Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #158

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you were playing Devils Advocate and I hope I didn't come off as know it all-ingly. :)

I have crash-course researched bullet extraction marks and learned that 2 different Sigs can/will have different extraction markings, especially based on the length of time owned and number of rounds that have been shot. Since they recovered his Sig during the search of his home, I have no doubt that ejected a ballistic test to see if those marking do indeed match to the bullet recovered from the scene.

I think the bullet will be just one piece of a much bigger picture that indisputably points to RA as BG. He's already admitted much of the other pieces himself.

JMO

Yes

It is conceivable that there is another gun out there that also is a close match - but that is not the point.

We have to see all the circumstantial evidence together.

Did LE have enough evidence in 2017 for a search warrant of RA home and vehicle if they had:

* 2017 Sig Sauer ejected shell casing close to victims' bodies
* 2017 interview of RA stating he was on the bridge & clothing description of g,
* 2017 Witnesses on bridge described man wearing clothing like RA.
Would judge have approved search warrant in 2017?

Yes I think they had enough to get at least gun and clothes to exclude him.

How many men were on the bridge that day during the relevant time? I think the priority would be to include or exclude all of them as soon as possible. I think given the image the victim had and the audio of the girls saying "gun," there was probable cause to think evidence related to the crime could be found in the homes of the men on the bridge. Especially if you limited it to clothes and gun. It is not a terrible hardship either because if they test the clothes and gun and they are not related, they can be returned promptly.

I agree about not being able to find the bullet, that time of year means a lot of leaves and limbs should have been on the ground so if that was the case finding a bullet , while probably rushing to hurry up and leave would have been very difficult. So my thoughts are he couldn't find it or he forgot about it.
My guess is he wasn't bright enough to know that the Sig Sauer left markings on unspent shell casing as it was ejected during rack and slide.

After reading many post about today's PC release I would like to mention :

These dox do not contain ALL of the evidence against RA !!!!! They contain ENOUGH evidence to charge him !!!

Imo there is ALOT more evidence that has not been released yet. I.E. boot prints,his DNA on them, their DNA on his belongings.

This Case is not hinged on 1 single unspent 40cal bullit lol
MOO it is enough as is.
The Sig is clear in his pocket.
He speaks words that are kidnapping, a loose previously chambered bullet from his gun is at the CS.

Sorry I feel like I have so many questions today lol. Why the new sketch? Is that supposed to be RA? And why wait to release the full audio? I'm trying to put the pieces together in my head with all of this new info and none of it is adding up for me.

Question: up for review was whether to unseal the PCA. The Prosecution came prepared with a redacted version, and the judge ultimately ordered its release.

Are we seeing the full PCA, minus witness names, or are we seeing a condensed version, all reactions omitted? Effectively a cut-and-pasted abridgement? 8 pages. Could the unredacted one be longer?

My question, opinion and ignorance

I know you were playing Devils Advocate and I hope I didn't come off as know it all-ingly. :)

I have crash-course researched bullet extraction marks and learned that 2 different Sigs can/will have different extraction markings, especially based on the length of time owned and number of rounds that have been shot. Since they recovered his Sig during the search of his home, I have no doubt that ejected a ballistic test to see if those marking do indeed match to the bullet recovered from the scene.

I think the bullet will be just one piece of a much bigger picture that indisputably points to RA as BG. He's already admitted much of the other pieces himself.

JMO
I certainly hope that you are right. I am not saying that I support my Devil's Advocate theory. I am just saying that the PCA leaves much room for reasonable doubt. There's something about it that just isn't sitting right or even adding up. Of course, all of the dots aren't connected, but there seems to be something missing.
2) So, I understand the eyewitness statements seem to be responsible for the BG sketch but now that we know all this information ... what's up with the second sketch of the younger person? Sketch looks nothing at all like RA. If the three or four redacted witnesses gave the description of RA's clothing on that day, I still am confused about where this second sketch came from. I remember reading scuttlebutt that it looked like the stolen profile photo from the anthony_shots account. Is that the case? I really don't think KK had anything to do with this.
RSBM. If the second sketch is a result of one of the witnesses mentioned in the PCA, it's going to cause problems. Is sketch #2 the man you saw on Feb. 13? Yes. Is that man RA [shows picture where RA looks nothing like second sketch]? Not sure. So was RA the man you saw on Feb. 13? Not sure. I can see where this goes off the rail very quickly.
If he had an alibi or a reasonable explanation about the gun, I would be all over it. I think the science behind the bullet extraction comparisons is shaky. Only now are most people starting to accept that bite mark evidence is not reliable and it was used for years. So I am generally a skeptic with this type of evidence.

Why I think the PCA is so strong is if it wasn't RA, it means there was another guy that no one saw on the bridge at the time of the murders. What are the odds that RA was on the bridge at the time of the murders, wearing the clothes that were seen in the video, owned a gun that matched a bullet found at the seen...but he didn't actually commit the crime?

The defense to most crimes is: it wasn't me! I wasn't there! I was at Sally's house roasting a turkey watching the Price is Right and now they're trying to frame me! Most people aren't like yes I was in fact at that very bank that was robbed and I was too wearing a ski mask and carrying a gun but surely you don't think I was the robber??

RA is either BG or the unluckiest guy ever.
My whole point is that perhaps RA was never actually there. He claimed he was, but that doesn't make is so. DA can claim that RA is a fame seeker, but that doesn't make him a killer. He put himself at the scene of the crime because it felt cool, etc., but when he realized that he could be held accountable for their murders, he realized how stupid he was, etc. Maybe he said he was there to get more information on the crime, etc. Some people are really screwed up. RA has NEVER admitted being involved in their murders... just put himself in the area of the crime. But RA's story is based on the movements and clothing of BG, which have been documented very clearly and very publicly. The evidence against RA seems to be missing something, but I freely admit that we don't have everything.

And what if RA's impounded car turns up no forensic evidence?

Yes I think they had enough to get at least gun and clothes to exclude him.

How many men were on the bridge that day during the relevant time? I think the priority would be to include or exclude all of them as soon as possible. I think given the image the victim had and the audio of the girls saying "gun," there was probable cause to think evidence related to the crime could be found in the homes of the men on the bridge. Especially if you limited it to clothes and gun. It is not a terrible hardship either because if they test the clothes and gun and they are not related, they can be returned promptly.
Thanks @Alethea. Shame on LE for not obtaining search warrants on RA home and vehicle in 2017.

who is the other guy in black? This is not good for the state
Could just be some guy taking a walk and nothing more than that. It is a public place. Even kids go there. And it's not like men weren't allowed. In my mind witnesses saw BG and some other innocent dude that I wish hadn't been there so people wouldn't obsess about him. Not saying you're obsessing, but it sounds like from past posts that perhaps the defense team might obsess about this which is too bad if it derails this case.

JMO

If they had run instead of complying, is it likely he would have shot them?
I think he was behaving in a particularly menacing way as well as showing them the gun
I'm not sure he would have because that definitely would have drawn fast attention to him. I wish they had made a run for it, I think most instances like this you have a better chance if you do. Unfortunately it would be a very scary decision for even an adult to make, much less a child in a terrifying situation like this. Fear can cause your mind and body to just shut down and leave you helpless.

IMO, based upon other cases, eye-witnesses are notoriously inaccurate. RA put himself on the bridge, with those clothes and a bullet that matches his gun marks at the scene of the crime. He fits the guy seen in the video. IMO, they have their suspect.

Also walking with purpose could just mean he had had a really crap day and wanted to walk off some steam. Why on earth would he want to interact with young girls would be my argument in court?!
SBMFF

He had a really crap day? His potentially crap day was nothing compared to Abby & Libby's crap day.

I'm more in the camp that it was targeted. And if it was because he had a crap day... he REALLY needs to take some anger management classes or therapy. It's one thing to be upset over something and get snippy with people, but double murder? AND then whatever sex crimes that were committed? That's way beyond having a crap day IMO.

I mean who here hasn't gone to watch fish from 60 feet above with a gun and knife. ;)
I do it all the time. It's more fun and competitive than shooting fish in a barrel because they have more room to dart around. I graduated from shooting fish in a barrel when I was a kid. Sounds like RMA did too.

I'm having a hard time thinking he saved any of the clothing he wore. Why do that? He could have several blue jackets. If items were bloody and muddy why not just get rid of them especially after the video came out. He has had years. (Hate that!)
What would he tell his wife why he got rid of an expensive newish jacket? Seems like it would be better to wash it and keep it. That would be a little suspect to me if I was his wife once other details came out (vid, GDTH). Although I'd likely wash it and eventually donate it to get it out of the house so it can't be found in the event LE come a-knockin'.

I wonder how they came up with kidnapping and not simply a sexual act (since their clothes were off). How in the world would someone (RMA) think that he could simply walk the girls out of there after (likely) sexually assaulting them DTH? He had to know the chances of them being seen would be huge since he ran into others earlier. I can't wrap my head around that.

View attachment 383587
View attachment 383588
why would you think he wanting to take them out of there? just taking them down the hill at gun point is enough for the kidnapping charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie