Images in post limited to 5 now?

Spellbound

falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus
Reaction score
Curiosity question for those of us who like to use the smileys. Is there a reason our allowance for using images in posts is now limited to five, including what is in any quoted post? If it could go back to 20, it would be appreciated. But if there is a good reason we are limited, we are nosey enough to wonder what that is. Thanks!
(I couldn't post and couldn't figure out why .... just kept clicking the submit button until I wised up and scrolled up above what I could see on my screen. duhh-mee)

Curiosity question for those of us who like to use the smileys. Is there a reason our allowance for using images in posts is now limited to five, including what is in any quoted post? If it could go back to 20, it would be appreciated. But if there is a good reason we are limited, we are nosey enough to wonder what that is. Thanks!
(I couldn't post and couldn't figure out why .... just kept clicking the submit button until I wised up and scrolled up above what I could see on my screen. duhh-mee)

I'd like to know why smilies have been reduced to five too. I had the same problem posting when I went one or two over. I mean it's not like WS will run out of smilies if we use 20 once in awhile in a spurt of creativity and humor. :D

I'm also curious about the 15 minute (?) editing time. We used to have a couple of hours to add additional links or correct punctuation mistakes, etc. Sometimes it helps to have a little more time than 15 minutes or so. Maybe it's easier for mods if we aren't changing posts after they have read them?

I haven't encountered the editing time change ....... yet. guarantee you, I will soon. I am constantly having to fix auto correct errors that I don't catch quick enough. thanks for the heads up, Lilebet.

It seems we used to get a warning when things like these would be changing. I don't ever know where to look for these posts about "in general issues" any more. Is Forum Finesse the right place for these now?

I will add my question regarding the Search feature here on WS. It use to be when one typed in the box, many replies would be returned directing you to an exact page where that information could be found.

Several days ago in searching for something, the return was the the entire thread! That response is of no help as I know my selected words were not on every page. I did try using different terminology to no avail. Has there been a major change?

I put a link to this thread in the Q&A thread and also sent a pm to Ticya nagging...I mean alerting...her. :D I wasn't sure this thread would be seen.

I put a link to this thread in the Q&A thread and also sent a pm to Ticya nagging...I mean alerting...her. :D I wasn't sure this thread would be seen.

Can an you give me the link to the Q&A thread, please? I apparently don't know where it is (ETA... found it. thanks again)

As to your previous post, I never can find a thing by using the search feature. Whole threads are not helpful at all, and that is what I get. :scared:

Re shorter editing time, I found this in the Q&A thread. Bessie, posted # 581 on 3/19/2016:

I'm afraid so, at least for the time being. You have a very short time span in which you can edit. I believe the current setting is 15 minutes. After one minute, the post will show as being edited (I.e. "last edited by...") beneath the post.

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the delay in answering your questions.

First, you have one hour to edit your posts. Everyone's edit time is exactly the same.

The reason why we allow one hour is that should be enough time if you are working on a complicated post.

We have reduced the smilies because if posters use a bunch of smilies it makes it hard to read the post.

Please understand we are a true crime discussion forum. People come here to read the latest. It's difficult if
someone is trying to get the facts of a case and they have to keep scrolling down the page to try and find a post that
gives them pertinent information. A large number of smilies on a post does not indicate the post is useful as far as the facts go.

Finally, it can affect loading time (depending on your browser) if you have a bunch of smilies on a page.

Thanks everyone,
Tricia

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the delay in answering your questions.

First, you have one hour to edit your posts. Everyone's edit time is exactly the same.

The reason why we allow one hour is that should be enough time if you are working on a complicated post.

We have reduced the smilies because if posters use a bunch of smilies it makes it hard to read the post.

Please understand we are a true crime discussion forum. People come here to read the latest. It's difficult if
someone is trying to get the facts of a case and they have to keep scrolling down the page to try and find a post that
gives them pertinent information. A large number of smilies on a post does not indicate the post is useful as far as the facts go.

Finally, it can affect loading time (depending on your browser) if you have a bunch of smilies on a page.

Thanks everyone,
Tricia
BBM

Thanks so much Tricia. I wonder if there was a sporadic glitch for awhile that shortened the edit time to 15-20 minutes temporarily. I'm glad it's an hour, but I did have a couple of posts in the past few weeks that wouldn't let me edit after a short time. :banghead: Others had the problem too. I'm so glad that's not the "new normal." I can't always think that fast! :)

I understand about the smilies. Thanks. :tyou:

I agree with everything said by the previous post made by Lilibet. Thank you for sharing this, Tricia. It helps to know when changes have been made. Much appreciate your time and efforts!

Yes, we will do our best to keep you updated in Forum Finesse. Also look for the announcements at the top of each forum and the "Notice". It is at the top of each page in the middle. We make announcements in both those places as far as anythng changing on Websleuths.

I haven't encountered the editing time change ....... yet. guarantee you, I will soon. I am constantly having to fix auto correct errors that I don't catch quick enough. thanks for the heads up, Lilebet.

It seems we used to get a warning when things like these would be changing. I don't ever know where to look for these posts about "in general issues" any more. Is Forum Finesse the right place for these now?

OMG I'm loving the new look! :loveyou:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back