Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #87

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question ... would it really compromise the conviction process much if the public were given access to more of what was recorded by phone?

I go back on forth on what else can possibly be recorded of him that wouldn't help to distribute among the public in hopes of more tips. Could he possibly have only said, "down the hill?" and that's all of him that's recorded?

Re: speculation above that he says their name, again I ask, why not release that recording if they had it?

In my opinion, if he did know their names, they obviously didn't recognize him as they never referred to him as a known or recognized individual (source)
We don't know how the girls referred to the man.

In the case of Holly Grim, we waited years to get an arrest. It absolutely felt like it would never be solved. There was nothing. No leads, no POI's, just nothing.
Turns out it was a coworker who they were onto almost from day one. They were very, very tight lipped about him.
He's currently awaiting trial.

I just keep thinking they have partial DNA of a person with a strong enough alibi.

I keep wondering where and on what this mysterious dna was found on. Surely if they had even partial dna that was left on the victims it would have been used by partial replication through codis/genealogy database to at least get a familiar match...MOO

ETA: I know there is a back log, but after 2 yrs and supposedly being fast tracked I would think they would have a hit by now.

Last edited:
My speculation - maybe they have a DNA sample from something found near the scene (like a cig butt or empty bottle) that isn’t known / proven to be related to the crime..... so part of what they would need is something to establish the connection

ETA: Hahaha two people thinking the exact same thing!

It's possible LE may now know the collected Dna is not connected, but they still want BG to think that they have his DNA JMO. And I have no idea what they do or don't have

Last edited:
After watching the HLN special I have so much admiration of how Liberty’s sister is dealing with this horrendous and devastating tragedy. It is so much for her to cope with having dropped the girl’s off. I hope she achieves her dream of studying forensics. My heart breaks for Liberty’s Grandparents too I have so much respect for them. Abigail’s Mum is also in my prayers I can’t begin to imagine what she is going through.

Sitting down with Mike at his Delphi home this week, he said nearly 40,000 tips have come in since that fateful day.

"While that's a lot to go through, I just hope the one tip we need is in there," he said. "It's the one tip that we're after, the one that really brings this case to a close.

I asked him about the latest tip that circulated late last year when a man out of Randolph County was rumored to be a possible suspect.

"Do you know if that has gone anywhere, or has it been debunked?"

"I wouldn't say it's been debunked. I mean, it's definitely a tip that's been called in. I know they are investigating it, but we have kind of trained ourselves as a family to not get too hyped up until law enforcement has a chance to do their job."

Unsolved: The Delphi murders - A grandfather remembers

I browsed the YouTube rabbit hole, and revisited some old theories, a new theory, and really thought through. Really seems that a couple unrelated arrests would have already resulted in a DNA match for Abby and Libby. I still maintain this person is hiding in plain sight, and could even be in some position of authority.

One thing that is surprising is how very many men resemble the sketch to some degree! Given the delayed release of the sketch, and the “ignore the hat” instructions, I also still believe this may be a composite of various possibilities. Very curious that the recent PC did not include the sketch. And like some have voiced, it could be that they are taunting the killer?

Musing, musing, and praying for justice.

I tend to believe the killer is not local to Delphi or at least not since the murders. According to ISP 1st Sgt in charge of the investigation the sketch was a product of more than one witness. I would imagine at least one of those is local. And in 2 years a witness has not seen this guy at a gas station, hardware store, post office or anywhere in the local area since? If one of them had I would imagine LE would be all over it and we wouldn't have 2 dozen men being looked at by LE.

This was so confusing to me also, how can there not be a threat to the community unless they really feel this was targeted at the girls or their family somehow. Someone generally doesn't go in to woods and kill two girls and never harm anyone again. Even if the perp doesn't hurt anyone again, LE has not way of really knowing that?

There was another case on here awhile back where the police chief said in multiple press conferences that the community was not in danger. I can't remember the girl's name but it was a case in Bedford, TX and she went missing...was out walking her dog at her apartment complex and I think maybe left the dog tied to a fence? And then disappeared? And then turned up later in a dump? I remember the whole time, just feeling outraged that the police chief would say that the community wasn't in danger when there was a missing girl, and then again when it turned out she was dead. But I guess there were drugs involved somehow and that's why (I presume) he thought the rest of the community wasn't in danger...I think they knew that the person who killed her was likely involved from the beginning-and why-but couldn't say anything because they were investigating them.

Of course, that case it was maybe six months that went by from the time she went missing until people knew what happened. This is much longer.

According to one of the last interviews with Sheriff, the girls were specifically targeted. I believe there is a person close to the girls who knows much more and others in the town connected. I also believe LE knows who BG is and has known for quite some time. BG is not local and I have a feeling he is deceased by now.

According to one of the last interviews with Sheriff, the girls were specifically targeted. I believe there is a person close to the girls who knows much more and others in the town connected. I also believe LE knows who BG is and has known for quite some time. BG is not local and I have a feeling he is deceased by now.

If he was dead wouldn't they just come out and say that if they know who he is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie