Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #159

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the information HC. I've also linked several studies on the same in the previous thread. Of course, there will be proponents of the science and also naysayers.

I think and hope they might have a partial print or DNA on the bullet itself, which will only further strengthen its relevance.

It still is just one piece of a much larger puzzle that ties RA to BG.

MOO
JMO.

YES! We are seeing only the top of the iceberg at the moment.

There is much more to come.

I’ll be fascinated to see digital forensics on this.

In answer to what are now repeated claims that the defense has a resource in the similarity of RA's Sig Sauer P226 to the standard Indiana State Police officer's Sig Sauer P227, I'll risk repeating a point that's overlooked in such posts:

The Wikipedia page for the P226:

From there:
The SIG Sauer P226 is a full-sized, service pistol made by SIG Sauer. This model is sold with a choice of four chambers to choose from: the 9×19mm Parabellum, .40 S&W, .357 SIG, or .22 Long Rifle.

RA has the .40 version. The unspent cartridge from the crime scene is also .40.

The P227 introduced a double-stack .45 ACP caliber handgun into the SIG Sauer lineup.

It comes only in .45 ACP. This is what an Indiana cop might accidentally, never mind how, drop on a crime scene.

A forensic tech handed RA's Sig Sauer and a .45 round from a crime scene will not do extended analysis of tiny scratch marks to tell if that round came from that gun. He will inform you that the CS cartridge is too fat to ever chamber in RA's gun.

View attachment 384039
Thank you, @WildHuncher — the visuals are great.

Suggesting a different caliber size would match RA’s (never-loaned, never-lost) gun isn’t introducing reasonable doubt, it’s engaging in specious fantasizing.

JMO.

About the "clerical error" that reportedly delayed the successful closure of the investigation -- blame is being assigned. It may not be as reported. To protect the reputation of sworn law enforcement personnel (people with arrest authority) in the eyes of the public, analysts (also highly trained and vetted) might be assigned the blame for an error. Look at Congress and the White House. If there is a problem born of a policy, it's never their problem. They blame the intelligence community. The intelligence community cannot speak to the press to set the record straight. Or, the blame goes to immigration, or to Social Security, or to someone else. I'd be slow to pick up the narrative on an FBI analyst having committed a "clerical error." I'd wait on that.

This document outlines "procedures for examination and comparison of unfired cartridge and shotshell evidence."

It offers no discussion, analysis or evidence relating to the extent to which an opinion linking an unfired cartridge to a specific based on such an examination is reliable, accurate, precise, exact, etc.

Indeed, and the idea that casing forensics is settled in legal procedure is incorrect.

Just up the road from Indiana at Northwestern's Center for Wrongful Convictions managed to help get a conviction overturned in 2019 after a man wrongly spent 24-years in jail on the following evidence:

"[...] testimony by a state firearm and toolmark examiner who testified that bullets and shell casings recovered from the crime scene matched a gun recovered from Mr. Pursley’s home “to the exclusion of all other guns.”"

Illinois hadn't run the bullets through NIBIN, and had continued to refuse to do so for some strange reason, but when that finally happened the ATF's computers said there was no match. The man spent twenty four years in prison and it was overturned in a judge-only trial that lasted just two days.

Trying to think of a smoking gun-related pun to end this post on but I can't...

I am sure that those of us that have followed this case for a lengthy period have wondered about the significance about the vehicle at the previous CPS building.
Even now we are debating the link to the car and RA.
I have been thinking that it is the way it was parked that matters.
RA has basically admitted he parked on that stretch of road but made reference to being at the old farm or barn building or something like that
.I am thinking that he was known for backing his vehicle in parking spaces and that is one way to connect him to that spot. Maybe he even parked it at an old angle .
I know people back into spaces and it's not crazy but most do that on occasion.
Those that do it regularly are in a less common group.
Especially those that back in and take 2 spaces

JMO

I was just thinking about how all this time there has been so much debate over what was on BG’s head. I couldn’t decide myself. And now when I look at the unenhanced video, it seems so obvious to me that he is wearing a beanie hat with a hood behind his head. The enhanced video obscures this to the point it is more confusing imo.

Perhaps it’s the existence of these photos making me see this. But to me, this all matches perfectly now. MOO

Edit: illustrated what I see now

I thought it looked like he has a black hoodie underneath, which was seen by some witnesses.

Is there any reason that connecting him to that spot is important? Like you said, he offered that he had parked there. Can the killer be tied to that spot?

It just helps fits the time and storyline. If you watch the video by GH on Youtube, someone posted it on the last thread too. It ties the whole thing together,

Is there any reason that connecting him to that spot is important? Like you said, he offered that he had parked there. Can the killer be tied to that spot?
I would assume so.
It has been the only parking space that LE has been interested in.
The timing of the man walking towards that spot ( I don't remember exactly)was between 3:45, and 4:00 PM

RA says he ws on the trail until about 3;30.

The man the woman reported was muddy and bloody.
Maybe it all comnects the dots in a way that shows how and when he left the area.

JMO

Since BG was witnessed walking on the side of the road towards where the old CPS building would be, if that was the only car in the parking lot at the time, and they can prove it was his car at the old CPS building that puts another tie to him being BG.

If I remember correctly, it was a date?

JMO
Yes!
I mean, I make typos all the time. But I don't fill out documents to get people arrested. This does not inspire confidence.

Investigators spoke with ****, who stated that she was traveling East on 300 North on February 13th, 2022 and observed a male subject walking west, on the North side of 300 North, away from the Monon High Bridge. **** advised that the male subject was wearing a blue colored jacket and blue jeans and was muddy and bloody. She further stated, that it appeared he had gotten into a fight.

"A civilian FBI employee mislabeled or misfiled tip information in the system, which means it didn’t show up in the correct location during a data search. As the case stalled, police went back to the very beginning of the investigation. That’s when they discovered the interview with Allen that prompted them to take a closer look."
Which begs the obvious question, if the RA interview was misfiled and unavailable 6 years ago, how was it suddenly there when "police went back to the very beginning of the investigation"?

I am sure that those of us that have followed this case for a lengthy period have wondered about the significance about the vehicle at the previous CPS building.
Even now we are debating the link to the car and RA.
I have been thinking that it is the way it was parked that matters.
RA has basically admitted he parked on that stretch of road but made reference to being at the old farm or barn building or something like that
.I am thinking that he was known for backing his vehicle in parking spaces and that is one way to connect him to that spot. Maybe he even parked it at an old angle .
I know people back into spaces and it's not crazy but most do that on occasion.
Those that do it regularly are in a less common group.
Especially those that back in and take 2 spaces

JMO
Here's what I find interesting about the parking spot. RA,even if he parked in a manner which hid his license plate and was oddly close to the building, willingly chose to park in a public and visible location.

Personally, and contrary to what I thought early on in this case, I believe RA came to the trails fully planning to find L and A at the bridge that afternoon. I also believe the bridge was a somewhat impulsive decision on the girls' part, but RA was watching L's SM and found out shortly before they left, that they were going. We know it's likely RA was familiar with the trails and the bridge, where to park, etc. I do not think he planned this well in advance, though, or had the CS location in his mind, because otherwise he could have parked in the cemetery, or the south private drive, and had his car better hidden. But I don't think he necessarily knew he could get to that particular spot by walking directly behind the cemetery, or get to the south end of the bridge via that private drive. I think he got to the bridge and basically winged it. I've always thought more likely happened in the woods directly down the hill, before crossing the creek.

Yes!
I mean, I make typos all the time. But I don't fill out documents to get people arrested. This does not inspire confidence.

Investigators spoke with ****, who stated that she was traveling East on 300 North on February 13th, 2022 and observed a male subject walking west, on the North side of 300 North, away from the Monon High Bridge. **** advised that the male subject was wearing a blue colored jacket and blue jeans and was muddy and bloody. She further stated, that it appeared he had gotten into a fight.

Yep.
My daughter and I were reading it the first day that it was available.
When I read that sentence out loud, we both stopped and looked at each other.
She said, "huh?"
And my response was, "tsk.. sloppy, sloppy sloppy!"

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads