Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #158

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he misinterpreted the document; while they said an officer "interviewed" him, they also call it a tip a number of times. I think it works with the leak that states RA came forward to a conservation officer in 2017, in 2022 and an old tip was found that it was spurred the arrest. It doesn't appear that RA was interviewed by LE who were working the case back in 2017.

"Investigators reviewing prior tips encountered a tip narrative from an officer who interviewed Richard

M. Allen in 2017. That narrative stated:..."
after reviewing i agree with this.

His jacket and boots will no doubt be exhibits in a trial... when all of the prosecution evidence is entered and his defense gets the discovery, I think he will advise his client to take a plea deal.
Only the public will be left befuddled and won't believe such a plea deal with such an affidavit.

But he admitted he was ON THE BRIDGE wearing those clothes at the time of the murder. So it's not really the clothes, it's that they have video of the kidnapper who was wearing those clothes on the bridge at the time of the murder.

Unless there were two guys on the bridge wearing the same clothes at the same time he's kind of SOL. The PCA made a big deal of the fact that witnesses only saw one person matching that description. It wasn't like a dad convention, where lots of 40-50 year old guys wearing carhart jackets were gathered to watch fish on the bridge as one does.
You know, hats off and huge kudos to Libby for filming him in the first place. Without that evidence I don't know where this case would be. I doubt we'd have had an arrest. I hope it's HER evidence that proves he did it in his court case. I also think that would be a good thing for her family to hear. As sad as the case is, it would feel good to know she nailed her killer.

Because the rational thing to ask is why they didn't do a better job investigating the small list of people who were on the bridge at the time of the murder.

They either ruled him out at the time or just *gestures wildly* did not think people at the scene of the crime were important. Both answers are very bad and will form the basis of two different defenses.
JMO.
The $10,000 question and one which has fascinated me since the first report emerged of RA approaching a state Conservation Officer (CO)!

Note that the PC Affadavit does NOT include a date for the 2017 RA interview. I’ve posted about why I believe RA did this before the girls’ bodies were discovered — when the investigation was a Missing Persons investigation and not a murder investigation — and somehow this report was submitted but not properly transferred to the murder investigation. Why would it not be dated?

Please scroll and roll if this is too obsessive.

I think the potential follow up noted in the PC Affadavit for the 2017 RA report supports the timing of the report being on 2-13 or early 2-14: “Potential follow up information: Who were the three girls walking in the area of Freedom Bridge?” The state CO’s focus seems to be on whether those girls included Abby & Libby vs whether they or RA murdered A&L or saw who did.

IOW, the ball was dropped when the transition to a murder investigation happened. It may end up being something as infuriatingly simple as the report being handwritten vs typed and not transcribed properly, or a document scanner jam.

Here’s another wild thought: What if RA returns home, cleans up, comes down off the adrenaline rush and … DECIDES TO RETURN TO THE MURDER SCENE for whatever reason (the ejected bullet haunts him / he wanted something more he was too rushed to get before / wants to move or better hide the bodies)? He encounters the state CO searching on the way there/back and his cover story is not only his cover story for being at the Monon High Bridge earlier but also for being in the area during the search (I heard they were missing and wanted to let you guys know I was in this area earlier but didn’t see them).

Speculation only and probably too convoluted.

JMO.

Birdwatching would have been a more believable story, not that it would have cleared him.

Even birdwatching, IMO, would be a hard sell, seeing as how it was mid-February in Indiana.

To me it's pretty simple. The unspent bullet from his gun, lying between two dead girls, essentially says:

I, RICHARD ALLEN, WAS HERE.

There, at that place and time. He already gave an alibi for everyone else by saying he'd never been on that property and never loaned out his gun.

Jmo

What would he tell his wife why he got rid of an expensive newish jacket? Seems like it would be better to wash it and keep it. That would be a little suspect to me if I was his wife once other details came out (vid, GDTH). Although I'd likely wash it and eventually donate it to get it out of the house so it can't be found in the event LE come a-knockin'.
Maybe he kept a stash of clothing in his car. Maybe he didn't need to explain what happened to his jacket to wife. Maybe wife didn't ask questions.

Last edited:
And this is extremely complicated how? Seems pretty straightforward and exactly like what I imagined happened. Must be more we don’t know yet.

Did it take 5 years for them to match the bullet to RAs gun?

I think we are all left scratching our heads here. I hope they give us more info so we can have faith in this investigation.

SBMFF

He had a really crap day? His potentially crap day was nothing compared to Abby & Libby's crap day.

I'm more in the camp that it was targeted. And if it was because he had a crap day... he REALLY needs to take some anger management classes or therapy. It's one thing to be upset over something and get snippy with people, but double murder? AND then whatever sex crimes that were committed? That's way beyond having a crap day IMO.

I was not on his side FYI . I am simply pointing out him not stopping to chat to 3 juvenile girls doesn’t mean he was on this march to get to the bridge asap. The argument is it’s not sinister to not want to stop and make ideal chat with 3 young girls which I’m sure will be brought up.

moo

The Probable Cause Affidavit was sufficient for the Arrest Warrant to be issued.

We won't know what was discovered during the Search until the Trial.

That is when Evidence recovered from the Search led to the Murder charges being laid,

The goal of the
Probable Cause Affidavit is only to get the Arrest Warrant, nothing more.

We will finally hear the evidence at the trial next year.

Thankfully we are on the road to Justice for Abby and Libby.
this isn't fully true they used evidence from the search in the PCA they didn't have his gun to test until the search.

Well, for me, if she said she saw it 5+ yrs ago... I'm not going to doubt her. Had she said it last week after he was arrested.. "Yeah! I saw blood and mud on this guy that looks like the guy you arrested"... then I'd be raising an eyebrow over that. But since it was stated back then, I'm a believer of her statement.

If he was in shadows, it might be hard to detect. If the sun hit him just right, it would stand out like a neon light. All MOO.
I think if I was really wanting to know I would travel the road and check it out in person. It might have been all the blood in the world ,but they are not going to let it stand as it being factually blood unless they have the clothing . To be stated as blood,it has to be tested as blood. Then what type and then who's , so basicly this is a only to aide obtaining arrest warrent. It may come up but it might be one of those open doors that allow it in . I think ,I Am not a lawyer, but I watch them on court tv. MOO..fwiw.
Also , I believe Libby fought hard ,I think BG lost complete control because the actions LG took to try to save her life and I pray no plea happens and this comes to trial so LG gets to tell how hard she fought and how many other girls she saved. Dont let the abductor take you anywhere..she didnt she used her wit and took control. I believe .
There are so many thoughts and idea's I have on this case I just cant get them into words and details that are emerging are revealing more and I am realizing how In a weird way LG was the lead detective and also had the insight to realize how the case would be investigated ,which makes me think she threw something in the creek that two other alive people knew about and needed= keys or wallet or whatever she could grab. Anyway that is a heavy point of veiw and gets deeper as explored in a reflective way. All my personal opinion . non fact stuffies.

And this is extremely complicated how? Seems pretty straightforward and exactly like what I imagined happened. Must be more we don’t know yet.

Did it take 5 years for them to match the bullet to RAs gun?

I think we are all left scratching our heads here. I hope they give us more info so we can have faith in this investigation.

I think they had information but didn't know "who" it fit.

When they learned who, they didn't have anything concrete to charge him.

Now, we are seeing those pieces come together, like a puzzle.

The apparent distance between the girls was farther than I had imagined, as well.

I also wondered the same thing you say about the Hoosier Harvestore not having video of RMA walking, yet had the footage of the person driving at 3:57pm. We know the muddy and bloody guy matching the description was seen on the north side of the road walking west, but we don't know exactly where on 300 Rd. he was seen, east or west of Hoosier Harvestore. The fact that he was on the north side of the road sort of makes me wonder if he tried to mostly avoid walking the road and cut through the fields on the north side of 300 Rd., behind the Harvestore, and over to the CPS lot. Less convenient for him, but if he was muddy and bloody...

Jmo.

Just wanted to bring a few items forward from way back in the threads that may pertain to the "muddy and bloody" man walking:

From February 20th, 2017:
“We are asking people that were driving through the Hoosier heartland that might have seen a hitchhiker or saw somebody walking. We are asking people in Logansport all the way to Lafayette if they saw somebody around that late afternoon on February 13 walking down the roadway. We would like to know about that person,” said Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley.
Source: All-out manhunt underway for main suspect in murders of two Delphi teens

From 2019:
Riley said after reviewing many tips, investigators determined he was able to get around quickly on the day the girls were killed, and seemed to know the area....."Somebody may have already interviewed him," said Riley. "I'm not going to say they have or have not, but there's a possibility that has happened. The person apparently gave the investigating officers the information they were looking for. We have to try to go back and check on the information that we have received."
Source:

From 2021:
Q. Was video collected throughout Delphi from Feb. 13, 2017 including video from the building across from the abandoned CPS building (The Anderson’s)?
A. Multiple pieces of evidence, including anything technologically based, have been gained. At least information followed into or brought to the attention by the investigators.
Q. No matter how distant, do you have the man walking on the bridge, videoed by Libby, on any other video?
A. This is close to an evidentiary information question and I prefer not to respond.

Source: County Sheriff answers double homicide questions from readers - Carroll County Comet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member