Illinois man accused of pushing wife to her death after baseball game

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by Knox, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Knox

Knox Darkness Never Wins-Heather Elvis~

St. Louis Police say they were called to the Stadium East Parking Garage near Busch Stadium around 1:45 a.m. Sunday.

When officers arrived, they found Bradley Jenkins covered in blood, straddling the body of 27-year-old Allissa L. Martin.

Police reported the 30-year-old Jenkins appeared to be agitated and intoxicated.

Martin's cell phone was found on the 7th floor of the parking garage above where her body was discovered on the concrete pavement. Police say her phone was still recording when they found it.
    https://kutv.com/news/nation-world/...xb0qUGSiN6fsIfkR-D-U_gd3_OAaDwh4uUriW29MzVx4w

2. AzPistonsGirl

AzPistonsGirl Detroit to the Bone

speechless: Woman falls to death from St. Louis parking garage; new husband charged with assault

"The recording showed her pointing the camera toward herself," Detective Mark West wrote in a probable cause statement. "She then turned the camera toward this defendant and he was shown on camera. They were arguing."

Martin can be heard on the recording yelling at Jenkins to stop punching her face, charges say. She then dropped the phone.

"Shortly after that, you hear her scream as she falls," West wrote.

Jenkins told police he and Martin were married May 22 in Las Vegas, charges said. He told police their coworkers had accompanied them to the Cardinals-Cubs game at Busch Stadium and that they had argued during the game.

3. Knox

Knox Darkness Never Wins-Heather Elvis~

Their facebook pages were still up when I looked earlier today, but it seems someone closed them now? Looked like such a happy couple. He has four kids from a previous relationship, poor little guys. What could have went so wrong?! Jenkins looks like he lifts weights, I wonder if this had an element of "roid rage"?

kimpage, tlcya, Mysti88c and 7 others like this.
  4. realanastasia

realanastasia Well-Known Member

Holy mackerel, they’d been married only 10 or 11 days when he murdered her?! I am curious about the circumstances surrounding those Vegas nuptials—was it a just done on a lark, and maybe one or both didn’t realize it was legally binding (and subsequently wanted to dissolve the union)? Or was it a volatile relationship, in general?

5. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

seems about right IMO

6. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

They were both Illinois prison guards.

7. Jax49

Jax49 Florida Native

kimpage, GarAndTeed and realanastasia like this.
  8. tlcya

tlcya Well-Known Member

This case makes me so sad. Taylorville is just a 20 minute drive down the road from me and it's a small community that suffered a tornado earlier this year. Everyone knows everyone and it's tightknit. I feel badly for them going through this now on top of that. I don't know Allissa or Brad but we share some common FB friends.

Seems like they had been a couple for a few years and only recently got married just a week before her death. I agree with knox's line of thinking. I lean toward roid rage.

BlackCloud, kimpage and GarAndTeed like this.
  9. tlcya

tlcya Well-Known Member

Case dismissed against husband in woman’s fatal fall from downtown parking garage

“The City Circuit Court requires an indictment within 90 days after charging a case,” Circuit Attorney Spokeswoman Susan Ryan sent in a statement to News 4. “Unfortunately, we are still awaiting evidence from police and the medical examiner that are required for the Grand Jury to decide this case.”

Ryan said the Circuit Attorney’s Office plans to refile the charges once the necessary evidence is received.

savagewoman, cocomod, kimpage and 3 others like this.
  10. ilovematt

ilovematt Well-Known Member

Umm, is a video of him on the roof he denied being on while punching her and then her falling not evidence? Irrefutable evidence at that?

11. tlcya

tlcya Well-Known Member

One would think, but hey, this IS Illinois so . . .

realanastasia likes this.
  12. AzPistonsGirl

AzPistonsGirl Detroit to the Bone

charges can be brought (refiled) later and my guess is that they will be.

13. BlackCloud

BlackCloud Well-Known Member

Maybe they're waiting for some divine intervention to get an irrefutable evidence o_O

14. weepingangel

weepingangel Well-Known Member