Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #155 *Richard Allen Arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else find it odd that NO ONE is taking up for RA? If his arrest came out of the blue, I would expect his wife and or daughter to be publicly pleading for his innocence and expressing shock. Even friends or other family. Am I missing those reports? If his close family bailed on him so soon it's pretty clear LE has solid proof.

Even the judge's family were being targeted by those who weren't happy with how RA's arrest was being handled, so much so that their safety was at risk, so I doubt that RA's family or friends would put themselves out there and risk their own safety and that of their own family.

I don't know what to make of MS and their "source." First we heard how KAK had fooled LE into thinking he was in Vegas on Feb. 13 by posting false stuff on Facebook, even though we know in his 2/25/17 polygraph that he told LE he was at his grandparents, and his Facebook posts didn't happen until May 2020. Then we hear that KAK was taken into custody before the Wabash search and it was likely related to Delphi. Was KAK lying again, since now we are hearing RA is unrelated? The things their "source" tells them sound legitimate enough, but not everything seems to jive. JMO.

I don't know what to make of MS and their "source." First we heard how KAK had fooled LE into thinking he was in Vegas on Feb. 13 by posting false stuff on Facebook, even though we know in his 2/25/17 polygraph that he told LE he was at his grandparents, and his Facebook posts didn't happen until May 2020. Then we hear that KAK was taken into custody before the Wabash search and it was likely related to Delphi. Was KAK lying again, since now we are hearing RA is unrelated? The things their "source" tells them sound legitimate enough, but not everything seems to jive. JMO.
I find it's usually best to ignore information from "sources" until I know who those sources are and hear their statements for myself. "Someone told me xyz" is rumor in my view and not generally helpful in any meaningful way. My opinion only.

I listened to most of this episode of the Murder Sheet, and they are saying they have a source from inside the investigation. At about 25 minutes into the podcast, they say their source told them that the reason the investigators focused back on Richard Allen is not because of a tip from his wife, or a tip from anyone, but because of Allen's original interview, when he went to the police and told them that he was on the paths that day the girls were murdered. The police, much later on, circled back to those interview notes, and someone decided after reviewing the interview notes, that they should follow-up on something Allen said, and it was that follow up that put Rick Allen onto LE's radar and resulted in his arrest.

So if this is true, then Allen has only himself to blame for his arrest.
That's not what they said. They said no family member or friend put in a tip. They said investigators were reviewing old tips, came upon a tip and then came upon a file/document that was related to RA and decided it needed further looking into. That file/document could very well be the original interview but that's not what they said on their latest podcast. I just listened to it multiple times to confirm.

They've explained their process. Information that they have released from their unnamed sources is only released when they can confirm it with a second source. LE often is investigating more than one avenue at a time. And if KAK isn't connected, they still should eliminate him as the killer in order to do a full investigation- because no matter if there's a connection to the murder or not, he was in contact with LG under false pretenses around the time of the murders.

DC also told them in a brief interview they did with him after the announcement of the arrest "thank you for keeping your word." I know DC is a very outwardly seemingly nice guy, but I don't think he's going to thank anyone who's spreading misinformation.

Last edited:
I have a link to stolen tools that RA reported but it wasn’t from a neighbors house.

Almost like a joke, “whether Richard Allen stole or someone stole from Richard Allen, but something, somehow somewhere was stolen”.

ETA: and seriously, I think it is a complex situation, where, as it often happens, several leads might have crossed, and put RA in the crosshairs of investigation (no pun intended, I simply can’t find a better word). We shall never know who submitted the tip. JMO - it is not old. One thing is obvious, though, the level of fear is huge in Delphi. The locals are afraid, the judge, maybe even LE. There is something dark, macabre in the story, the details of which are so well-hidden.

I sometimes even think, RL…what if he walked out and saw something so horrifying that he decided to leave his house? Being drunk, risking DUI - he decided to drive away, to hide? Not to ever be a witness? (In this case, likely, RA was not acting alone).

Last edited:
They've explained their process. Information that they have released from their unnamed sources is only released when they can confirm it with a second source. LE often is investigating more than one avenue at a time. And if KAK isn't connected, they still should eliminate him as the killer in order to do a full investigation- because no matter if there's a connection to the murder or not, he was in contact with LG under false pretenses around the time of the murders.

DC also told them in a brief interview they did with him after the announcement of the arrest "thank you for keeping your word." I know DC is a very outwardly seemingly nice guy, but I don't think he's going to thank anyone who's spreading misinformation.
This may be off-topic, but I feel out of my depth on so much in this case, such as how people are profiling RA as a serial killer or as NOT a fit for serial killing. I googled for best books in serial killers and there are a lot. I don’t want to read a biography of one killer (or a bunch of books on them). Is there one book that is a good primer on serial killers but is also written for people who may not have advanced knowledge of psychology/psychiatry/criminology?

This may be off-topic, but I feel out of my depth on so much in this case, such as how people are profiling RA as a serial killer or as NOT a fit for serial killing. I googled for best books in serial killers and there are a lot. I don’t want to read a biography of one killer (or a bunch of books on them). Is there one book that is a good primer on serial killers but is also written for people who may not have advanced knowledge of psychology/psychiatry/criminology?
You’re not out of your depth; the general public knows next to nothing about RA. For all we know, he’s an innocent man and ISP screwed up royally. Yet, some personalities want to pretend like they have some special insight regarding a person they’ve never even seen in real life. Don’t sweat it, and take the YouTube commentaries about RA or his personality with a grain of salt.

JMO

Complete speculation. He posted a photo from MHB back in June. MS and Fox59 say that someone “associated with the case” (careful to not call them an investigator or detective) was reviewing old evidence over the summer and came across the tip. Then PH makes the post about someone going to jail in early October just a few days before the search warrant happened.
Wow, what an absolute beast if he helped solve this too. Verrryyy interesting, thanks for your reply!

I liked Scott Bonn’s “Why we love serial killers”

If KAK could be cleared of involvement in the murders, it would also take one less candidate off the table for the inevitable SODDI defense.

jmo

This is how I see RA, since his arrest :
There's the possibility that RA is going to go into full psychotic mode and claim any manner of 'illnesses', and I wouldn't put it past him to feign mental disability, that he may or may not have.
Cunning and a chameleon is how I'm observing RA at this time.

Evil for sure, but not necessarily mentally ill or sick, as far as incapable of knowing right from wrong.
He took steps to cover his alleged actions up.
Possibly 'sick' as far as consumed with guilt, to where it affects his countenance or actions ?

If this is his plan to plead mental illness, it could be a fabrication, imo, as there are many who are truly suffering from mental issues like depression and/or disconnection from reality -- and have still chosen to not harm a fly.

I think RA is capable of functioning normally and understands what he's accused of doing ?

What was RA like, before his arrest ?
Did he work, pay his bills, go out to eat/mingle, take care of his family in a normal manner ?

But now he can't communicate without appearing disjointed or disconnected from reality, or communicate properly via phone or interview ?
This is speculation .... as I don't know if he's contacted representation yet.
He could be working an a mental or physical illness defense.

If this is what's happening, I hope the prosecution points out that he evaded justice for years and appeared to be functioning normally during that time !
M00.

I don’t know about his mental condition. If he has one, and statistically, why not? - quite plausible- it would probably be something garden-variety that people easily get treatment for nowadays. (Obviously, gainful employment, family, pool, no legal involvement, so, nothing debilitating). Maybe years of drinking can add to it, but frankly, no one told us about this part of his history, it is a quilt of stories. I am always wondering if certain physical conditions can mask as mental, but again, we are not sure of anything in his case.

I wonder why he didn’t kill himself in between the house search and the arrest? To spare his family fear and humiliation? Leaving a note, of course. Maybe RA was in some denial? And the arrest, perhaps, was source of such fear and demoralization, that initially, he didn’t even want to fight. Just lying in bed, in a fetal position, don’t bother me, I don’t care, waive counsel.

Later, jail also has life…and court is a long thing. I think he started looking for ways to save himself, and hence, this letter.

InterestIngly, he did not think this scenario over. Had no plan. Which makes me wonder, do LE have their man? That BG I imagined should have some lawyers lined up. Maybe he did, but really was unaware of their cost?

I don’t know about his mental condition. If he has one, and statistically, why not? - quite plausible- it would probably be something garden-variety that people easily get treatment for nowadays. (Obviously, gainful employment, family, pool, no legal involvement, so, nothing debilitating). Maybe years of drinking can add to it, but frankly, no one told us about this part of his history, it is a quilt of stories. I am always wondering if certain physical conditions can mask as mental, but again, we are not sure of anything in his case.

I wonder why he didn’t kill himself in between the house search and the arrest? To spare his family fear and humiliation? Leaving a note, of course. Maybe RA was in some denial? And the arrest, perhaps, was source of such fear and demoralization, that initially, he didn’t even want to fight. Just lying in bed, in a fetal position, don’t bother me, I don’t care, waive counsel.

Later, jail also has life…and court is a long thing. I think he started looking for ways to save himself, and hence, this letter.

InterestIngly, he did not think this scenario over. Had no plan. Which makes me wonder, do LE have their man? That BG I imagined should have some lawyers lined up. Maybe he did, but really was unaware of their cost?
bbm
Something to ponder ... I like to assume LE have good evidence.
I'm not opposed to the idea he had some form of help after the fact.

Would he sell his house and most of his belongings to procure a pricey lawyer ?
We'll see.
Or a legal counsel who would step in pro bono ?
Maybe, and maybe not.
This case seems big to me, but it's not as big as some cases have been.

Actually now that I think about it, he can't sell anything from inside jail, not even online; and his family would have to step in.
Somehow I doubt he'll wind up with anything except a public defender.
More problems for RA.
But he has ample time to think it over right now.
M00.

Good point. Staff talking to RA would cross professional boundaries, and the stakes in this high-profile case are too high to risk any off-the-record discussion with him.

Aside from that, we simply don’t know if he’s talked to his wife directly, or if she has really left town and her job.

If I were in her shoes, I know I would leave, file for immediate divorce, sell the house, have his share of the assets released to him towards legal fees, change my name, and move on.

If he is innocent, they can always reunite in the future. But unless a new suspect suddenly turns up and RA is totally exonerated, I doubt either RA or his wife will ever return to living in Delphi.

jmo

Right. The stakes are higher than Monon Bridge. They reach the Blood Moon. Prosecution must be in tippy top shape.

Surely, RA is awarded a phone call per day or on weekends. I haven't taken the time to exam the jail/prison regulations and perks because we've had several suspects that didn't pan out over the past 5.5 years! Remember DanielNations? And JamesChadwell? Then, KAK. Now there's RA. He was in plain sight. Sheriff Tobe stated he visited the CVS and found RA to be so very helpful. Don't you know that felt amazing for the Sheriff after all of this time while knowing what he knew?

KA is the one who needs a lawyer and you're right. Get a divorce now. Sadly after 30 years. Crushing. Sell the house then purchase or lease a smaller place wherever she pleases. Legally, I'm not sure how much of their finances she can keep with these circumstances but with a lawyer working on her behalf, she'll be fine. She has skills for a job anywhere in the world.

I'd grab my daughter and go live off the grid in Hawaii at least for a couple of years or until this dark storm passes. Do some snorkeling, diving and dining.

If there are others arrested because of their participation in the brutal slaying of these lovely young children,then Stack em! Cuffem. Haul them all in. Carter said no one has been cleared. The Patty's (and sweet Anna) want everyone who may have contributed to their girls' deaths to be caught and placed behind bars. So do we.

Back to RA, he and his wife had 12 hours together while at their vehicle as their home was being searched. O, to be a fly. For all we know though, she and others may stand by his side until the end. Doubt it. Where's that Search Warrant? Authorities got some good stuff: Macy's bag - was this in the house or shed?, shoe box - was this in his closet?, what was buried in the soil? A CS Souvenir?, the stack of thin books - he reads but wonder why we're told such a specific size: thin books? and what else? He must collect thin books. Which books could those be?

Whew. When this is finished, we should all meet in Indiana and share a Cheers!

The contents of this post contains simple musings of my own and some opinions based on p experience and knowledge of this case.

I'm just curious as to why you think the authorities have been investigating him for months. I got the feeling that he pretty much came out of nowhere.

Not attempting to answer for @monkey222 but It is my understanding, correct me if it's wrong, that this arrest of RA came directly as a result of a tip. Someone, an investigator, was going back through all of the 75,000 tips to revisit them. It was one tip out off 70K - 75K! Over 600 tips came in since the arrest, right?

This dude wanted to know what LEO knew. He confessed told proper authorities that he was at Monon Trails walking near the time of their killings. Poor babies.

If true, the Tipster earned the reward. :clap clap: Libby is the Hero! None of us would likely have a clue what characteristics to place on BG without her phone's footage. That short amount of recording of this most horrific event has a sketch, or two, to go with it. It's made all of the difference. That's powerful evidence.

mhoo vhoo

bbm
Something to ponder ... I like to assume LE have good evidence.
I'm not opposed to the idea he had some form of help after the fact.

Would he sell his house and most of his belongings to procure a pricey lawyer ?
We'll see.
Or a legal counsel who would step in pro bono ?
Maybe, and maybe not.
This case seems big to me, but it's not as big as some cases have been.

Actually now that I think about it, he can't sell anything from inside jail, not even online; and his family would have to step in.
Somehow I doubt he'll wind up with anything except a public defender.
More problems for RA.
But he has ample time to think it over right now.
M00.

One wonders… in fact, this case became big not without direct involvement of DC and ISP. Perhaps more business-like people would have been more demure. (To me, Weld County DA Michael Rourke in Chris Watts’ case seemed the epitome of professionalism, but it catapulted him nowhere, although he is still widely respected, hardworking DA, as it seems.)

I was thinking today, kudos to DC, whose eccentricity made a tiny rural county in American heartland so well-known.

If they want to keep the case as high profile as it used to be, they probably should nominate a well-known and a darn good attorney as public defender. Also eccentric, dramatic, histrionic, sort of a Hoosier Kardashian. That will really attract attention to the case.

JMO. Self-promotion works well for this country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth