Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #155 *Richard Allen Arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because in 99% (my estimate) of arrests, the arrest warrant is public knowledge. In this case, it is sealed. Presumable for a valid reason, but we don't know that. The arrest warrant was signed, and it was sealed, by a very nervous judge Diener who wrote some very strange things (he said there was a "public bloodlust for information" and a "toxic and harmful insistence on ‘public information’ about Defendant and this case.” in the documents transferring RA from Delphi custody. Then Judge Diener recused himself from the case. Quite unusual in my opinion. And meanwhile, in a potential death penalty case, the defendant sits in isolation, harassed by other prisoners, without an attorney. I think it there is valid cause for concern. MOO

I am a UK’er so I have completely different mindset because we don’t get this information so of course my opinion will always be different because it’s a vastly different system.

He is in isolation to protect himself as he was the one who has been charged with killing two teenagers. That’s his own doing and nobody else’s.

He wanted private legal counsel and has now had to backtrack and ask for a public one which again is his own doing due to the choices he made.

This is all on him and nobody else can be blamed.

The documents were sealed to protect the case so I don’t understand the mentality of wanting to jeopardize the case by demanding the public is told what’s in it. I can not wrap my head around wanting to jeopardise a case where two young girls were brutally murdered.

Why is there no faith in the legal process?

Last edited:
I wonder if they made a map, who was where around that bridge, at what time, and either RA’s testimony varied from the reality (if he was seen by a witness, he might have slightly moved time/place, to avoid being shown to her). Either this later was found out, just randomly, or by his cellphone data…

Or the cellphone. He might have said he left his cellphone at home because it was a walk, and later, if he was in a group, someone remembered him having a cellphone, or the mere absence of a cellphone looked suspicious. In my case it would )).
RI said he thinks someone who did something so strange and terrible would likely want to tell someone about it. The FBI agent in the RL affidavit says someone who commits this kind of crime often does something to memorialize it, like take photos for later viewing or copying.

So, I think it's possible there is one or more shared image(s) of the CS floating around the digital world. Perhaps the physical source device of that photo has been unknown. It's possible, in this scenario, that KAK had possession of that image(s), having gotten it through his a_shots account, Dropbox link, or whatever, but didn't know the actual source, either. Maybe the recent Yellow ask led to tips about another online username, and the subpoenas for that username lead to an IP address associated with RA. Maybe RA did have his cell phone on him that day and LE was able to trace that username to his device, which was ultimately discovered to be the physical source device for the image(s).

Or not. Who knows. That's my fairytale for the day... :)

Last edited:
MOO No middle class person has the resources to defend themselves in a homicide case let alone a double homicide.
And the public defender is so necessary otherwise the DA wins conviction whether just no there is no one to question the evidence.

MOO Sealing is such a double edged sword.

British justice was run this way when the US broke away, an arrest simply meant the gallows as no person of modest means could defend themselves.

All such cases, wilderness, no witnesses to crime, bodies found the next day (possibly, no DNA), are very hard to solve. Look at Debbie Collins case. They may never have the answers. No cameras, no witnesses.

How many people disappear in large cities? What is the percentage of cold cases? Even if LE were on a wild goose chase initially, they got their man. They solved several cases in the process. It is on a different level now. DC doesn’t need to give funny interviews to relatives, he is the head of the department that delivered. Big time.

For all these years, it was victims’ time. Now, it is DC’s time, like Paul Holes had his. All now looks different. DC has to make the most of it, and it means, going strictly by the book. No IE will come to defend RA because defending men who killed wives is one thing, but men who kill children is something else. I wonder if Indiana had to appoint the best lawyer they have, because it will be his/her time, too. JMO.

Good luck to them! We all make mistakes or simply don’t know what we are seeing, or maybe what we are seeing doesn’t have a name, of got a name a year ago. Everyone learns on mistakes, too. As long as ISP delivered…

Last edited:
I wonder if they decided to go against the original YBG sketch at first because he did come forward and they thought he was that sketch and he went along with the OBG sketch. Then the 2019 PC was pretty much them knowing it was him and directed all their comments and change in direction towards him, and went back to that YBG sketch that they disregarded as him.
I’ve been thinking about that too, whether RA had reappeared on LE‘s radar when they changed direction in 2019. Carter seemed angry that day - “We believe you are hiding in plain sight.”

The “Guys” part of the “down the hill” audio was also released at the 2019 PC. I haven‘t heard a clear enough audio of RA’s voice to tell, but perhaps the “Guys” portion is more representative of his day-to-day voice.

jmo

I’ve been thinking about that too, whether RA had reappeared on LE‘s radar when they changed direction in 2019. Carter seemed angry that day - “We believe you are hiding in plain sight.”

The “Guys” part of the “down the hill” audio was also released at the 2019 PC. I haven‘t heard a clear enough audio of RA’s voice to tell, but perhaps the “Guys” portion is more representative of his day-to-day voice.

jmo

MS interviewed RA’s schoolmate yesterday, and she said that RA had a characteristic voice which had either poor prosody or was monotone…slightly devoid of emotions, I thought. If so, it can be heard by people who knew him, and in a longer excerpt. But to me, it sounded like a typical Midwestern voice of a not so young guy, who either has cold, or is drinking and smoking too much. (Although the man I used to know, from the state close to Indiana, had the same bland voice, so I can imagine what they all heard).

I’m starting to have some concerns. When will RA be appointed counsel (assuming that it is found that he does not have the funds to mount a defense)? Will we hear anything from his attorney once he has time to review the PC doc? I know that we as the public are owed zero details. It’s a lot to think that someone just went back into the files and found something that no one else saw, and this brought them to where we are now. Is there adequate evidence that would convince a jury that they have their killer? I just hope that whatever they have, it’s enough, and I want someone other than a judge and LE to agree with that. I’d like an opposing viewpoint to be able to review.

As their was so much riding on this arrest, the pressure was sort of off LE since it had been almost 6 years since it occurred and since LE worked so closely with the prosecutor prior to the arrest.... I truly believe they have all their ducks in a row and have multiple direct proof of RA's guilt.

They got their man and have proof or they wouldn't have arrested him.

We as humans, left with no facts, just gravitate to the negative and doubt.

Someday we will see the arrest warrant and we will breathe a sigh of relief that there is more than enough proof.

jmo
MOO
3 1/2 years is a long time to be trailing a suspect.
MOO still I think they had a dirty dozen they were following but they were interested in KAKs activity sphere the most.
A recent break of some type got them to the probable cause.
Hope RA hasn’t murdered someone else that no one connected with Delphi in the meantime.

The reason it is sealed might have more to do with the girls, why they ended up on the bridge, and the scene of the crime. The LE might be “protecting” something most of us might understand. JMO. Even if the girls went to the bridge for the reason that is too teenager-y (most teenagers are not perfect and it is normal), maybe LE with their old-way mentality thinks they would be less of victims? LEO are 100% wrong, but I wonder if it is DC’s old ways and old thinking. (We all shall understand! Teenagers! Busy parents! We all missed something in our kids’ lives! It doesn’t allow some sickos to take advantage of our kids!). MOO.
Could be so. I was watching this video of an interview with DC, and at 6:00 Carter says he would not discuss what else was on the video, as he was not going to explain the intricate details of the deaths of Abby and Libby. And that one day he would have to, and “that will create a whole other set of issues with family and friends and the community and the like.”

I have faith in the legal process. People who are drawn to message boards on crime like this are different. In general, they are overly fixated on crime/murder/justice and do not represent the average American.

We are an odd lot... but most on here are mostly just in denial that they really deep down just want to solve the crime for themselves. You've got to look at yourself objectively to see your own faults. Most here do not do that.
LOL

Yes armchair sleuths are never gonna solve these things because we know about 1% of the information. 150 threads and he was never on anybody’s radar and even now somebody has been charged you still get some wanting a conspiracy with other players. I do like the community on it here though and it’s good to talk real crime with people.

Moo

This link shows a different middle initial so I don’t think it pertains to RMA, the suspect in the murders.
This is what it says:
“March 10, 6:44 p.m. – Theft, 12216W. CR1250N., Monticello (near Tioga Bridge). Rick Allen reported the theft of construction tools from the location. K-9 Deputy Drew Yoder investigated.”

I don’t see the middle initial that you speak of. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Does anybody else think it odd that in the MS podcast when talking about the information that was looked at again that led to RA, that MS refers to the person who found that info as “someone connected to the investigation” and “someone affiliated with the investigation” and “someone associated with the investigation”. Why not just say it was an investigator…unless it wasn’t.
I don’t usually pay much attention to how things are worded but this jumped out at me and I thought it was weird.
At CrimeCon this year in Feb. HLN SH had Paul H and Abby's Mom, and Libby's family member on a panel talking about the case. PH expressed that he would really love to able to have access to the case file, because he'd like to do study on the crime scene and the interviews in particular.

It wouldn't surprise me a bit if he didn't reach out directly to ISP DC and offer his opinion. I have a lot of respect for PH. He even mentioned that he had the GSK wrong and why it was so important to not make a case 'fit' your suspect.

MOO

Could be so. I was watching this video of an interview with DC, and at 6:00 Carter says he would not discuss what else was on the video, as he was not going to explain the intricate details of the deaths of Abby and Libby. And that one day he would have to, and “that will create a whole other set of issues with family and friends and the community and the like.”

That is the thing…he believes we might think less of Abby and Libby if we know the truth. His children are probably much older…OMG, I remember all the problems we went through raising our kids. An intact family, no drinking or drugs, both working, nice neighborhood. Still, kids went through their share of “behaviors”.

In fact, it is considered normal if teenagers have some issues. For example, experimentation with marijuana. “Stoners” are extreme, but never trying is an indication of no peers around to offer. Just one situation when “average behavior” is not what parents or community might like. The same with everything else. (I have to put it here just in case someone ever decides to judge teenagers too harshly, we have many “Negative Nancies” in the world.)

Just because kids are not growing “by the book” says nothing bad about them. Adults who take advantage of them are fully guilty because they understand what they are doing.

Comic books? Graphic novels? His own journals or sketch books? Ledgers of accounts? We have no idea or if they’re even relevant.

When is the hearing on whether or not to make to PC public?
I would love to see his journals or sketch books if he had them. I don't think LE would take them if they didn't have something pertaining to the case, why would they?

Nov 22nd is the hearing date.

MOO

I am a UK’er so I have completely different mindset because we don’t get this information so of course my opinion will always be different because it’s a vastly different system.

He is in isolation to protect himself as he was the one who has been charged with killing two teenagers. That’s his own doing and nobody else’s.

He wanted private legal counsel and has now had to backtrack and ask for a public one which again is his own doing due to the choices he made.

This is all on him and nobody else can be blamed.

The documents were sealed to protect the case so I don’t understand the mentality of wanting to jeopardize the case by demanding the public is told what’s in it. I can not wrap my head around wanting to jeopardise a case where two young girls were brutally murdered.

Why is there no faith in the legal process?
No faith in it for me because of what happened in the Paul Bernardo and Karla Holmolka trials. If you’re not familiar Google these two then consider that the Female claimed spousal abuse and got off with a mere 12yr sentence, went on to remarry her defence counsel’s brother, have kids and then volunteered in their school until parents protested.

This is what it says:
“March 10, 6:44 p.m. – Theft, 12216W. CR1250N., Monticello (near Tioga Bridge). Rick Allen reported the theft of construction tools from the location. K-9 Deputy Drew Yoder investigated.”

I don’t see the middle initial that you speak of. Please correct me if I’m wrong.
Last entry in your link pertains to an RA with a different middle initial. I can’t say for sure the first RA in your link is not our suspect but he wasn’t living in that area at the time that I know of so it’s possible it’s about someone else with the same unfortunate name.

No faith in it for me because of what happened in the Paul Bernardo and Karla Holmolka trials. If you’re not familiar Google these two then consider that the Female claimed spousal abuse and got off with a mere 12yr sentence, went on to remarry her defence counsel’s brother, have kids and then volunteered in their school until parents protested.
That case is Canadian, not American. Unfortunately Paul’s Attorney had the videotapes showing that Karla participated actively in the crimes - and he didn’t turn them over for months!! - so they needed Karla’s testimony. The deal was struck before they got the videotapes and it was too late to change the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam