Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #158

Status
Not open for further replies.
I "like" but don't like this post. I hope you understand this. It's more like I support this post. I just can't bring myself to give it a thumbs up through no fault of anyone here.

*edit - I don't judge or fault others for their reactions. I was going to "like" because I agree completely. I just couldn't click the button.
I completely understand. I wish there was a "support" option.

I have edited to respond just to the first paragraph. I am sure RA knew. How LE didn't though? RA called it the farm bureau building. So not *exactly* the same thing, but not hard to figure out. I am thinking this article really should be taken at face value. Like literally face value. It would explain a lot about the PCA. "Allen’s statement was forgotten until recently when Indiana State Police became frustrated with the status of the Delphi investigation..."

]

I think there will be lots more to come now that RA is in custody and DNA testing of relevant items is happening. I also don't doubt there is more known than the PCA alludes to. But it is hard to figure out how this didn't happen a long time ago with the information the public has!

There's something eating at me with the PCA, and I am having a hard time clearly articulating what it is. Everything in the PCA is circular. I am going to try my best to explain what I mean. The three female witnesses all describe seeing a man dressed like the person in the video. But not one of the witnesses identifies that man as RA. When were these witnesses interviewed, and did LE shape their memories by showing them the picture/video from LG's phone? What do those witnesses add since RA has already placed himself in that location wearing those same clothes? Also, did the woman who saw the person who was muddy and bloody claim that person was RA? Or is it just additional information that the perp was dressed like the man on the bridge?

It's the same with the vehicle. Based on the "new direction" PC, LE believed that the vehicle parked at the CPS building was likely involved (they did not say this, but they asked for information on the driver of the vehicle). They then say that RA's Ford Focus is consistent with that vehicle. Again, no one has identified that vehicle as RA's. It just feels like this PCA is filled with confirmation bias. They are taking what they know about the crime (the clothes, the vehicle, and so on) and saying that there are witnesses who confirm those details. However, where is the solid evidence that ties everything to RA?

I know that is the purpose of the SW... to collect evidence in an attempt to tie it to the crime scene/victims. And the results of the SW don't have to be contained in the PCA. They just need enough PC to secure an arrest. But I can't help but hear this nagging voice that keeps saying that the PCA relies on confirmation bias.

I am really curious to see how unique the bullet extraction marks are. Does it tie that unspent bullet to RA's gun, or could it be consistent with several guns? This is a huge piece of evidence.

I started here on WS because of this case. Stopped getting on and posting about 2 years ago but always checked in!!! Lost my old account(tried numerous times to reset my password but never got the email) so had to start fresh. anyways, what’s even more crazy to me is, you had the murderer, in front of your face, in a town very small, Delphi police had to wonder numerous times (is it this guy that I know, this guy, what about this guy) and it’s almost like they completely missed him because it was too easy? It’s like they didn’t want to believe it was one of their own? I live in a town 5times bigger than Delphi and I feel like everyone knows everyone here so our local LE would have an aha moment if they had not only video footage, but a voice!!!! And then in the beginning, this man admitted to being on the bridge that day. It’s mind boggling to me on so many levels!! This man’s wife never questioned him? His friends? I have to think as a whole, a lot of the community of Delphi turned their head to the fact it could be a local! IT WAS A LOCAL!!!!
Yes but it is also possible that many suspected him and/or brought his name up and he replied “yeah, I’ve already been questioned by the police”

You're talking about a dude who said he went to a high bridge to watch the fish.
That is something I’d like to know more about actually? Did he often go there? How often if so? Was he known for maybe taking pictures there of the fish or nature? I’m asking because when I go shoot wildlife as I often do - it isn’t uncommon to see a lot of the same folks out and about. Some with camera gear in hand, sometimes just there to walk and enjoy the scenery. I wonder if since he was collected by police, people have called to tell police they’d seen him there before? That would be interesting to know. It could speak more to him knowing the area or just generally being in the area. Of course, it could also suggest that he knew that area well enough to know where to park, where to go and how not to be seen doing the actual crime.

He may not have known that an unspent bullet would leave a forensically traceable mark and left it / placed it between bodies as signature of sorts? To say, I was here?
That’s a very intriguing theory/explanation. I recall one former investigator who viewed the crime scene comment that a signature was left behind. And an unspent bullet purposefully placed between them would appear to fit the bill.

In my opinion:
I am trying to remain focused on the fact that what we are seeing is the PCA for arrest .
We do not know what the PCA includes in the beginning which would be the search warrant.
We don't know the totality of the evidence that has been collected.
The "thing" that we do know is that RA was there.
He told LE what he wore and where he went ( at least part of where he went).
We know that LE has definitive proof that HIS gun was there at the Crime scene at some point in time.
RA was adamant that NO ONE was ever in possession of this gun. He said he has NEVER been on RL's property.

RA STILL has the same clothing he wore that day.
Bet me that LE doesn't have those clothes and they will be able to show that it is the clothing that was worn the day the girls were taken.

I have NO doubt that we have less than 1 percent of the information that is in the hands of people that know how to prove this case.

I feel confident that RA is the murderer, waiting to see who else is implicated.
I don't think we are done being shocked.

JMO
“Oh but a wee little animal carried the bullet from his backyard to the crime scene your honour” — SARCASM and NOT FACT! — how the defence might explain how the bullet from his gun arrived between the bodies of the two kids.

This was the probable cause affidavit for the arrest, not the search. It states what was taken in the search: jackets, boots, knives and firearms,
Where do farm animals enter the overall scene then? The warrant for RL mentioned clearly that he had farm animals and went on to talk about unidentified hair and fibers at the scene. So when do we expect to hear more about this if it is possibly important evidence from the scene?

I'm a huge supporter of LE, married to one, it's my life, an advocate
but this..... I'm praying for Abby and Libby, their families. They need justice and after today's realization, they failed them all, they failed the public. They had the guy, admitted to being there.. never did a line up, never talked to his work, his wife, his friends... they didn't even reinterview him, a known witness at that very time Abby and Libby were there?!?! What injustice for almost 6 years. The Defense team is going to humiliate/grill ISP and investigators. I'm praying for the prosecution. They need to be 10 steps a head of this.
I see now why a gag order is wanted.... what an embarrassment. This was downright...... I don't even have the words to describe the incompetence ....you don't think a gag from LE for the last 5 years was enough. That did a lot of good not discussing.... you missed fresh DNA, blood, mud, fresh witnesses, so so much. I would want a gag on the families too know, because I know how I feel; I can't imagine how the families feel knowing they had him come forward and did NOTHING. Where was their spreadsheet with witnesses/backgrounds/ arrows/.....it all points to him... his looks, voice...he was there... I wonder what he told his wife.... they cleared me, my DNA was cleared blah blah blah. Did they ever interview his wife in 2017, I'm just so disappointed.
I need to refocus annd now let go of the madness of the stupidity and pray that they are lead to better evidence and investigators that will work diligently with prosecution/DA.
Same. All my family too, besides me are LE. I feel you and everything you say. They simply missed so much. There’s really no other way of putting it. Cell records seemed to indicate he was there and no one followed up. I’m glad at least someone at least had the courage to take another look at him. I pray for the prosecutors as well. How do you even try this case without throwing LE under the bus?

Dear @raja,

Excellent post!

I learn so much from your informative, insightful and greatly compassionate posts.

And.... he kept the car - which will have the girls' DNA in it.

Do you think this speaks to his arrogance that he will never be considered a suspect - so he kept everything?
I vacillate between thinking he wanted to be caught, or that he was so paranoid and/or disassociated from the crime that he thought doing anything that even remotely acknowledged it — like destroying evidence or moving away — would make it real, so he pretended he had nothing to do with it even to himself for fear of looking (and then knowing he was) suspicious.

Dear @raja,

Excellent post!

I learn so much from your informative, insightful and greatly compassionate posts.

And.... he kept the car - which will have the girls' DNA in it.

Do you think this speaks to his arrogance that he will never be considered a suspect - so he kept everything?
Um and had his pic taken with the "suspect" drawing in the background.....

I'm glad it finally got pulled together.
Those poor girls.
I hope the dirtbag rots.

Surely if he has ejected a bullet he would have picked it up?

That seems like criminal 101 class
It was found BETWEEN the girls bodies right? That isn’t likely accidental in my view. I believe the perp placed it there. Intentionally. Why? Possibly for a photo to show the job was done and as a signature that would be understood by someone else who may have received such a photo? As in “hey boss, the deed was done” kinda thing but that seems way too complicated for this?? Surely this wasn’t a “hit”. I don’t know what to make of this. Where are all the tentacles were were told about? Where do the pedophiles and social media figure into this? I don’t think we’ve seen all the evidence or the entire case against RA yet but I’m hoping its more than this.

What would his explanation have been for muddy and bloody clothes do you think then? I cannot fathom what one would have come up with? I really cannot?
Is it possible he hosed clothing down thoroughly with a water hose, then threw his clothes in the washer?

or he washed a load of clothes….

i can imagine many reasons mud and blood would have gone undetected, without scrutinizing?

All black with black boots or blue jacket and blue jeans, face mostly covered, might have been driving a Ford Focus, PT Cruiser, or Smart car (none of which resembles the others), unspent round found apparently with no prints or DNA and who knows how long it was there, LE statement that more people could be involved, two different sketches and a shaky video that look like half of the men in the midwest, and no one in the community had suspected RA until his arrest… no wonder the defense is salivating.

I get not putting everything into a PCA, but even just one more item stronger than what was presented should have been included. I hope they have better than this when they go to trial.
Did they keep is as low key as possible knowing it might get released to the public and it might affect their investigation into possible other people???

Does anyone think RA visited the Monon Bridge often since the murders? Or not at all? I mean, he held onto that gun and those clothes all this time. How close was he actually to this case?
You know, something tells me dinner conversations were like this... and often.

Hi honey, what did you do today?

I took a hike on Monon trail bridge and watched the fish. It's very meditative.

And I'm being serious. I can't imagine he didn't go back often.

Hmm then I wonder what led to the description that he looked like he had been in a fight?
Snipped
And observed a male subject walking West,- on the Notth side of 300North, away from the ManonHighBridge. advised that the male subject was wearing a blue colored jacket and blue jeans and was muddy and bloody. She further states that it appeared he had gotten into a fight.
PCA-BBM
Without being too graphic: it wasn’t his blood and he was doing the fighting.

Is it possible he hosed clothing down thoroughly with a water hose, then threw his clothes in the washer?

or he washed a load of clothes….

i can imagine many reasons mud and blood would have gone undetected, without scrutinizing?
When you wash bloody and muddy clothes, how are you explaining the blood to your housemates? Seriously? Unless his wife ‘ daughter weren’t there or didn’t see him arrive and throw it in the machine, then I just don’t see how you’re explaining blood on your clothes. I’d like to know if the witness who thought he’d been in a fight saw blood on his face / hands specifically? I’m assuming yes because he wore black or blue (dark colors) which mean blood wouldn’t be super easy to notice really even in daylight. It probably wouldn’t have looked like blood unless it was on hands / face / hair….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee