Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #159

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to throw out a couple thoughts about RA talking about having been there when he was. I believe he talked to the Conservation Officer because they had said they wanted to speak to anybody who had been there that afternoon, and he was afraid someone would mention seeing him there. I'm guessing that he did it before it was known that they had the video and audio, and that he would have been much less likely to volunteer the information if he had realized that she had recorded him.

What I've been wondering is if the person who took his statement may have just told them that he(?) had talked to him and he hadn't seen anything, so they had his statement filed with others who had nothing to offer. However it happened, I hope it doesn't affect the outcome of the case if he is the right person. I know I could never be on the jury if/when he goes to trial, though, because I'm not sure there's anything they could say or show that would convince me that he wasn't involved and almost certainly the actual murderer. MOO

Yes

I suppose his main goal was not to pass anyone on foot on the trails

I am not sure you'd be so worried about passing cars. Not surprising he took the most direct route
I agree with this. If I drive by someone on the side of the road, I may or may not take much notice of them. Drivers might be distracted by a phone call, talking to someone in the car, kids in the car, etc. and either way, it's a very quick look as you pass someone. Now, luckily we DID have a driver who noticed that he was muddy and bloody. But that was bad luck for RA, good luck for us.

However if I walk past a bloody person on the trail at close range, I am absolutely going to notice them.

Once LE had his name it was easy for them to see what vehicles he owned, if he had any registered weapons, and compared him to the sketches they probably knew they were on to something.

Jmo

Still think he was surveilled for a bit.

Once LE had his name it was easy for them to see what vehicles he owned, if he had any registered weapons, and compared him to the sketches they probably knew they were on to something.

Jmo

Still think he was surveilled for a bit.
Agreed, and why it's so frustrating, since they had his name within a few days of the murders.

I just want to throw out a couple thoughts about RA talking about having been there when he was. I believe he talked to the Conservation Officer because they had said they wanted to speak to anybody who had been there that afternoon, and he was afraid someone would mention seeing him there. I'm guessing that he did it before it was known that they had the video and audio, and that he would have been much less likely to volunteer the information if he had realized that she had recorded him.

What I've been wondering is if the person who took his statement may have just told them that he(?) had talked to him and he hadn't seen anything, so they had his statement filed with others who had nothing to offer. However it happened, I hope it doesn't affect the outcome of the case if he is the right person. I know I could never be on the jury if/when he goes to trial, though, because I'm not sure there's anything they could say or show that would convince me that he wasn't involved and almost certainly the actual murderer. MOO

Imo the way RA’s attys described RA’s 2017 talk with the CO in their press release makes it sound impromptu - a meeting that took place “outside the local grocery store.”

Have to doubt RA went to the local grocery store w the specific purpose of meeting an officer outside to file his witness report! And this location certainly is not where any professional LEO would choose to conduct a witness interview.

JMO so I assume RA & the CO were both at the local grocery store for the normal reason, to shop, and that their conversation started off socially because they knew each other.

Sorry don’t want to repeat a bunch of stuff I wrote pages ago lol…. so I’ll just say I figure IMOO that RA hadn’t planned or thought through what to say when tipping himself in. He probably figured that if he stuck to the truth and omitted only the one part, at least he wouldn’t have to worry about remembering to keep his story straight… imo

Anyway my actual reply point was…. if indeed this CO & RA were friendly enough to stop & talk at the grocery store, it’s easy to see how RA’s tip might have wound up in the “trusted / unverified” category. The crazy part is that it managed to stay there for almost six years!!

The tip was still somehow associated with the file, as it was (purportedly) picked up from there this October … how could it have hung out in plain sight like that while LE put up billboards around the country etc?

Was the “very helpful” pharm tech RA, whose CVS was just two blocks / 1000 feet / .2 miles / .3 km from the Carroll Co sheriff’s office, so friendly with all these guys that he somehow managed to charm them out of taking that report seriously??
JMO

I'm guessing there was/are not (fingerprints matching RA). A fingerprint is certainly stronger evidence than comparing markings on an ejected round. The unspent round is important to the PCA so I think a fingerprint would have been reported. I also think there is no DNA matched to RA on the round. MOO

Re DNA … maybe I’m totally missing something here, someone please correct if wrong!

but AFAIK since RA had no previous criminal record, LE probably wouldnt have his DNA on file prior to his arrest (IE at the time the PCA was written, describing the bullet evidence et al).

Once he’s arrested he has to submit DNA I believe. So altho LE could’ve gotten a warrant for his DNA or collected it surreptitiously if necessary, maybe they were good with what they had in the PCA & waiting on any DNA analysis til post-arrest.
JMO

I wonder what the odds are of people close to BG are now new members?

Edit: Because I am always cautious and hesitant to believe anything that new members say, who’ve joined right before LE has dropped a huge bomb in this case. And even those who’ve joined soon after.

mOO ymmv JMVHO

Last edited:
It happens quite often here.
Folks close to the perp or the victim tend to show up wanting to discuss things, correct misconceptions, etc.
I understand, I'd probably be compelled to do the same.

jmo
And the ones that join who are close to the perp, I always wonder if they’re an accessory.
**Edit to add: Which again is why I’m weary of these new members.

jmo ymmv

Last edited:

Edit: Because I am always cautious and hesitant to believe anything that new members who’ve joined right before LE has dropped a huge bomb in this case, say. And sometimes even soon after.

mOO ymmv JMVHO

It was the murder of Brooke Bennett 2008 that brought me here, i googled for info on the case not being from that area and found this site, Websleuths.
I will say that a poster on that thread was from there and we chatted a bit about it.

Thats how I found Websleuths.

Hey Everyone,
I need your help. We need to recognize the great work our moderators do on Websleuths. If you could donate even a dollar to our yearly moderator fundraiser that would be great. Please use one of the following apps to donate
PayPal
Pay Websleuths.com using PayPal.Me
Venmo name Tricia-Griffith-14
OR
Cash App $tgrif14
Bank to Bank using zelle please use the email address triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
Please be sure to put in the memo "FOR THE MODS"

We understand not everyone can donate. Without donating you can still let our mods know how much you appreciate their work by posting a note of thanks on THIS THREAD if you cannot donate.

Every penny raised goes to the moderators.

Tricia

Last edited:

Edit: Because I am always cautious and hesitant to believe anything that new members say, who’ve joined right before LE has dropped a huge bomb in this case. And even those who’ve joined soon after.

mOO ymmv JMVHO
the defense is probably in this forum

There is mention of another vehicle in the PCA. I don't know the timing or movements of that vehicle, but is it possible that RA was picked up by the driver of that vehicle and that is why he doesn't appear on the HH store camera?

JMO
No, statements in the PCA tie police to the theory and eye witness account of someone resembling RA walking toward a vehicle resembling his vehicle at the time. (Of course this eye witness didn't know it was RA until the arrest. But now she's sure it was RA.) MOO

I figure if RA's statements lock him in, then the statements made in a PCA lock them in, too.

Yeah on the plain evidence he’s just so done it’s hard to find more to say about it IMO

A technology-related Q for anyone w relevant knowledge- the PCA quotes the original 2017 “tip narrative” saying:

His cellphone did not list an IMEI

Anyone know why or how his cellphone would not list an IMEI (in 2017) ?
AFAIK a IMEI is a factory-installed unique identifier for tracking…. but no idea what it means for a phone to not “list” it ??

Burner phone possibly?

Here's what it looks like if you walked past the cemetery, out onto Country Road 300, PAST THE HOSSIER HARVETSTORE, and to his car. Question: Wouldn't the muddy and bloody man have passed the camera at the the store that confirmed the witness presence that day and the other cars identified in the PCA> ???

That route puts anyone right out in the open for an extended period of time. Makes no sense to me why someone covered in blood would walk that way. Why wouldn't you hug the treeline to the left of the field off of the road when making your escape?? This guy thought to hide his license plate but then decides to walk out in the open for almost a whole mile???!!! I can't get over the stupidity of that. Unless he was in total shock at what he's done which leads me to believe things did not go according to plan.

Also one description of the man on the path puts him in a light blue jacket, with grey or a little brown hair and in a duck canvass type jacket. BG is not in a canvas type jacket.

As a former duck hunter, you don't wear light blue. Duck canvass is brown or light brown to camouflage yourself to the brown foliage of the season. Any other color throws you efforts to conceal yourself from ducks out the window.

I'm having problems with this.

"I'm having problems with this." Me too!

If the crime photos end up online, I will be extremely upset. Especially knowing the likes of KK have a habit of searching for images such as this for their sick fantasies.
I suspect they will, along with the unlimited numbers of other crime scene photos such as the Black Dahlia, Dahmer, Gein, Tate-Labianca, etc. There's actually a market for that sort of thing. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken