Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #155 *Richard Allen Arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't understand how he didn't run, unless the search warrant was 'vanilla'.

Even if he didn’t read a word of the warrant… he knows what he did* & what sort of charges he’ll be facing. He doesn’t need to see what they’ve already figured out in order to know what’s ahead of him! So so bizarre.

I’d have thought he’d run too, but gotta figure LE was watching & he wouldn’t get anywhere… surely they could at least get that right. But he could’ve ended his own life in those 10 days & I’m surprised he doesn’t seem to have tried.

* Errrr … I think he knows what he did? He kinda seems sunk deep in denial, but can it possibly go that deep???

Even if he didn’t read a word of the warrant… he knows what he did* & what sort of charges he’ll be facing. He doesn’t need to see what they’ve already figured out in order to know what’s ahead of him! So so bizarre.

I’d have thought he’d run too, but gotta figure LE was watching & he wouldn’t get anywhere… surely they could at least get that right. But he could’ve ended his own life in those 10 days & I’m surprised he doesn’t seem to have tried.

* Errrr … I think he knows what he did? He kinda seems sunk deep in denial, but can it possibly go that deep???

He got caught and he knows he's screwed.

And that's a good thing!

A procedural question relating to counsel

Surely on arrest, police would wish to interrogate.

Would counsel not have to be present for that? I understand that in the US he can just refuse to say anything ...
From what I know, once the suspect requests legal counsel, LE can no longer question the suspect.

I can't understand how he didn't run, unless the search warrant was 'vanilla'.

The fact the arrest wasn't instant off the back of the search warrant makes me think whatever was the 'gotcha' was either electronic and needed digital forensics, DNA match or similar. And that there was no literal smoking gun. Potentially he might not have known the extent of what's possible with digital forensics, or the possibility for DNA or something didn't click in his head.

Just me speculating.

Since he has been moved to a federal correctional jail could he also have federal charges we don’t know about. Could those charges have no bail thus answering the question of 20 million bail but no bail.

I am almost positive that that can't happen (legally) in the u.s.

Will you share that ss please?

Why are they still saying no bond? They've had plenty of time to fix it in the system so someone isn't being forthcoming
EDITOR’S NOTE: Despite court records showing a judge issuing a $20 million bond for Richard Allen, both Carroll County sheriff and prosecutor state that no bond has been issued for Allen. No answer has been given as to why records show a bond being filed.

Since he has been moved to a federal correctional jail could he also have federal charges we don’t know about. Could those charges have no bail thus answering the question of 20 million bail but no bail.
The links to articles fly by so fast it's hard to keep track, but I believe I read he was moved to a different, undisclosed facility exlusively for his own protection.

I am almost positive that that can't happen (legally) in the u.s.

Will you share that ss please?

Why are they still saying no bond? They've had plenty of time to fix it in the system so someone isn't being forthcoming

This post shows the 20 million. But Angela Ganote is saying that's wrong.

I just now grabbed this off of mycase.in.gov

Attachments

• 20221108_100304.jpg
    20221108_100304.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 35
IDOC stands for Indiana Department of Corrections, not federal custody. Unless you know something we don't, in which case please share.

Imo, i think of there had been a match to any other crime, we'd be getting hints at it now. Especially if it's in another jurisdiction.
Not yet. Investigations take time. No one is charged with a crime simply on the basis of a CODIS hit. That would just be the very first step in a thorough investigation before charges are brought.

When he was initially arrested, there was an error entered into the system about his alleged alias. It took several days before they edited that, and got rid of it.

Then they say he's been moved to an undisclosed location, but yesterday on the Indiana Dept. of Corrections, it took me 2 seconds to locate his inmate info, which included the location he's being held at, DOC inmate number, height, weight, hair & eye color, etc. By the end of the day, they had already removed that info.

I'm not so sure it's someone not being forthcoming as it might be incorrect info entered into the system? Just guessing, since it's already happened twice.

When he was initially arrested, there was an error entered into the system about his alleged alias. It took several days before they edited that, and got rid of it.

Then they say he's been moved to an undisclosed location, but yesterday on the Indiana Dept. of Corrections, it took me 2 seconds to locate his inmate info, which included the location he's being held at, DOC inmate number, height, weight, hair & eye color, etc. By the end of the day, they had already removed that info.

I'm not so sure it's someone not being forthcoming as it might be incorrect info entered into the system? Just guessing, since it's already happened twice.

Wait, was it determined that the alias was just an error??? Sorry I missed that -

Well then, that's disturbing because it stands to reason more than one person inputted incorrect info. JMO

The fact the arrest wasn't instant off the back of the search warrant makes me think whatever was the 'gotcha' was either electronic and needed digital forensics, DNA match or similar. And that there was no literal smoking gun. Potentially he might not have known the extent of what's possible with digital forensics, or the possibility for DNA or something didn't click in his head.

Just me speculating.
I have a question for you. If you had done something very bad and LE arrived with a search warrant, what would you think? What would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong