Imperfect Justice-Prosecuting Casey Anthony by Jeff Ashton

Discussion in 'Caylee Anthony 2 years old' started by JBean, Aug 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. logicalgirl

logicalgirl Peace Hawk

Isn't this the guy whose brother is with the FBI? I suspect some long standing deep seated competitive issues and this may have been a loud and clear "Mason salute" to him a la - here's to "your law"....:innocent:

2. Sweet Fox

Sweet Fox New Member

Absolutely!! From the onset, this jury was colluding with each other. As you may recall, back in May it was reported, that some of the jurors send a note to HHBP demanding to know right there and then which of the 17 would be jurors and which would be alternates. If anyone wants to see the article link, let me know.

Also before going into deliberations, they requested to see one piece of evidence. Therefore, the judge KNEW on at least these 2 occasions that the jurors were colluding and discussing the case with each other, yet he allowed this sham trial to continue. I hope Ashton talks about this in his book. This disgraceful jury cost the taxpayers over $160,000 which doesn’t even include the cost of the sheriff’s dept who had to watch them. IMO) there were several stealth jurors who took control and persuaded the naive others to vote NG. MOO and I stand by it.

3. Francine

Francine Don't forget to pet your Wheaties!

It would be great if Jeff Ashton could shed some light about the jury dynamic.

This foreperson almost sounds like he had a Svengali like influence on the jury, or he was like the Pied Piper, leading them to their doom.

But he probably whined and complained to this motherly-type figure that, "oh dear, poor me, sigh, I have to work so hard here, I have to take all these notes for everybody else during the trial, and complete my on-line master degree courses with a deadline looming, and I haven't seen my family in far too long and they need me so badly, that....I just don't have time to eat, or do my laundry, or take a shower, or...." ad nauseum. The older woman,feeling a twinge of guilt, probably bought his sob story, brought him food, did his laundry, got him toothpaste if the hotel didn't have it, etc. Maybe she even tucked him at night when he was simply "too tired" to do it himself, and sang him a lullabye. :crazy:

She was thoroughly manipulated by this dude. No wonder she ran away and hid after the verdict came.

Who knows what else he got the others to do for him?

Maybe Jeff Ashton heard something about this situation with the foreperson and the other jurors?

4. RR0004

RR0004 New Member

I knew nothing about the "laundry" and am now kinda glad that I chose not to listen to these jurors. Totally unfreaking believable!

PS- can't wait to read the book!!

5. Bobbisangel

Bobbisangel New Member

My feeling exactly. I want to know what the Pros thought and what went on behind the scenes. I hope he can really say anything that he wants too now that he is retired. I laughed so hard when I heard that Jeff wrote a book and that it is coming out soon. I thought "I'll bet Jose had a heart attack!" I know he is just trying to figure out how he can get his hands on some big bucks through Casey's case. Too bad Jose...LOL.

6. Bobbisangel

Bobbisangel New Member

Didn't anyone on the jury have any knowledge of the Scott Peterson's trial? There was no proof that he murdered Lacy and Connor but there was a ton of circumstancial evidence. The jury didn't hear a smoking gun or a video of the murder. They used their common sense and found him guilty along with the death penalty. I guess their foreman was what a foreman was supposed to be unlike this one. The foreman and that Jennifer that was out talking to the media really bothered me. She is probably the one that washed the laundry. She even got a trip to Disney World or Land on top of it all.

7. rossva

rossva George Zimmerman: Innocent until proven guilty.

IIRC, it was the DEFENSE TEAM that brought these two occassions to Perry's attention, and wanted something done about them.

8. 3doglady

3doglady Certified Coffeeaholic

Well, the foreman did think JB was very professional and you know he's good at reading people because he told us he was.:floorlaugh:

9. okiedokietoo

okiedokietoo New Member

Circumstantial Evidence:
    http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Circumstantial+Evidence
    Indirect Evidence
    http://www.lectlaw.com/def/c342.htm
    Scott Peterson convicted of murder
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6385208/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/t/scott-peterson-convicted-murder/#.TmVjBlsweSo

10. Truthwillsetufree

Truthwillsetufree New Member

Geez, I barely do my own Husband's laundry much less some guy I don't even know...fat chance of that ever happening!

11. seeing_eye

seeing_eye New Member

So I guess after all his attempts Jose finally got his "trial by ambush" after all??

12. jon_burrows

jon_burrows New Member

It will be interesting if JA writes about the difference between direct evidence and circumstantial evidence and if he thinks the jury understood the difference.

Cindy said on several occasions LE had nothing on FCA, just circumstantial evidence.

The best analogy I've seen is:

Direct evidence: You look out your window before going to bed and see it snowing.

Circumstantial evidence: You look out your window in the morning and see a foot of snow.

IMO

13. Well Done 99

Well Done 99 New Member

I need to get myself on a Florida jury. Folks down there appear to very obliging! If the laundry thing is true (there's no reason to doubt it, he said it himself), what the heck else went on inside this jury?

14. Schu7

Schu7 New Member

Mr. foreman taught them money laundering. As in - NG = $$$$

He got that wrong also.

15. Intermezzo

Intermezzo Well-Known Member

Neither did I... doing the laundry of a man you just recently met that was serving on the same jury as you was,ummmm, nice. I guess :waitasec:

16. AngelWings444

AngelWings444 New Member

Neither did I. For some reason, this makes my stomach turn! Disgusting. :sick: "Something" went horribly wrong.

17. RR0004

RR0004 New Member

The verdict still makes me cry. Caylee deserved so much better. I don't doubt that JA will talk of his feelings...what trying the case really meant to him. I look forward to him sharing his feelings.

18. PeteJ

PeteJ New Member

If we cannot rely on a jury to follow the evidence and make a rational decision based on it, what have we got? Twelve people who can make up whatever conclusion they want? This time it was in the favor of the defendent but next time it might be as irrationally against and that should frighten all of us.

19. PeteyGirl

PeteyGirl New Member

YES!!! Amen!! It frightens me, too.

I've read quite a few very moving posts about folks being unhappy with the jury bashing that has gone on. I see the problem as being a major misunderstanding and misapplication of what is considered RELEVANT evidence.

As it stands, 12 people can indeed make up whatever conclusion they want. And now and then, they will get it wrong.

What I wonder is if the Pinellas 12 had thoroughly understood the relevance of circumstantial evidence, would they have rendered the same verdict?

20. Kavya01

Kavya01 Well-Known Member

This!!! Is what should be DRILLED into any jurors' heads, at the start and during the trial it needs to be repeated to them, and it should be THE MAIN POINT in Jury instructions before they go into deliberations.

That way the Pinellas Twelve could not have hidden behind the "we were never given a smoking gun" excuse!!!!!!

Too late for Caylee, but it should certainly be done in any next court case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.