Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #155 *Richard Allen Arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think we have a supported link that says the stolen tools were taken from him. MOO.
But I may be wrong.
There was a supporting link and I believe I poopooed that in my post linked below. At least in my mind I poopooed that. lol

MOO
3 1/2 years is a long time to be trailing a suspect.
MOO still I think they had a dirty dozen they were following but they were interested in KAKs activity sphere the most.
A recent break of some type got them to the probable cause.
Hope RA hasn’t murdered someone else that no one connected with Delphi in the meantime.
It's a long time to trail a suspect, but there have been many other cases where LE 'knew' who did it, but did not have the evidence, and it was 5, 10, even 20 years later for an arrest.

I would almost guarantee that have looked at RA's entire life where he lived, vacationed, travel, etc. to see if there were any other possible assaults or homicides he's committed, especially once he was a arrested and they had a good DNA sample.

MOO

I’ve been thinking about that too, whether RA had reappeared on LE‘s radar when they changed direction in 2019. Carter seemed angry that day - “We believe you are hiding in plain sight.”

The “Guys” part of the “down the hill” audio was also released at the 2019 PC. I haven‘t heard a clear enough audio of RA’s voice to tell, but perhaps the “Guys” portion is more representative of his day-to-day voice.

jmo
makes me wonder if he came forward that day, but they never took his info, and then later looked at a statement and were like....who was this guy??

Totally made up scenario by me, only.

My wish list of published documents:

• The Bicycle Bridge Road search affidavit
  • Nov. 2021 Peru house search affidavit
  • Is there a warrant related to the Wabash search?
  • RA's search affidavit
  • RA's arrest PC
It's not a document per se... but I'd like to add to your list the ability to hear the entire 43 second DTH recording.

It's not a document per se... but I'd like to add to your list the ability to hear the entire 43 second DTH recording.
I totally understand that. For me, it's easier to read something than to hear the girls' voices, knowing what is about to happen. If I was an investigator, I'd listen, but as an outsider, I would rather not. :(

I just listened to the latest MS Pod. They mention that its possible RA came forward himself to police originally as a witness. Then you have DC in the one press conference commenting that "we may have even talked to you before".

Imagine RA was the one who gave the witness information for the sketch?

There is a known phenomenon where people who give fake witness accounts end up making the person they claim to have seen look like themselves, without even realizing it.
Add to this scenario( RA was the one who gave sketch info) that they specified that the BG did NOT have blue eyes. RA does. Perhaps RA was trying to throw them off a bit with this info.
Speculation/moo

<snip.

Why is there no faith in the legal process?

Why is there no faith in the legal process? IMO, because the legal process is run by the government and many people do not trust the government. There is no faith in the legal process because law enforcement can confiscate the assets of people they arrest with little recourse, which is monstrously unfair. There is no faith in the legal process because OJ Simpson and Casey Anthony were acquitted of murder when most people believed they were guilty. Just a few examples, and all this is just my opinion.

Last edited:
Because in 99% (my estimate) of arrests, the arrest warrant is public knowledge. In this case, it is sealed. Presumable for a valid reason, but we don't know that. The arrest warrant was signed, and it was sealed, by a very nervous judge Diener who wrote some very strange things (he said there was a "public bloodlust for information" and a "toxic and harmful insistence on ‘public information’ about Defendant and this case.” in the documents transferring RA from Delphi custody. Then Judge Diener recused himself from the case. Quite unusual in my opinion. And meanwhile, in a potential death penalty case, the defendant sits in isolation, harassed by other prisoners, without an attorney. I think it there is valid cause for concern. MOO

Is he in isolation or is he being harassed by other prisoners?
That was a rumor. That came from someone in prison. Probably not the most valid source of information. (not that staff leaking that info is any more valid, imo)

Miranda rights inform the arrested person about their rights including the right to an attorney and will give them one if they ask for one. LE cannot force an inmate to use a public defender if the inmate indicates he/she will get private counsel. This is this inmate's fault that he currently has no lawyer. IMO, he is using this as a delaying tactic. He is playing people when he claims he did not know how much it would cost just to talk to someone. I mean this is only a major case talked about all over the country. I do not think they will give him any info before he has a lawyer with him. He knows what happened. Also, if it is a DP case, the judge will enter a plea of "not guilty."

Agreed

Nothing is secret from the accused - only us.

The accused has the safeguard of the judiciary and his own representation (when he finally gets round to availing himself).

Why is there no faith in the legal process? IMO, because the legal process is run by the government and many people do not trust the government. There is no faith in the legal process because law enforcement can confiscate the assets of people they arrest with little recourse, which is monstrously unfair. There is no faith in the legal process because OJ Simpson and Casey Anthony were acquitted of murder when most people believed they were guilty. Just a few examples, and all this is just my opinion.

Yes. And add to that the slew of innocent people who have been exonerated and released from prison, some after being incarcerated for decades. 241 people have been exonerated by the Innocence Project alone for a host of reasons including eyewitness misidentification, misapplied forensic data, involved informants, coerced confessions. It goes on and on. Most recently NY agreed to pay $26 million to the two men wrongly convicted of assassinating Malcolm X, after they'd spent 20 years in prison.

It’s seems kind of shocking that an accused person can be locked up in a possible death penalty case without an attorney representing him for almost a month. Even if he said he would get his own attorney, I think normally a public defender is appointed until that happens (according to Scott Reich of the Crime Talk YouTube/podcast)

I also have a tough time with the government locking up anyone on secret evidence that the public is not allowed to see. I get we don’t need to see all or even most of the evidence, but I would think a minimum to reach probable cause needs to be made public.

MOO
Initially, RA was offered a public defender. He, himself, said 'no thanks, I am retaining a private attorney.'

That was his doing, not the state's. He could have accepted the offer of the public defender but he chose not to.

IMO, he is just deflecting and delaying.

Why is there no faith in the legal process?
RSBM

I’ve worked in the legal system, I’ve seen sentences handed out that people did not deserve. I’ve seen people get a slap on the wrist when they’re such a danger to the general public that prison is the only safe place for them.

Seeing this case play out? I don’t think LE had any idea who killed the girls until very recently. I think they screwed up at the get go for not investigating every person on the trails that day.

They said from the start it was probably a local. There were 2800 people in Delphi in 2017. If you figure 1400 men, 40% from ages 20-50 leaves only 560 potential suspects for the entire town. Narrow that down to men that are below average height? Then narrow that down to who was on the trails that day or even men with no alibi or a weak alibi?

It’s easy to see why people don’t have faith in the justice system.

Miranda rights inform the arrested person about their rights including the right to an attorney and will give them one if they ask for one. LE cannot force an inmate to use a public defender if the inmate indicates he/she will get private counsel. This is this inmate's fault that he currently has no lawyer. IMO, he is using this as a delaying tactic. He is playing people when he claims he did not know how much it would cost just to talk to someone. I mean this is only a major case talked about all over the country. I do not think they will give him any info before he has a lawyer with him. He knows what happened. Also, if it is a DP case, the judge will enter a plea of "not guilty."
Also I don't know any criminal defense attorneys that require a paid consultation. All of the ones I know, even the very good federal ones, offer free consultations. So it sounds like to me he probably spoke to a bunch of different lawyers and once they explained to him that they need a retainer to formally represent him and give him advice, he balked.

RSBM

I’ve worked in the legal system, I’ve seen sentences handed out that people did not deserve. I’ve seen people get a slap on the wrist when they’re such a danger to the general public that prison is the only safe place for them.

Seeing this case play out? I don’t think LE had any idea who killed the girls until very recently. I think they screwed up at the get go for not investigating every person on the trails that day.

They said from the start it was probably a local. There were 2800 people in Delphi in 2017. If you figure 1400 men, 40% from ages 20-50 leaves only 560 potential suspects for the entire town. Narrow that down to men that are below average height? Then narrow that down to who was on the trails that day or even men with no alibi or a weak alibi?

you know I have to disagree..serial killers take forever to find..like Pat Brown says...they are killing strangers and walking away..theres no connection, it's out of the blue...it's random, there is no thread..all the puzzle pieces are black.

more often LE has to wait for the perp to make a mistake...or get a DNA hit in Codis...more than not they don't . so I congratulate them on however this went down. Looks like they have their man. mOO

Ah, I remember, they said that they cleared the source of the video, or something. So he had an alibi…that was very convincing.
ETA: just a thought. Listened to MS podcast today. RA’s wife knew he was investigated as one of the people on the bridge that day, she told some people in Peru, but in a different form. I assume RA told to other people he was on the bridge that day, and was cleared. When lie becomes your reality, you have to remember very well what you said to whom. What if later he accidentally, in a conversation with someone, blew up his own alibi?
When he told investigators he’d been there I wonder if they showed him the images of BG and asked him “Is this you?”
He would have said no, right? Or is it believed they cleared up who BG was (RA) and BG wasn’t the killer? (I don’t think that.)
i also cannot believe wife didn’t recognize BG if indeed BG is RA. MOO. I know loved ones often don’t know but this is a very different situation with images, voice, she knew he was there, and not even disguised IMO.
Sorry, got off track there. My main question here is if they asked him if he was the man in the photo.

RSBM

Agree with every word you’ve said. My problem is that I can’t articulate it better than you so I won’t try.
I just feel something was off about the investigation from the beginning. I don’t need to or want to see the case files or the arrest warrant.
But someone within the LE community, someone with authority to do more, didn’t follow through. It knaws at me because two young teenagers are dead and someone is hiding something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member