Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #159

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s charged with felony murder with kidnapping as the underlying felony offense.

IMO based only on what we’ve seen publicly, I’d expect no problem at all convincing a jury or judge that he’s guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

He is literally on audio & video kidnapping the girls at gunpoint to the location where they were murdered.

The only way he could dodge guilt on this would be by arguing that the BG on Libby’s phone isn’t him. That would be an uphill battle to put it mildly IMO
IMO
Completely agree. Felony Murder is the charge and MOO looks secure.

Richard Allen's attorneys had me questioning the PCA after the hearing. After reading it now, the gun evidence (which I believe there will be more to come) definitely makes me have confidence that "he's the guy." His defense attorney is "good" but not as good as the evidence that I feel will be shown if a trial is held.

Continued prayers for the family and friends of the girls. This is a new chapter they are in. It has to be very rough.

One major question I've always had about this case is why in the hell the killer made the girls, and himself, cross the creek. JH told us all the reenactments are inaccurate.

What if RA made the girls go DTH, and right there in the woods below the bridge, made them undress and whatever else. :( IDK. Likely, L's phone was not in her hand, but somewhere on the ground. If, by chance, they were still there at 3:11 when L's dad called her phone (or even just anyone called), maybe the phone ringing, and possibly L saying her dad was looking for them, freaked RA out and he was worried he'd get caught, so he ordered them to toss their clothes near the water, cross the creek, killed them and tried to hide them, then tried to sneak out through the woods, up to the road, maybe through the fields, all to avoid the trail and L's dad.

I wonder what Carter said upon finding out that the fbi of all people messed up.
Blame game. CCSO is the proper investigating agency, with support from ISP and FBI. The CCSO is has really not been professional and this gigantic error is the result of that.
This is not a lost “tip” per se, but a failure to follow police procedure and faithfully use a crime flow map, and timeline checklist. “The FBI” did it is a convenient cop out and cover.

Apologize if this has already been stated in the last 18 pages which I'm trying to catch up on but...

I looked up last the night the stock market activity for February 13, 2017
Dow Jones Close 2/13/17 Stock Market Closing Prices
Apparently the Dow Jones/markets set an all-time high that day (though way surpassed since). Common knowledge that people check their portfolios on days when market is up way more often than when market is down. He may not have owned individual stocks but he/wife could have maintained a market-indexed Union pension plan account or similar. Aside from owning a middle-class house outright, and owning a gun(s) that wasn't cheap, could be clues that perhaps the family asset wealth was fairly high if they also had some Investments. All that to say there would be some validity that he was interested in the stock ticker that day if all-time highs were reached and their account values were increasing to unbeforeseen balances - and that years later he would remember doing that on that day while walking between bridges. (No way he was looking at his phone while in the midst of crossing the dilapidated High Bridge, but on the way there, maybe so.)

Offset of course by the premise that if you were on your way to commit a double-murder which could result in the death penalty, what would it really matter if your investment balance was increasing but you couldn't use the $$ for anything?

Yes!
I mean, I make typos all the time. But I don't fill out documents to get people arrested. This does not inspire confidence.

Investigators spoke with ****, who stated that she was traveling East on 300 North on February 13th, 2022 and observed a male subject walking west, on the North side of 300 North, away from the Monon High Bridge. **** advised that the male subject was wearing a blue colored jacket and blue jeans and was muddy and bloody. She further stated, that it appeared he had gotten into a fight.
I'm not even surprised. The alias, typo. There was also the wrong month on one of the courts websites for a while, so having another typo in the PCA is really not surprising.

I've dealt with a lot of PCAs in my career and have seen an incredible amount of typos. So the 2022 typo isn't surprising, especially since when you're using some software programs when you type the date it'll automatically assume the current year and autofill that for you.

In answer to what are now repeated claims that the defense has a resource in the similarity of RA's Sig Sauer P226 to the standard Indiana State Police officer's Sig Sauer P227, I'll risk repeating a point that's overlooked in such posts:

The Wikipedia page for the P226:

From there:
The SIG Sauer P226 is a full-sized, service pistol made by SIG Sauer. This model is sold with a choice of four chambers to choose from: the 9×19mm Parabellum, .40 S&W, .357 SIG, or .22 Long Rifle.

RA has the .40 version. The unspent cartridge from the crime scene is also .40.

The P227 introduced a double-stack .45 ACP caliber handgun into the SIG Sauer lineup.

It comes only in .45 ACP. This is what an Indiana cop might accidentally, never mind how, drop on a crime scene.

A forensic tech handed RA's Sig Sauer and a .45 round from a crime scene will not do extended analysis of tiny scratch marks to tell if that round came from that gun. He will inform you that the CS cartridge is too fat to ever chamber in RA's gun.

View attachment 384039

ISP aren't the only law enforcement agency in Indiana... Jefferson PD for example, 25 miles up the road, issues the SIG P226 40mm (http://services.cityofjeff.net/WebL...ille_Police_Department_Policy_Manual 2017.pdf), only one of a handful of LEAs in the US that do, by the looks of it.

Disclaimer: I'm not saying I believe this is what happened, I'm just poking and asking provocative questions. I think it's fair to do that.

In the last thread it was mentioned that RA saying he'd never lent his gun out was painting himself into a corner, I wonder if he was so willing to discuss his gun with LE because he knew the girls weren't killed by gun so he thought talking about his gun would not implicate him in the murders.

JMO.

YES! We are seeing only the top of the iceberg at the moment.

There is much more to come.

I’ll be fascinated to see digital forensics on this.

Thank you, @WildHuncher — the visuals are great.

Suggesting a different caliber size would match RA’s (never-loaned, never-lost) gun isn’t introducing reasonable doubt, it’s engaging in specious fantasizing.

JMO.
I don't think anybody here - not that I've seen - has suggested a .45 would fit in a .40 barrel. But the idea that RA is the only person to own 40mm ammunition is a stretch, so the forensics on that have to be ROCK SOLID. IMO.

In answer to what are now repeated claims that the defense has a resource in the similarity of RA's Sig Sauer P226 to the standard Indiana State Police officer's Sig Sauer P227, I'll risk repeating a point that's overlooked in such posts:

The Wikipedia page for the P226:

From there:
The SIG Sauer P226 is a full-sized, service pistol made by SIG Sauer. This model is sold with a choice of four chambers to choose from: the 9×19mm Parabellum, .40 S&W, .357 SIG, or .22 Long Rifle.

RA has the .40 version. The unspent cartridge from the crime scene is also .40.

The P227 introduced a double-stack .45 ACP caliber handgun into the SIG Sauer lineup.

It comes only in .45 ACP. This is what an Indiana cop might accidentally, never mind how, drop on a crime scene.

A forensic tech handed RA's Sig Sauer and a .45 round from a crime scene will not do extended analysis of tiny scratch marks to tell if that round came from that gun. He will inform you that the CS cartridge is too fat to ever chamber in RA's gun.

View attachment 384039
Great visual for those not familiar with this particular firearm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998