I'm back

Discussion in 'JonBenet Ramsey' started by DeeDee249, Nov 5, 2012.

1. DeeDee249

DeeDee249 New Member

It would take more than some stupid Hurricane to blow ME away. But I have a lot of catching up to do. My home is OK but my isand (Long Beach Island, NJ) is NOT. Lost 2 cars. But some peope lost everything, so I'm lucky. Now...I have to catch up om things. I assume the case has not been solved in my absence. So back to the threads. Hope you all were safe in the storm.

2. Loading...

3. M.James

M.James New Member

Best wishes.

4. otg

otg Reports of my death are greatly exagerated... but

Thanks, DD. Your absence is always noticed and you are missed here more than you can imagine.

I also pray for the best for anyone else affected by the storm.

5. arielilane

arielilane Justice for Morgan

Welcome back, DeeDee. You were greatly missed. I'm always reading here. Sending well wishes to you and everyone affected by the hurricane. Here's to coming back stronger and building better than ever! xo ariel

6. jeeps

jeeps New Member

Hi DeeDee, welcome back. I'm really sorry to hear about your misfortunes with the hurricane. Down here in South Jersey [near Vineland], we lucked out and really only got some winds and a little precipitation (I think the eye passed right over us). Didn't even lose power... =/

7. DeeDee249

DeeDee249 New Member

Thanks, all. I live on LBI, one of the barrier islands that got hit the worst. I haven't been back to my house yet- we lost the ground floor and 2 cars. Interesting- the elevator worked after being reset. I had remembered to send it up to the top floor before I left. We'll have to replace the cables because salt water is so corrosive after the insurance is settled. For now, they say it is safe. I guess I'll find out- the gas company hooked up the gas lines this week so residents can return home. It's only 3 stories so I won't have far to fall if the elevator cables snap.
    We've been staying with my husband's sister, his late brother's son, and their semi-vicious pit bull Pinky. Pinky LOVES us. Go figure.

8. KarenUK

KarenUK Active Member

Glad you're ok :)