Imperfect Justice-Prosecuting Casey Anthony by Jeff Ashton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully.... In response to the who won/who lost debate that has been going on here, regardless of what side of the fence that you view the outcome of this trial, there was only ONE true person who lost and that is that beautiful, innocent little girl with the big brown eyes named CAYLEE .... After all, isn't SHE the reason why we were/are all here? :waitasec: :banghead:

For me, that's as problematic as the timing of the book. I'm not impressed by any prosecutor or defense attorney who is working on a book about a case they're trying while the trial is still going on.

Hopefully, Ashton wasn't working on the book during the trial, but his co-writer was. I'd rather think that he didn't turn his attention to the book until after the trial, and maybe we'll find out eventually whether that was the case.

Jeff did the forensics portion of the trial. All the testing and scientific data was gathered early on in the case and testing was completed by the outside labs and facilities. So much of what Jeff prepared for trial was done within the first year. That would leave him with 2 years and I'm sure the SAO have had other cases to try but he would still have had plenty of time to write a book....not working 24/7 IMO. My husband always had a recorder with him and recorded all his reports so I could see Jeff putting information on tape to be transcribed at a later date and possibly by someone else. We waited 3 years for this trial because of the defense not the State. The State claimed they were ready when AL came on-board. jmo

If this trial was a quest for justice, surely we can agree that the quest was lost? If there are no winners and losers in a trial, then justice must have been served here because a jury of Casey's peers found her not guilty. They didnt find the states case compelling enough to warrant a guilty verdict.

I was stunned at the verdict like the rest of you because I think she is clearly guilty and I felt there was more than enough evidence to prove it.

So something went wrong then, and if it was not the defense blowing the jury away with their passion and adeptness, then I would think it is reasonable to believe that the prosecution did not do their job well enough to ensure a conviction.

This is the aspect of the book I would be most interested in-how Mr Ashton addresses this and if he had it to do over again, what would he do differently?

If this trial was a quest for justice, surely we can agree that the quest was lost? If there are no winners and losers in a trial, then justice must have been served here because a jury of Casey's peers found her not guilty. They didnt find the states case compelling enough to warrant a guilty verdict.

I was stunned at the verdict like the rest of you because I think she is clearly guilty and I felt there was more than enough evidence to prove it.

So something went wrong then, and if it was not the defense blowing the jury away with their passion and adeptness, then I would think it is reasonable to believe that the prosecution did not do their job well enough to ensure a conviction.

This is the aspect of the book I would be most interested in-how Mr Ashton addresses this and if he had it to do over again, what would he do differently?

I think the sequestered jury felt it was just a little too much for them to go through the process of deliberation. It appears all they wanted to do was go home. Those that have appeared before the cameras removed all doubt about that. jmo

I wish I could afford it but I literally do not have a $1.00 to spare.

Lera, I asked my small public library to preorder it. They were already aware of the book and happy to have a request on hand in order to let them be able do so. Give it a try. I think many will benefit.

Ask them to put you first on the reserved list to read it, too. :loveyou:

i agree that he may lay out what he would have done differently had he known he had to spell it out for the jury in a manner in which baez did. it is a shame though that no one in the anthony family will every see that caylee did lose and BIG. i wonder if it's true that the sheriffs office did know where caylee was but had their hands tied and were forced to not speak as well. sound familiar? poor baby. but that must have drove them crazy if they did indeed know that. i can just hear casey giggling about tripping over those infamous pavers and getting caylee mess all over her only work pants. *shudders*

Respectfully.... In response to the who won/who lost debate that has been going on here, regardless of what side of the fence that you view the outcome of this trial, there was only ONE true person who lost and that is that beautiful, innocent little girl with the big brown eyes named CAYLEE .... After all, isn't SHE the reason why we were/are all here? :waitasec: :banghead:

You are so, so right Farfalla. As much as I love and respect all of the the principled minds who have posted arguments against the words "lost," and "won" I have to agree with you that Caylee certainly seemed to have lost here. Losing and winning is not only game playing, as some have opined. People run for the title of presidency of this country and lose or win. That is not a game.

While it seems that Caylee and justice, imo, lost here we have to remember that the trial was a battle. The war may not be completed as yet. My hope and prayers continue!

You are so, so right Farfalla. As much as I love and respect all of the the principled minds who have posted arguments against the words "lost," and "won" I have to agree with you that Caylee certainly seemed to have lost here. Losing and winning is not only game playing, as some have opined. People run for the title of presidency of this country and lose or win. That is not a game.

While it seems that Caylee and justice, imo, lost here we have to remember that the trial was a battle. The war may not be completed as yet. My hope and prayers continue!

I have more than one dear friend from the past who that "lost" their battle with cancer. Hardly a game. Anyway, of all the "players" in this case, Jeff Ashton is still one of the few that is a "winner" to me, regardless of the outcome of the trial. I will wait in eager anticipation for his book. Hope it is not solely written word but also has some forensic/scientific illustrations in it.

Since the conversation has turned to worthwhile if one is a winner and not worthwhile if he is not - let me rephrase this.

Two lawyers at trial. One "for" me and one "against" me. Who would I chose to defend me?

Without question - Jeff Ashton. If I ended up with Baez as my lawyer, I'd have fired him and represented myself. IMO.

I have more than one dear friend from the past who that "lost" their battle with cancer. Hardly a game. Anyway, of all the "players" in this case, Jeff Ashton is still one of the few that is a "winner" to me, regardless of the outcome of the trial. I will wait in eager anticipation for his book. Hope it is not solely written word but also has some forensic/scientific illustrations in it.

Oh yes, rotterdam! An even better analogy. Thank you. What I'm hoping for in Mr Ashton's book is a whole lot of his analytical thoughts spiced with some of his emotions. He has been highly criticized for showing his emotions by some and also criticized by many for being too unattached or analytical ~ not friendly enough. I thought he was just right. What I'm eager to read is what the state may have had available to them that was not legally admissible for them to bring into court. I have a feeling that this may be an area that we have not not understood. I am looking for details that may may have been available, but inadmissible. That's what I'm hoping to read.

Even if that's not there ~ I thank Jeff Ashton and hope he makes thousands of thousands from his book!

Oh yes, rotterdam! An even better analogy. Thank you. What I'm hoping for in Mr Ashton's book is a whole lot of his analytical thoughts spiced with some of his emotions. He has been highly criticized for showing his emotions by some and also criticized by many for being too unattached or analytical ~ not friendly enough. I thought he was just right. What I'm eager to read is what the state may have had available to them that was not legally admissible for them to bring into court. I have a feeling that this may be an area that we have not not understood. I am looking for details that may may have been available, but inadmissible. That's what I'm hoping to read.

Even if that's not there ~ I thank Jeff Ashton and hope he makes thousands of thousands from his book!

I'm hoping to hear about Dr. Spitz and how he was mislead. If Dr. Spitz, as he testified to, only saw some of the pictures then the outcome of his report for defense may have been totally different. I would love it because somehow I think Dr. Spitz would read his book. jmo

I'm hoping to hear about Dr. Spitz and how he was mislead. If Dr. Spitz, as he testified to, only saw some of the pictures then the outcome of his report for defense may have been totally different. I would love it because somehow I think Dr. Spitz would read his book. jmo

What I would love to see is Dr Spitz writing a foreword to JA's book stating how much he respects Jeffs work and apologizing for being duped by the defense. Now that would be sweet.

What I would love to see is Dr Spitz writing a foreword to JA's book stating how much he respects Jeffs work and apologizing for being duped by the defense. Now that would be sweet.

Him or Dr Arpad Vass. I really like Dr Vass. And especially since Jeff Ashton did introduce cutting edge technology of the sniffing machine into the trial, a new technology that Dr Vass is developing.

Am so looking forward to the release of this book. I just received my Kindle !! and the first book I ordered was by the same ghost writer .. Lisa Pulitzer (love that name). The book is "Stolen Innocence" about an FDLS young girl. Anxious to get started on it. Loving the Kindle!

im looking forward to the release as well... my birthday is september 13th and have been hinting to hubby i want a kindle... of course by next week the hints will be full blown "I WANT A KINDLE" signs all over the house (lol) and its still possible he wont get my "hints." oh well, thinking i might just be better off getting one for myself next week....

anyway, congrats to JA! cannot wait to read your book on my new kindle!!

This Prosecution Team did an Outstanding job!!! There was more evidence then one could ever ask for. I was just amazed that 12 Brainless people could be picked at one time but I guess anything is possible. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall, just too see how they function or too see if they were able to function. Well it's over and done with and they should walk with their heads down.

im looking forward to the release as well... my birthday is september 13th and have been hinting to hubby i want a kindle... of course by next week the hints will be full blown "I WANT A KINDLE" signs all over the house (lol) and its still possible he wont get my "hints." oh well, thinking i might just be better off getting one for myself next week....

anyway, congrats to JA! cannot wait to read your book on my new kindle!!
Believe it or not, I didn't know what a kindle was until just recently ... and I'm reasonably technologically and gadget savvy normally!
Well, today's Fathers Day here and I've been dropping clues as to what I 'might like' for the past couple of weeks - a kindle being one of the things on the list. I got a card and some very nice t-shirts :innocent:
So, a long story short, I'll be BUYING a kindle in the near future .... and maybe the kids can get me Mr Ashton's book as an early Christmas gift - I'll start with the hint dropping on that one about .. eeerr .. tomorrow?

Believe it or not, I didn't know what a kindle was until just recently ... and I'm reasonably technologically and gadget savvy normally!
Well, today's Fathers Day here and I've been dropping clues as to what I 'might like' for the past couple of weeks - a kindle being one of the things on the list. I got a card and some very nice t-shirts :innocent:
So, a long story short, I'll be BUYING a kindle in the near future .... and maybe the kids can get me Mr Ashton's book as an early Christmas gift - I'll start with the hint dropping on that one about .. eeerr .. tomorrow?

Happy Fathers Day Well Done 99. I'd like to learn more about Australia as one of my nephews is married to a girl from Perth. She wishes to return home to Perth with my nephew and their daughter.I'm really interested in a Kindle myself.Sorry for OT.

I think trials should be quests for justice and searches for truth.

In reality, though, they're contests and games. And yes, there's a winner and loser in each one. It's more obvious in the high profile cases, but the attorneys are trying to win the prize in each and every one.

In reality, though, they're contests and games. And yes, there's a winner and loser in each one. It's more obvious in the high profile cases, but the attorneys are trying to win the prize in each and every one.

As we've seen in a number of recent "high profile" cases, many times even the losers win with their media contracts and book deals. Unfortunately, even the 'good' guys are sometimes in it for the money and fame.

Truth. What I dislike about this is that it is not always justice that "wins." But that it lodges itself on the attorney's score card as such. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53