Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #159

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just learned that this Richard Allen guy went to the police back in 2017. He told them that he was on the trails on that day and roughly the same time as the girls went missing. He went as far as telling them he was wearing similar clothes as the man on the video that "victim 2" had on her phone. I mean how in the world did no one look at him hard back then. We all know that guilty people have been known to insert themselves into an investigation on a crime that they committed. Plus just IMO, I don't think he trusted that there were no witnesses. I feel like he thought he had answer a question before it was asked. Thoughts?

Do you think it will ultimately come to light, how something so critical was excluded for so long?

I’m not inclined to simply believe the defense since they don’t mention the name of the Conservation Officer or the store which could result in verification. Now with the gag order the prosecution and LE can’t elaborate.

Edited by me
Yes I think the Conservation Officer will be a witness and the details of contact with RA will be known.

I just learned that this Richard Allen guy went to the police back in 2017. He told them that he was on the trails on that day and roughly the same time as the girls went missing. He went as far as telling them he was wearing similar clothes as the man on the video that "victim 2" had on her phone. I mean how in the world did no one look at him hard back then. We all know that guilty people have been known to insert themselves into an investigation on a crime that they committed. Plus just IMO, I don't think he trusted that there were no witnesses. I feel like he thought he had answer a question before it was asked. Thoughts?
Pretty much what I think. Working on the belief RA is BG, he knew he had been seen by others on the trail. He also knew his work meant dealing with the public. At any time one of those others could have popped into the CVS and made the connection, so he gave himself an alibi near to the scene to distract from those witnesses. Silly as that seems, it worked for almost 6 years.

Its been so long since I have posted..but have been following along for forever but I have a few questions
I find it interesting that RA stated his wife had to leave their home. She was there during the search warrant- the arrest was about 7-10 days later. Was she still there at the time of arrest or had she already left?
What do you think they were looking for in the burn pit in RA’s back yard
<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone else remember that, during the very first or second police press conference after A and L were found deceased, that the police chief, I believe it was, made the statement (paraphrased) ... "Parents need to know what their kids are doing online." ? I've tried to go back and find the specific news conference but I'm not very good at being able to find old news videos, etc. But it seems to me that LE had a pretty good idea way back then what had probably taken place. At the time, we had a discussion here about catfishing and most seemed to think the officer had said as much in that statement.

I don’t have time now but I go back to the first few threads and i sometimes can find things there.

Jmo

Pretty much what I think. Working on the belief RA is BG, he knew he had been seen by others on the trail. He also knew his work meant dealing with the public. At any time one of those others could have popped into the CVS and made the connection, so he gave himself an alibi near to the scene to distract from those witnesses. Silly as that seems, it worked for almost 6 years.
In the PCA, a woman stated she went to the bridge, saw a man on the bridge, turned around and went back down the trail. Walking away from the bridge she saw what LE believes to be A & L walking towards the bridge. So, assuming he is the bad guy self-reporting. Not only was he seen, he saw someone see him on the bridge. So when he self reported, he had to put himself on the bridge. And it was between 1:30-3:30, the time of the crime. Wearing clothes that match the man in Libby's video.

Unbelievably, the follow up recommendations at the bottom of the report from the conservation officer that includes this information indicate that LE needs to find the young ladies that Rick told the officer he saw on the trails that day. Maybe they have some information that can help find the bad guy! Smh.

Is it possible to cut-and-paste Twitter responses to these threads rather than just providing a link? I have Twitter blocked on my computer.

He may of had it faced backwards because he planned to force at least one live child in there and ,it has to be backed in for that. Otherwise someone might see you sticking a kid in the back of the hatch. IMO.but maybe he didnt plan on taking 2 .

I think if the original intent was to abduct one or more live persons, he would have parked much closer. Moving them from the bridge all the way back to the CPS building alive would have been about as risky as it gets. I'm stuck on either an intent to kill or an intent to confront that went awry. And based on the timeline, I have a tough time believing it was random either.

But did they look?

If they found a bullet a few feet from the crime scene that was never fired, was not the murder weapon, and had no blood or dna or fingerprints on it, the obvious question to ask is "How unusual is that?"

The obvious investigative step is to run a metal detector over the adjoining area (and beyond just the crime scene). If that was the only bullet, it makes more sense to presume it may have been related to the crime. Especially since there was presumably no independent evidence that any gun was involved in the crime - the girls saying "gun" is suggestive but could have been expressing a subjective fear (like when they said he was creepy).

If there were 1000 bullets of the same type (this is the USA) then that one being there says very little. If there were 1000 and 50 seemed to have marks that could have matched RAs gun, then the one bullet is all but meaningless and not even probable cause IMO.

Doing a thorough investigation rather than assuming things is good practice. There were two other suspects RL and KAK that were suspected based on circumstantial links to the crime scene and/or communications with the girls. RA is the latest, but it has to be proven.
RL and KAK were never charged, so they never met the same level of proof needed for that. Also, there were massive amounts of searchers combing through the woods, and then LE searched it for investigative purposes after the bodies were found. Why would we assume that they didn't look for other cartridges?

I doubt that the info regarding what RA was wearing that day was given to the CO. I think that was given to LE this October.
Yeah unless they are withholding parts of that interview which I don't think they were it was probably not even a question they asked him.

Yeah unless they are withholding parts of that interview which I don't think they were it was probably not even a question they asked him.

As I just happen to have it on hand, this was it from 2017. As the information he offered is limited, it doesn’t appear he was formally questioned at that time.

844AF366-C96A-4EAE-9072-FDE493AC62D8.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member