GUILTY IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #9 *Arrest*

Discussion in 'Trials' started by liltexans, Jul 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raptors001

Raptors001 Well-Known Member

Just my opinion.

No one was there to defend yyz for her life. But bc has a group of lawyers defending his life after he admitting took hers.

Midnight thoughts.

2. Niner

Niner Long time Websleuther

That trial started yesterday.

bluenoser, Hatfield and JaneEyre like this.
  3. Niner

Tuesday, June 18th:
    *Trial continues (Day 5) (@ 9am ET) - IL - Yingying Zhang (26) (missing on June 9, 2017, Urbana; not found) - *Brendt A. Christensen (28) indicted (6/30/17) on kidnapping (Federal charge) resulting in death of Yingying & 2 counts of giving false statements to FBI. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will seek DP. Trial started 6/3/19 with jury selection & took until 6/11/19 to pick a jury. Trial should last about a week & a half (was 5 weeks previously). Opening statements expected to start 6/12 Wednesday morning. Judge expects a verdict between June 21 and June 24. If there ends up being a sentencing phase, judge believes it would start on July 8 so the 4th of July wouldn't interfere with the process. 12 jurors & 6 alternates. (7 men & 5 women).
    Jury Selection Days 1 to 7 (6/3/19 to 6/7/19) & Trial days 1 to 3 (6/2/19 to 6/14/19) reference post #151 here:
    Still Missing - IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #9 *Arrest*

6/16/19 Update: The Court Has Ruled That Dr. Zoline’s Testimony is Admissible. Trial continues to Monday, 6/17.
    6/17/19 Day 4: Defense filed motion asking court to seek an explanation from the U of I as to why they didn’t comply with a subpoena on BC’s counseling evaluations. Defense suggests UI could be held in contempt, Judge says he will review. State witnesses: FBI Special Agent Huckstadt. Senior FBI Forensic Examiner William O’Sullivan. Prosecutors spent the last hour or so giving a detailed look into Christensen's digital life - his texts, browsing history and social media postings - in the weeks before and after Yingying disappeared. ISP crime scene investigator (no name given). Trial continues to 6/18.

Please tell if there "was" a ISP crime scene investigator on the stand after O'Sullivan's testimony? From what I read on the tweets posted, it was confusing - at least to me! TIA! :)

4. tresir2012

tresir2012 Oh! What a tangled web we weave....

Thanks Niner.

MsJosie, Niner and Hatfield like this.
  5. altojack

altojack Well-Known Member

I'm almost packed just incase kitty. Husband asked did I want him to pack for me. Thinking, is there a message there lol.

6. altojack

altojack Well-Known Member

Yes, we wouldn't leave you behind.

7. Hatfield

Hatfield Well-Known Member

Catching up.

Thanks so much Kitty and others for the great job you and everyone else are doing keeping us updated with trial tweets and trial notes.

It is greatly appreciated.

8. Hatfield

Hatfield Well-Known Member

Im hoping some information from this trial will help give us some hints where he ended up taking Yingying's body. There could be a small hidden clue in the evidence that comes out during the course of the trial.

Im also hoping a successful prosecution will provide at least a small bit of relief for Yingying's family and friends. They need something positive to happen for them.

9. YESorNO

YESorNO The Queen (aka "mrsmuir") SWBB

"....Also on Monday, an FBI forensic examiner testified that browsing history on Christensen’s cell phone and that no relevant location data was recovered from it."

FBI to probe if scholar was one of 13 victims | SaukValley.com

10. Niner

Found it in the article....

University of Illinois Police Detective Eric Stiverson

Thanks YESorNO! :)

Hatfield likes this.
  11. x_files

x_files Well-Known Member

It's a dangerous fetish.

Hatfield likes this.
  12. x_files

Kitten is slang for submissive sex kitten or slave BTW.

13. x_files

It is NOT recommended because it's an extremely dangerous fetish.

Hatfield and Sheila Terranova like this.
  14. x_files

I don't think he was blind or on a psychotic rampage but coldly calculated psychopathic one.

15. Sheila Terranova

Sheila Terranova Well-Known Member

Why hasn't anyone mentioned poor Ying Ying's missing body in the trial???? Since they,opened with "he killed her," the least they could do is let the family know where he hid her remains. Is that asking too much?

16. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

Christensen trial | 'They have the bat I hit her in the head with'
    Later in April, after visiting a question-and-answers section of FetLife on abduction fantasies and the basics of abduction, he responded to a woman's request for a consensual abduction.
    He said he'd gag her, put her in a large duffel bag and take her to a motel.

He also said he was looking into a letter of consent in case the police or someone else accused him of something illicit
    LIVE: The trial of Brendt Christensen, Day 5
    The request was made June 13, four days after Christensen kidnapped Ms. Zhang, because “the grout has been peeling for quite some time and it’s getting a lot worse. There’s mold.”

Clark said there was mold and mildew in some joints and some caulk peeling, but the grout appeared to be in normal condition.

UIPD detective Tom Geis testified about searching Christensen’s safety deposit box at Busey Bank. His passport, lease agreement, a tax form, wedding certificate, vehicle registration and birth certificate were in there.
    Emily Hogan, the UI grad student who said she was approached by a man the morning Ms. Zhang went missing, also testified, repeating much of what she said at a pretrial hearing in December.

“I’m an undercover cop,” the man told her. “Could I ask you some questions?”

She said yes to what she described as a white male in his early 30s with short dark hair and clean shaven. He was also wearing aviators.

Elsewhere Tuesday, judge James Shadid ordered attorneys for the University of Illinois to appear at the courthouse Monday and bring documents related to Christensen's treatment at the school's counseling center.

Niner, Laughing, MerBeach and 5 others like this.
  17. kittythehare

Michelle Christensen is expected to testify for the defense this week.
    TB is expected to testify this week also.
    They are allegedly hoping to wrap up on Friday.

Minimalism is a new low.

x_files, Niner, Laughing and 7 others like this.
  18. kittythehare

BI Special Agent Katherine Tenaglia testifies that she was in contact with Michelle Christensen throughout, helped her get a hotel room the night of the search warrant executed @WCIA3
    Tenaglia says the first time FBI agents showed up at their door, BC asked Michelle what he should do, and she told him to go with them
    Aaron Eades

Niner, Laughing, pillywiggin and 4 others like this.
  19. kittythehare

@willpublicmedia Emily Hogan testified she was approached 6/9/17 by the man who said he was an undercover cop & asked her to get in his car. She said she felt sick when she saw Christensen's picture. She also questioned herself between 2 of the 6 pictures. #YingyingZhang

Niner, Laughing, pillywiggin and 4 others like this.
  20. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Well-Known Member

I’m aware. I don’t think most people would even know about it if not for the deaths it has caused.

x_files, Hazelnutty and Hatfield like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.