Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #159

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's what it looks like if you walked past the cemetery, out onto Country Road 300, PAST THE HOSSIER HARVETSTORE, and to his car. Question: Wouldn't the muddy and bloody man have passed the camera at the the store that confirmed the witness presence that day and the other cars identified in the PCA> ???

That route puts anyone right out in the open for an extended period of time. Makes no sense to me why someone covered in blood would walk that way. Why wouldn't you hug the treeline to the left of the field off of the road when making your escape?? This guy thought to hide his license plate but then decides to walk out in the open for almost a whole mile???!!! I can't get over the stupidity of that. Unless he was in total shock at what he's done which leads me to believe things did not go according to plan.

Also one description of the man on the path puts him in a light blue jacket, with grey or a little brown hair and in a duck canvass type jacket. BG is not in a canvas type jacket.

As a former duck hunter, you don't wear light blue. Duck canvass is brown or light brown to camouflage yourself to the brown foliage of the season. Any other color throws you efforts to conceal yourself from ducks out the window.

I'm having problems with this.

There is mention of another vehicle in the PCA. I don't know the timing or movements of that vehicle, but is it possible that RA was picked up by the driver of that vehicle and that is why he doesn't appear on the HH store camera?

JMO

Excuse my terrible memory. Where was it stated that the video of BG was taken 2:13?
Do I remember right the photo of Abby on the bridge had also a time stamp on it?

On YT this morning I see this from 3 days ago. Is it just me or does anyone else see various degrees of healing from different injuries on RA’s face/head, too?

IMOO ymmv JMVHO
I wish I could see it better but I do know what you're saying. How much more video or photos of him must there be now.?

BBM

It was a volunteer searcher who discovered the bodies of the Delphi teens, lying in the grass between a group of trees deep in the woods.

“He called his wife who was with us and said we found them. My sister came up and she was crying and she said I’m so sorry,” said Patty.

One of the hundreds of volunteers searching for the friends discovered their bodies in a remote area about 50 feet from the banks of Deer Creek. They were about three-quarters of a mile from an abandoned railroad bridge where the girls were dropped off Monday to go hiking.

This is the story I remember. Deer movement caught his eye and then he saw the.

Here's what it looks like if you walked past the cemetery, out onto Country Road 300, PAST THE HOSSIER HARVETSTORE, and to his car. Question: Wouldn't the muddy and bloody man have passed the camera at the the store that confirmed the witness presence that day and the other cars identified in the PCA> ???

That route puts anyone right out in the open for an extended period of time. Makes no sense to me why someone covered in blood would walk that way. Why wouldn't you hug the treeline to the left of the field off of the road when making your escape?? This guy thought to hide his license plate but then decides to walk out in the open for almost a whole mile???!!! I can't get over the stupidity of that. Unless he was in total shock at what he's done which leads me to believe things did not go according to plan.

Also one description of the man on the path puts him in a light blue jacket, with grey or a little brown hair and in a duck canvass type jacket. BG is not in a canvas type jacket.

As a former duck hunter, you don't wear light blue. Duck canvass is brown or light brown to camouflage yourself to the brown foliage of the season. Any other color throws you efforts to conceal yourself from ducks out the window.

He didn’t have great options.

I'm still stuck on the press release from the defense attorney. Why would they mention "did not throw out his clothing" if their strategy is "Rick is innocent". Why even mention the clothes?

If he's innocent, then he's not BG and his clothes aren't the clothes BG was wearing, so why would what he wore that day matter if he wasn't the killer.

The defense attorney mentioning RA still owning the clothes from that day points more to guilt than innocence. They could have simply not mentioned the clothes.

I noticed this as well. Very strange wording, as if the attorney subconsciously thinks RA is guilty. If RA is not the bridge guy, then of course he wouldn’t have thrown away his belongings.

It would have looked less suspect to say something like “Rick still has all of his belongings from 2017. He has had no reason to throw anything away”.

i' m a little puzzled over a couple of his recent actions, 1 begging for mercy from the court, re getting a pd when at first he said he would furnish his own representation. Iirc he actually said "mercy"? I don't mean getting the routine pd, just the theatrical words he used. 2 the patheic "sad sack" calculated, imo, expression in his mug shot. Now that we've seen how weird his unnecessary confessions were..re being there looking for fish, perusing his stocks, well I just wonder who this guy is. Playing the role of a bumbling goofus or is a dedicated, premeditated murderer.

I do think he's guilty, btw.
He's proud of himself. Always has been since he first inserted himself right at the start.

I noticed this as well. Very strange wording, as if the attorney subconsciously thinks RA is guilty. If RA is not the bridge guy, then of course he wouldn’t have thrown away his belongings.

It would have looked less suspect to say something like “Rick still has all of his belongings from 2017. He has had no reason to throw anything away”.
MOO he has clothing that looks like what he wore that day. Told his defense attorney it was those very clothes. MOO he burned the clothes he wore.

Slightly off topic, but after hearing this news report and watching the recent Gray Hughes timeline video I have to ask. Is the 24 hour time format just not well understood in the US?

IMOO of course his attys know he’s guilty. They appear to be intelligent men & experienced defense attys. Anyone who passed the LSAT can look at the plain uncomplicated facts here & add 2 plus 2 to get 4.

It’s often said that the overwhelming majority of people charged with crimes are guilty. Defense attys know this too & generally are much more focused on whether their clients’ rights are upheld than whether their clients committed the crime.

These attys seem like real pros…. at least the older guy who’s done most of the talking. They’re doing a great job of storming the castle with sob stories about poor ol’ good-buddy Rick the innocent man. Then the hearing ends, the cameras shut off, and poor ol’ Rick goes back to lockup for THREE MONTHS before he even gets a bail hearing (?!!?)

JMO!

Snipped>

I only know “duck canvas” in this context as a type of fabric, heavy weight cotton.
Carhartt uses it extensively in several colors.
I’ve never associated duck fabric with duck hunting but I’m not a duck hunter.
People wear these for work and all kinds of recreation, like hiking and camping, because of its durability and protection from the elements.
I would also describe his jacket as duck canvas.

Last edited:
Slightly off topic, but after hearing this news report and watching the recent Gray Hughes timeline video I have to ask. Is the 24 hour time format just not well understood in the US?
First responders, LE/FF, some medical personnel, and the military, all use 24 hr clock. Airports, airlines, and train employees use it. Some people that use a time clock to punch in/out at their employment use it. I worked for a county government, most depts used 24 hr clock.
It certainly trips up Hughes.

I only know “duck canvass” in this context as a type of fabric, heavy weight cotton.
Carhartt uses it extensively in many colors.

Same here! I didn’t even know the “duck” part referred to actual duck hunting… guess I thought it was like duck tape or something. But yeah those stiff canvas Carhartt jackets, like RA said he was wearing, are everywhere… he’d have had no trouble replacing his dark blue Carhartt jacket in a day or two. JMO

Duck canvas

To understand which fabric will meet your needs, you first need to really understand what duck and canvas are. Did you know that duck is actually a type of canvas? Both fabrics are plain-weave, are made from cotton and are incredibly versatile. The main difference between duck and canvas lies in thread count. Canvas is known for its coarser weave, while duck boasts a smooth hand thanks to its high thread count.

This monster should have been caught within the first few weeks of the investigation, I hope to god he hasn't done anything else in the time he was free to roam the streets.
They will have more than just the bullet, we just need to be patient and see if he either pleads to avoid the DP or fancies his chances at trial.

Same here! I didn’t even know the “duck” part referred to actual duck hunting… guess I thought it was like duck tape or something. But yeah those stiff canvas Carhartt jackets, like RA said he was wearing, are everywhere… he’d have had no trouble replacing his dark blue Carhartt jacket in a day or two. JMO
OT.
Hahaha. I’m going to blow your mind, it’s duct tape.

Excuse my terrible memory. Where was it stated that the video of BG was taken 2:13?
Do I remember right the photo of Abby on the bridge had also a time stamp on it?
It’s in the probable cause affidavit.

Probable Cause Affidavit
Richard Allen

“Investigators believe the male observed by — and — is the some male depicted in the video from Victim 2's phone due to the descriptions of the male by the four females matching the male in the video. Furthermore, Victim 2’s video was taken at 2:13 p.m. and — saw only one male while she was on the trail from approximately 1:46pm to 2:14pm.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea