Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #157

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing to say all the 15 who submitted tips knew him personally, in fact I‘d strongly lean towards they did not. SM including early threads here were numerous members who were beyond certain that the photo of the man on the bridge was of him, especially after he was interviewed by TV reporters in a blue coat similar to the man in the photo that was already released.

Any search warrant always includes details in the most favourable and even somewhat biased slant by LE because the purpose of that information is so the Judge will approve it. It’s not to be interpreted as evidence of guilt in itself, it’s to legally allow LE to search. And 15 opinions from different people raising concerns does not prove guilt.

JMO
For sure. I was only pointing out that it wasn’t just his ex who thought it could have been him on the bridge. Others called LE as well. Regarding whether they knew him or not I don’t know. I’m not asserting that the warrant makes him guilty. I’m saying only that the police appear to have had a case against him and were allowed a search warrant. If they’d found what they were after then I imagine they’d have collared him.

The presumption of innocence, aka "innocent until proven guilty" is a legal term that applies to everyone going through the criminal justice system.

The same presumption does not apply to the court of public opinion.

Since nothing has been released yet, none of us know what they have on RA but we do know, LE has filed for both search warrants and arrest warrants and both were given. I have no doubt there was substantial cause.

jmo

To be fair, warrant and arrest only have to rise to probable cause standard. So while you can't get a warrant without reasonable justification, the extent to which evidence is tested at this point is low. i.e where the prosecution say in a Affidavit they have X, Y and Z, the Judge accepts that on its face.

It's really not until the bail application or the prelim that we have some idea of the strength IMO

Looking ahead to proper hearings, if we get that far, I'll be interested to what extent the defence intends to make use of alternative suspects as the 'real killer'

We don't know what evidence links RA to the murders, but I suppose hypothetically, catfish guy could generate some reasonable doubt.

I wonder if the nature of charges more reflects the difficulty of ruling out catfish guy i.e at trial the prosecution might find themselves struggling to prove catfish guy was not involved - hence their case being directed towards proving RA was certainly involved in abduction, regardless of whether anyone else was involved?

02c

Looking ahead to proper hearings, if we get that far, I'll be interested to what extent the defence intends to make use of alternative suspects as the 'real killer'

We don't know what evidence links RA to the murders, but I suppose hypothetically, catfish guy could generate some reasonable doubt.

I wonder if the nature of charges more reflects the difficulty of ruling out catfish guy i.e at trial the prosecution might find themselves struggling to prove catfish guy was not involved - hence their case being directed towards proving RA was certainly involved in abduction, regardless of whether anyone else was involved?

02c
I think it is very likely that 'some other guy' defence will be used. Especially reading the RL search warrant.

Wonder what’s so different about the RA probable cause, vs the RL probable cause which they didn’t mind being public:

I can't remember... who first published the RL probable cause? Was it MS, or a MSM source? Why haven't we ever seen the 2017 Peru house search PCA (the one used to get the original search warrant)? Or the Nov. 2021 Peru house "raid" PCA? Or the Bicycle Bridge Road PCA? Or any others, for that matter? There were a lot of search warrants served, according to LE. Why hasn't the media tried to get access to those PCAs, too?

I can imagine they might be worried about defamation claims from linking someone to this crime who LE looked at but then didn’t move forward on … RL is deceased so has no defamation claims … just speculating imo

I can't remember... who first published the RL probable cause? Was it MS, or a MSM source? Why haven't we ever seen the 2017 Peru house search PCA (the one used to get the original search warrant)? Or the Nov. 2021 Peru house "raid" PCA? Or the Bicycle Bridge Road PCA? Or any others, for that matter? There were a lot of search warrants served, according to LE. Why hasn't the media tried to get access to those PCAs, too?
Yeah very pertinent questions. I guess the public naming of RA was a tipping point for the media here?

Short Version of the post below. If you would like to donate to our volunteer moderator staff please do so using one of the places below. Please put "FOR THE MODS" in the description. Thank you.
PayPal
Pay Websleuths.com using PayPal.Me
Venmo name Tricia-Griffith-14
OR
Cash App $tgrif14
Bank to Bank using zelle please use the email address triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
Please be sure to put in the memo "FOR THE MODS"

Hi Everyone,
Forgive me for interrupting but this is important. Please do not post questions about this post on this thread. Go to THIS THREAD to ask questions.

DID YOU KNOW BY THE END OF THE DAY OUR MODS WILL HAVE HANDLED HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS OF ALERTS? YOU WOULD NOT KNOW THIS BECAUSE THAT IS HOW GOOD THE MODS ARE AT THEIR JOBS.

One of the many things I love about Websleuths is we can come on here, discuss true crime, and not have to deal with all the stupid drama and baloney we have to deal with on other platforms. Do you know why? It is the hard work of our wonderful volunteer moderators.

Because of these incredible moderators, you don't see the following, the trolls that constantly try and disrupt. You don't see the newbies who don't know the rules and post a bunch of unproven rumors in cases, You don't see the mean people insulting your posts, you don't see the stupid threats angry people post, and guess what? I could go on and on. In other words, the mods make your experience the best you can find when it comes to discussing true crime.

If you could donate even one dollar that would be great. If half the people that come to Websleuths today donated one dollar we would be able to give the mods a wonderful bonus for all their hard work.

One hundred percent of the money raised goes to the moderators.

If you cannot donate we completely understand. If you could please post a word of thanks to our mods on THIS THREAD that would be wonderful.

If you would like to donate to the moderators at Websleuths.com please do so using one of the places below and be sure and put in the description "FOR THE MODS"
Pay Websleuths.com using PayPal.Me
OR you can use
Venmo name Tricia-Griffith-14
OR
Cash App $tgrif14
Bank to Bank using zelle please use the email address triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
Please be sure to put in the memo "FOR THE MODS"

Websleuths.com will always be free for members. It costs nothing to join and it never will.
If you like to read at Websleuths because of the incredible work of our members please know the reason our members are able to do what they do is because of our dedicated volunteer moderator staff.

This video explains what the moderators do every day to keep Websleuths the most respected true crime discussion forum on the Internet.
Thank you,

Tricia Griffith Owner/Websleuths.com

“Judge still undecided on releasing Delphi murders documents”

WRTV Indianapolis

Thanks! It’s rare at least for me to hear person-on-the-street perspectives like those here. But the title of the report is a bit deceiving, as we didn’t hear word that the judge is actually undecided. I’m left wondering if she has decided or not. I assume there will be at least a few days between her decision and the announcement of it to allow time for the written reasons/documents. Again though, I know nothing about legal work or processes — I know only about communications in my field, which is very different.

I doubt Judge will unseal PCA any time soon; likely reasoning - protecting integrity of investigation.
It is possible RA is mentally immature and his attorneys will build on this theory in defending him.
Just my opinion based on life's experiences and reasoning as we are all at speculation stage now.

I hope the Judge takes her time making a well thought out decision, rather than bowing to public pressure as haste could potentially pose negative consequences (ie mistrial).

Oh Misty, ITA with all u said. But dang, I want to read it NOW lol!

patience is a virtue…..patience is a virtue…..patience is a virtue….

Very sensible to request a change of venue, IMO. As the motion states, Google data suggests half the residents of Delphi have googled "Richard Allen" since his arrest, whereas just 100 miles down the road (Fort Wayne), only 3.8% of residents have.

She has 30 days to decide
I wasn't aware there was a limit?

"The Prosecutors" podcast and another guest attorney they had on who is a defense attorney (none of these attorneys involved in this case obviously) where saying the it was shocking and highly unusual (to them) how far back the bail hearing was set. And they all speculated that it meant the judge was planning to sit on this for as long as possible maybe even up to the Bail hearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave