Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #87

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Indiana State Police released a photo on February 15 that was taken from Libby’s cell phone that depicted a man walking along the railroad tracks. Libby was heralded as a “hero” by state police for having the presence of mind to begin recording.”
One Year Later: Why the Delphi case isn't cold

Aside from the above, LE has not said if it’s known precisely why Libby began recording.

This is just my opinion but by following this case for quite some time, I firmly believe LE has nothing additional to release that would assist anyone in identifying the killer. I think they’ve already given it their all out, their best shot. Any further details might serve to satisfy the curiosity of the public but it will not assist in useful tips leading toward the identity of the perp.
It could be that any other pics or details would only be known to the Perp. Releasing them to the public could compromise a conviction.

Amateur opinion and speculation.

It could be that any other pics or details would only be known to the Perp. Releasing them to the public could compromise a conviction.

Amateur opinion and speculation.

Yes, that’s probably their rationale. I’m still perplexed though as to why they couldn’t give the public something just a little more. Another snapshot of BM. Or a video snip that shows just a couple seconds of his gait. I struggle to understand how that would really be something only known the the perp. What has been released is so hard to go on. The photo especially. No facial features, blurry, etc. hard to even see his hair.

But I’m certainly amateur as well! LE much wiser than I, no doubt.

Yes, that’s probably their rationale. I’m still perplexed though as to why they couldn’t give the public something just a little more. Another snapshot of BM. Or a video snip that shows just a couple seconds of his gait. I struggle to understand how that would really be something only known the the perp. What has been released is so hard to go on. The photo especially. No facial features, blurry, etc. hard to even see his hair.

I don’t think better images of BG from Liberty’s phone exist it wouldn’t make any sense for them not to release them. I think the phone was in Liberty’s pocket when the “down the hill” audio was recorded she wouldn’t have stood recording him with him right beside her as I’m sure he would have grabbed the phone out her hand.

Law enforcement have said previously that they have had the FBI and NASA involved in enhancing the image.

It’s been suggested the image of BG was taken during a swiping motion of Libby’s cellphone, perhaps by her having held the cellphone low and behind her without the perp being aware of her movements. That makes sense to me as it could be the reason her cellphone wasn’t taken or destroyed by the killer.

Therefore it’s highly possible there’s no constant video revealing the man’s gait.

FBI is reported to have sought assistance of both Disney and NASA in clarifying the image as best as possible. The distance it was taken from is also greater than would appear by the photo. While I don’t have the interview at hand, LE has commented on the criticism of the “blurry” photo several times suggesting considering what they had to work with, it’s the best there is.

Grayhuze has created several videos in an effort to determine when and where the video of BG was taken. The link is at the beginning of each thread and might be of interest to you.

It’s been suggested the image of BG was taken during a swiping motion of Libby’s cellphone, perhaps by her having held the cellphone low and behind her without the perp being aware of her movements. That makes sense to me as it could be the reason her cellphone wasn’t taken or destroyed by the killer.

Therefore it’s highly possible there’s no constant video revealing the man’s gait.

FBI is reported to have sought assistance of both Disney and NASA in clarifying the image as best as possible. The distance it was taken from is also greater than would appear by the photo. While I don’t have the interview at hand, LE has commented on the criticism of the “blurry” photo several times suggesting considering what they had to work with, it’s the best there is.

Grayhuze has created several videos in an effort to determine when and where the video of BG was taken. The link is at the beginning of each thread and might be of interest to you.

Thanks. This does make sense- that the image has already been enhanced from something even more minuscule, and that it didn’t come with more images. I was under the impression LE had more (maybe from the recent re-asking of the public’s help). But I didn’t have the background of previously following the case. Thanks all.

Well thought out post.

I completely agree with you that this was a very well thought out crime. He probably watched the bridge and knew that if someone wasn't coming up from behind him in the turn of the road, he could cross the bridge and get to the girls before anyone would have gotten to starting across the bridge. He was probably walking very swiftly across the bridge to get to the girls which would have alerted them. he also knew that the other side down the hill was isolated.

I think he forced them across the creek (which he knew was low) so that he could kill them and then come back up the north end of the area so as to either come back up to his car at the cemetery or back up and around to the regular parking lot.

This was incredibly well planned. They guy has to be intelligent in some ways as to plan it this well.

Yes, he seems to me to be well prepared. How many times could he have possibly been lurking about the Monon High Bridge (or other trails) with hunting females on his mind and nothing came from it? Just a theory and my opinion, but it does make me wonder if he had prior attacks, beyond scoping the scene, where he outrighted failed and the potential victim got away.

IMO- just thinking.

HLN just did a great snippet about this case and played the audio of BG right in between coverage of Kelsey Berreth’s case. Mike Patty also appeared. They said they’ve received 450 new tips since the PC.

Also reminder about today’s special on tv:
HLN
“The Delphi Murders”
Today at 2pm
2/20/19

First time posting I did read the first 6 threads then the time line thread and this thread. I pray for these families and for BG to be found soon, I can imagine what else is on her phone and why it can't/shouldn't be released. As far as gun shots I live in very rural place too and if I heard gun shots I wouldn't think anything of it. But if later there's news of a horrible double murder I would recall those gun shots. I hope that makes sense.

First time posting I did read the first 6 threads then the time line thread and this thread. I pray for these families and for BG to be found soon, I can imagine what else is on her phone and why it can't/shouldn't be released. As far as gun shots I live in very rural place too and if I heard gun shots I wouldn't think anything of it. But if later there's news of a horrible double murder I would recall those gun shots. I hope that makes sense.

Welcome!

It may be that the still shots and audio are the absolute best they could get from her phone records to use. The rest might be completely dark and the audio muffled (as in... her phone is in her back pocket and running).

I still have plenty of optimism that this case will be solved. Hopefully soon.

HLN just did a great snippet about this case and played the audio of BG right in between coverage of Kelsey Berreth’s case. Mike Patty also appeared. They said they’ve received 450 new tips since the PC.

Also reminder about today’s special on tv:
HLN
“The Delphi Murders”
Today at 2pm
2/20/19

Hln is airing their special again, now. How great it generated leads!

It may be that the still shots and audio are the absolute best they could get from her phone records to use. The rest might be completely dark and the audio muffled (as in... her phone is in her back pocket and running).

Previously the police have confirmed there was more audio, including a mention of the man behind the girls. Maybe just nothing more of BG to be heard, or nothing which would not compromise the investigation.
https://www.wthr.com/article/police...of-man-behind-them-in-audio-played-for-family

Attachments

• upload_2019-2-20_19-12-31.png
    upload_2019-2-20_19-12-31.png
    342 KB · Views: 14
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics