Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #159

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: OP upthread was removed due to error>
Image of drop-offs/parking on trails. The CPS and trail head parking is open and can mostly be seen by surrounding the county road. View attachment 384968
RA said in his 2017 statement that he saw cars parked at the High Bridge Trail head. Which parking lot would that be?

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe RA should take the stand at his trial. He must've bumped right into BG on the bridge, being that the witness lady and RA put RA on the bridge right about 2:15. Must've bowled him over to see a near-twin, same clothes and everything.

Ridiculous.

JMO

The purpose of my post was to respond/explain why I did not think RA's fingerprint(s) were on the found round.

MOO Again, I didn't offer an opinion on the strength of the evidence of interpretation of comparison of markings on an ejected round, and I did not refer to ejector marks. I said markings on an ejected round, which I previously opinioned did not exclusively consist of ejector marks.

This, I think is a fact. Fingerprints are much stronger, more established and accepted evidence than the interpretation of comparing markings on a found ejected round and a round ejected for the purpose of comparison. MOO
The brass marking only offer which specific gun the brass cycled through so it is MOO less strong than fingerprints.
In this situation now the specific gun owner is saying they never lend the gun and never have been where the round was discovered.

I think they mean to imply "Look, Rick may have dressed similar to the Bridge Guy, but that's just an unfortunate coincidence. I mean, if he was guilty, he would have destroyed those clothes! But that thought did not even occur to him, because he is not the murderer."
Can two people wear similar clothes? I once showed up for a 5K road race in a warmup suit I'd bought at Walmart earlier that year. Wouldn't you know there was another guy dressed in exactly the same thing? He, too, was a graybeard, balding, white dude built something like a runner.

For all that, I suspect observers could tell us apart. (He was by far the real athlete of the two. He also didn't wear glasses, which is how no one recognizes Superman as Clark Kent.)

You'd think someone would have noticed and remembered there were TWO short stocky guys dressed very similarly on the trails then. RA puts himself where BG had to have been. But no witness saw two. And no one saw RA leaving un-muddy and un-bloody around 3:30 as he has claimed. Heck, no one saw him or anyone like him anywhere at all along the trail after the fateful time of 2:13 PM. He wasn't hiding, after all. He was fish-watching and bench sitting.

I just can't get past it.

Last edited:
Can two people wear similar clothes? I once showed up for a 5K road race in a warmup suit I'd bought at Walmart earlier that year. Wouldn't you know there was another guy dressed in exactly the same thing? He, too, was a graybeard, balding, white dude built something like a runner.

For all that, I suspect observers could tell us apart. (He was by far the real athlete of the two. He also didn't wear glasses, which is how no one recognizes Superman as Clark Kent.)

You'd think someone would have noticed and remembered there were TWO short stocky guys dressed very similarly on the trails then. RA puts himself where BG had to have been. But no witness saw two. And no one saw RA leaving un-muddy and un-bloody around 3:30 as he has claimed. Heck, no one saw him or anyone like him anywhere at all along the trail after the fateful time of 2:13 PM. He wasn't hiding, after all. He was fish-watching and bench sitting.

I just can't get past it.
just as well, I imagine.

I still think the first sketch released was drawn from the video. This could explain a mixture of both. Think about it if the were trying to do a rendering of what they see in the video it would be a sketch. Surely they tried to capture in some way what the person in the video looked like. I seriously believe that was the first sketch released jmho

Iirc you are correct.

But here's the problem with that. SIx years have passed, and if RA has been using his firearm, there will be additional wear. And the markings should no longer match. It reminds me of a certain glove. "If the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit." And an acquittal is exactly what happened.
Thats a good question, I believe that though the tool markings may change slightly due to use, they are still able to match those, the question however is whether or not the markings on an un fired round are unique to the specific firearm, or are they specific to that make etc...

The case is precarious at best sadly

On Feb 15, LE distributed a photo of BG, which was pretty quickly after the girls were discovered. As of yet, we have no idea of when RA supposedly talked to LE.

Delphi Homicide Investigation
Yes, we do know when RA talked to LE. I recall way back on thread one or two, LE mentioned talking to a couple whom had been around the bridge on that day as well as a man whom reported that he had been on the bridge the same day. If I recall correctly it was shortly after the murders, that the “man” reported this.

I just found the following:
“Baldwin and Rozzi write that Allen gave a voluntary statement in February of 2017 to, “a Conservation Officer outside of the local grocery store,” detailing his presence on the Monon High Bridge the day Libby German and Abby Williams were murdered, that Allen was never contacted again by police..”

Also, it was also reported RA talked to LE, shortly after the murders about being in the area of the bridge.

Last edited:
Yep.

Todd: “I just got I’ve seen photos I just received the crime scene photos in the last 48 hrs. It’s all brand new. I’m still processing it what to make of it. It’s a little sad it’s going to be emotional for the families for the public to see these and I’m going to bring them forward and I guess we may not show them today but that’s ok.
But these are of the articles of clothing that were found in the creek.”

[me: did court tv producers decline to show them? Probably. Jmo.]

Court tv: “when you talk about articles of clothing does this suggest there may have been some sort of sexual aspect to what happened to these young girls based upon the clothing you saw in these photos?”

Todd: “I can comment a lot more even about the well actual murders themselves we can wait for that if you like not only from whistleblowers that we have I do know a lot about the murders themselves from the clothes”

Court tv: “let it fly let it fly Chris”

I won’t transcribe more because he goes into lurid speculation presented as fact based on three photos of clothes and his secret source “whistleblower”.
Edited to add, I wonder if Todd paid his “whistleblower” for those photos?
anyone who has been here in WS from the beginning of this case and has been in the basement and listened to the scanner traffic knows what the items are as they found them. He hasn't discovered anything new. He is just trying to sell his book and profit from these poor girls deaths.So sad.

Here's what it looks like if you walked past the cemetery, out onto Country Road 300, PAST THE HOSSIER HARVETSTORE, and to his car. Question: Wouldn't the muddy and bloody man have passed the camera at the the store that confirmed the witness presence that day and the other cars identified in the PCA> ???

That route puts anyone right out in the open for an extended period of time. Makes no sense to me why someone covered in blood would walk that way. Why wouldn't you hug the treeline to the left of the field off of the road when making your escape?? This guy thought to hide his license plate but then decides to walk out in the open for almost a whole mile???!!! I can't get over the stupidity of that. Unless he was in total shock at what he's done which leads me to believe things did not go according to plan.

Also one description of the man on the path puts him in a light blue jacket, with grey or a little brown hair and in a duck canvass type jacket. BG is not in a canvas type jacket.

As a former duck hunter, you don't wear light blue. Duck canvass is brown or light brown to camouflage yourself to the brown foliage of the season. Any other color throws you efforts to conceal yourself from ducks out the window.

I'm having problems with this.

Iirc was a MSM photographer that got the photos of the clothes in the creek. Same one who saw the deer and started lowering his camera and spotted the girls. No link. Just recalling from memory. In my opinion only. I could be incorrect.
BBM

It was a volunteer searcher who discovered the bodies of the Delphi teens, lying in the grass between a group of trees deep in the woods.

“He called his wife who was with us and said we found them. My sister came up and she was crying and she said I’m so sorry,” said Patty.

One of the hundreds of volunteers searching for the friends discovered their bodies in a remote area about 50 feet from the banks of Deer Creek. They were about three-quarters of a mile from an abandoned railroad bridge where the girls were dropped off Monday to go hiking.

BBM

It was a volunteer searcher who discovered the bodies of the Delphi teens, lying in the grass between a group of trees deep in the woods.

“He called his wife who was with us and said we found them. My sister came up and she was crying and she said I’m so sorry,” said Patty.

One of the hundreds of volunteers searching for the friends discovered their bodies in a remote area about 50 feet from the banks of Deer Creek. They were about three-quarters of a mile from an abandoned railroad bridge where the girls were dropped off Monday to go hiking.

Thank you

Here's what it looks like if you walked past the cemetery, out onto Country Road 300, PAST THE HOSSIER HARVETSTORE, and to his car. Question: Wouldn't the muddy and bloody man have passed the camera at the the store that confirmed the witness presence that day and the other cars identified in the PCA> ???

That route puts anyone right out in the open for an extended period of time. Makes no sense to me why someone covered in blood would walk that way. Why wouldn't you hug the treeline to the left of the field off of the road when making your escape?? This guy thought to hide his license plate but then decides to walk out in the open for almost a whole mile???!!! I can't get over the stupidity of that. Unless he was in total shock at what he's done which leads me to believe things did not go according to plan.

Also one description of the man on the path puts him in a light blue jacket, with grey or a little brown hair and in a duck canvass type jacket. BG is not in a canvas type jacket.

As a former duck hunter, you don't wear light blue. Duck canvass is brown or light brown to camouflage yourself to the brown foliage of the season. Any other color throws you efforts to conceal yourself from ducks out the window.

I'm having problems with this.

I think he was forced to go that way back to his car because he was covered in blood and DG was there looking for the girls by the time he left.

Early in the investigation (after the photograph and audio had been released), many of us speculated that BG must have been extremely cunning and possibly a SK OR he was extremely lucky not to have been arrested.

Based on what we now know, RA was extremely lucky that he was not questioned by LE and arrested in the first few weeks.

He has had the benefit of an extra 5 years being a free man after committing these heinous crimes IMO.

LE will have their ducks lined up and will present the info when the proper time comes.

I read that here, but have not seen a link so I'm not at all sure.
I believe they said it both in their episode on the PCA and in their most recent episode with the prosecutors podcast people. They said they'd known about the bullet for a while but hadn't published it because their source asked them not to. It sounded like other journalists knew about it as well.

Other tidbits from their most recent podcast:
  • their sources seem to indicate that LE doesn't currently know of any connection between RA and KAK, but they are looking hard. It kind of sounds like LE thought they were on the right track with KAK and then had the RA thing dropped on them out of the blue by whoever was reviewing the old case and tips.
  • The local lawyers they've talked to say that RA's defense attorneys are very respected in the legal community around there. They will provide a very competent defense. The MS people were impressed by them at the hearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44