under someone else's comment.. So strange. All of it.
Do you have a link for this please? It is indeed weird.
I have this sick feeling from the outset that the fBI don't actually have much more information than we do.
I'm finding these 'legal' arguments tiresome, vexatious and showing no respect at all for YY... the gravity of his crime is being obfuscated and the (insert curse) has not disclosed her location and that should be enough to electrocute him, mad or not.

Christensen seen smirking in court

URBANA, Ill. (WCIA) -- Lawyers for accused kidnapper and killer Brendt Christensen called for an emergency hearing to suppress evidence. Christensen is accused of killing UI scholar Yingying Zhang.

His lawyers found out the FBI searched his cell Friday. In court Monday, it was a nitty gritty process of asking special agents what led to and what happened during and after the search of Christensen's apartment last year.

In court, Christensen was seen smirking as details were described about how the FBI found him the night they searched his apartment.
[.....]
Christensen's prison cell was searched while he was in court in Peoria Friday. His attorneys called for an emergency hearing to address potentially suppressing that evidence. The attorneys decided, at the beginning of the day, they would discuss it further Tuesday.
Smirking.
Sure, why not smirk.
He pulled it it off, his macabre fantasy became a reality. now he's costing the state a small fortune and indeed the state are practically ready to crown him, his majesty, the baby.
If I could just get my mitts on him...

Not too sure IF this is happening today. Nothing was said on the court site. So will post this JUST in case it IS happening. Updates are in red.

Tuesday, December 18th:
*Pretrial Motions & Jury Questions Hearing Continues (@ ET) - IL - Yingying Zhang (26) (missing on June 9, 2017, Urbana; not found) - *Brendt A. Christensen (28) indicted on kidnapping (Federal charge) resulting in death of Yingying and 2 counts of giving false statements to FBI. Plead not guilty; DA will seek DP.
12/18 & 12/19: Hearing on pretrial motions & jury questions; 1/4/19: Submission of proposed jury questionnaire; 1/11: Jury questionnaire mailed; 1/18: Objections to jury instructions; 2/1: Conf. on jury instructions & selection; 2/8: Motion in limine; 3/1: Response to Motion in limine; 3/4: Motion to strike potential jurors; 3/11: Pretrial Conf.; 3/25: Final Pretrial Conf.; 4/2: Jury Orientation; 4/3: Jury Selection begins; 4/9: Trial begins, which should last about 5 weeks.
Skipping over previous stuff.
12/17/18: Set/Reset Deadlines/Hearings: Dec 17, 2018: Motion Hearing
Minute Entry for proceedings held 12/17/18. Motion hearing held. Evidence for Government presented. Witnesses sworn; testimony heard. Defendant orally moved to withdraw Motion 95 ; granted. Government's Motion to Quash 188 is MOOT as Defendant was unable to serve subpoena. Government may re-raise matter if necessary. Defendant's Emergency Motion for Evidentiary Hearing 187 discussed; arguments heard. Government to file reply by 12/21/18. Hearing thereon scheduled for 1/18/19 at 9:30 AM. Defendant orally moved for the entry of a preservation order re: security video at Livingston County Jail; granted. Court recessed until 9:00 AM on 12/18/18.
12/18/18: Set/Reset Deadlines/Hearings: Dec 18, 2018: Motion hearing continued from 12/17/18. Evidence presented. Witnesses sworn; testimony heard. As follow-up to the oral motion made by Defendant at the hearing on 12/17/18 for the entry of a preservation order regarding security video at Livingston County Jail, the Court will enter a written order and directs the Government to contact the Livingston County Jail to notify them that order is coming and ask them not to destroy security tape of Defendant's cell. Motion hearing concluded; written order to be entered ruling on Defendant's motions 96 97 98 100 . Discussion held regarding future scheduling. Parties to submit revised proposed scheduling order. Motion hearing regarding 118 119 scheduled for 2/4/19 at 9:00 AM, CR A, Urbana. Discussion held regarding juror questionnaires. Juror questionnaire will be re-visited at the 1/18/19 hearing. Discussion held regarding outstanding unexecuted witness subpoena. Motion to Quash Subpoena 188 is moot as Court has heard evidence and argument and is prepared to rule on motions 96 97 100.

From the outset, I have believed that whatever searching was done was at least halfbaked, careless and as a result fruitless. They had access to the entire population of a university town, all willing to get out there and do the work, trawl, dredge, whatever it took. They had access to entire databases of SM...all his contacts and everyone he met through them. They had access to the best psychiatric nad psychological minds, yet at this late stage, the pull this stupid, illegal search of his cell without permission from the facility that housed him or a complaint from them.

It is as possible now as it was at the beginning that he sold her on.
If he's still saying he picked her up and dropped her off a few blocks later and there is neither evidentary proof of death or dNA found after he allegedly dropped her off and all they have is teb's recording, which could have been a brag, they have nothing at all and he is smirking because there is a very good chance he will walk and he knows it, thanks to fBI breaching laws and protocols by searching his cell in his absence.

They never really tried to find her, because they did not find her. Searches were concluded with extraordinary haste.
Just like he was never charged or prosecuted for his previous attack of a young woman.
Why not??

I feel the same way, they should’ve been searching all along. They have their man and she is presumed dead from the beginning with no info to public...it sickens me to think they could’ve blotch this case. I think we still need searches for her remains.

Any sleuthers interested in discussing possible whereabouts of YY, I’m gonna be having coffee at aroma coffee shop in Champaign on Neil Street at about 3:00. Would love to get someone else thoughts on things I find important.

Any sleuthers interested in discussing possible whereabouts of YY, I’m gonna be having coffee at aroma coffee shop in Champaign on Neil Street at about 3:00. Would love to get someone else thoughts on things I find important.
I always maintained searches were inadequate.
So why not lay out theories here, again, I know we did it a million times before and I know there is resistance to doing it but I'm up for it.

Start here-
I'm YY, desperately anxious to be on time for new apartment viewing, bus wouldn't stop, this country strange.. late, hurrying, convinced now I will miss this fabulous opportunity, hurrying along, wondering whether my map is accurate and how I can gauge distance and time, already rang apartment owner to say I'm gonna be late, but not this late.. it's hot, rushing, hurrying along... sure now, I'm gonna miss my appointment, why did I leave it so late to start my journey? This is much further than I thought? How can I get there quickly? Oh no, I'm gonna miss it for sure, am I even on the right road?? Is this map correct, am I going in the right direction at all? Is there a faster way to get there...
Frankenstein pulls up at this point, attends same college, so we connect, he's gonna help me get there... Someone else take it from here now...

Her whereabouts is down to whatever information and knowledge he has, any secret dens he might have access to, his tools, motivation and domineering natuure

Here at cafe. The reason I joined this website was people seemed to have good ideas as to where to look for yy. I always thought there were a lot of mis information junkies out there arguing the finer points of the investigation. Since then a lot of people want to offer objections rather than see everyone's point of view. The police don't seem to care, nor fbi, but she is still missing. It agrervates me to think what if this was my child. I've been to a place that makes the hairs stand up on your neck. Maybe it's crazy, don't know but seems important to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McKeith