Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #88

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if my post will be interesting to anyone but I wanted to share incase it is, It's my own opinion, sharing my thoughts out loud. (and they aren't organized, sorry)

I seen it posted earlier (2yrs ago) that some thoughts were that it could be a truck driver. My thoughts were that a driver really wouldn't have time as they are under time constraints, and stuff as mentioned in previous posts. My husband is a truck driver and he told me yesterday he was going to Delphi (I've talked to him about the case) I really wish I was on the trip with him. He picked up his delivery yesterday and doesn't deliver until tomorrow, in his memo from his company it said overnight parking welcome, well I thought nothing about that really... until I spoke to him today (2pm - 3pm EST), he said the building where he delivered is empty not a person in site, no cars in the lot, but the building is open and unlocked. I said maybe its just the lobby area so drivers can use the facilities, he responded he could of went to the warehouse area if he wanted. Which got me to thinking, Maybe BG is a truck driver and he has delivered here several times and had a "day off" and explored the area, which wouldn't be suspicious as that's what historic sites are for? So maybe he's been there several times and had hours to get a feel for the area. I would think tho if BG delivered to this plant, that whoever checked him in would see the sketch and say wow that looks a lot like the dude who delivered today (esp with the reward and no personal ties to BG), unless it was a drop and hook trailer with no personal contact but then why have the 24-36hr lay over unless the had to reset their hours (DOT regulations)... but I would think that LE would investigate any deliveries and drivers for the 12th-13th and maybe even weeks/months before to see if any repeat deliveries were common with that day. The fact that the building is empty gives reason to think that a driver could walk off site and back on and not even be noticed. I'm going to include a map with the trails there is a section of the trail that goes in front of the place my husband delivered to but it doesn't connect with out a main st according to the map. Google said it was a 45 min walk but that was using the road and not as the crow flies... maybe one of the great map makers could make something up, if this has any merit.

Also something that I can't figure out is he said he didn't see anything about the girls, no billboards no memory of, no home of, nothing. Maybe having that stuff would hurt more than help? Thoughts on that please? cause that bothers me.

Also he said he didn't see the monon high bridge from 25 but he will look for it tomorrow when he leaves, to see if he does see it.

When I talk to him tomorrow I'll ask him if he seen anyone to check in or if someone could deliver with out really seeing anyone...

all of this is just my opinion and would love your thoughts on it.

I highlighted in yellow where he delivered

View attachment 176904

Thank you for your post and please thank your husband for his observations.

What he has seen shows that someone does not need to grow up or live there to learn about the area, hiking trails and the bridge.

I too am disheartened to hear that there are no visible signs or posters for this crime visible, especially to visitors, truckers and salespeople passing through. Getting the word out about the suspect should be a top priority, not only to this town and its people but throughout the whole USA.

A big welcome to Websleuths!

Not sure if my post will be interesting to anyone but I wanted to share incase it is, It's my own opinion, sharing my thoughts out loud. (and they aren't organized, sorry)

I seen it posted earlier (2yrs ago) that some thoughts were that it could be a truck driver. My thoughts were that a driver really wouldn't have time as they are under time constraints, and stuff as mentioned in previous posts. My husband is a truck driver and he told me yesterday he was going to Delphi (I've talked to him about the case) I really wish I was on the trip with him. He picked up his delivery yesterday and doesn't deliver until tomorrow, in his memo from his company it said overnight parking welcome, well I thought nothing about that really... until I spoke to him today (2pm - 3pm EST), he said the building where he delivered is empty not a person in site, no cars in the lot, but the building is open and unlocked. I said maybe its just the lobby area so drivers can use the facilities, he responded he could of went to the warehouse area if he wanted. Which got me to thinking, Maybe BG is a truck driver and he has delivered here several times and had a "day off" and explored the area, which wouldn't be suspicious as that's what historic sites are for? So maybe he's been there several times and had hours to get a feel for the area. I would think tho if BG delivered to this plant, that whoever checked him in would see the sketch and say wow that looks a lot like the dude who delivered today (esp with the reward and no personal ties to BG), unless it was a drop and hook trailer with no personal contact but then why have the 24-36hr lay over unless the had to reset their hours (DOT regulations)... but I would think that LE would investigate any deliveries and drivers for the 12th-13th and maybe even weeks/months before to see if any repeat deliveries were common with that day. The fact that the building is empty gives reason to think that a driver could walk off site and back on and not even be noticed. I'm going to include a map with the trails there is a section of the trail that goes in front of the place my husband delivered to but it doesn't connect with out a main st according to the map. Google said it was a 45 min walk but that was using the road and not as the crow flies... maybe one of the great map makers could make something up, if this has any merit.

Also something that I can't figure out is he said he didn't see anything about the girls, no billboards no memory of, no home of, nothing. Maybe having that stuff would hurt more than help? Thoughts on that please? cause that bothers me.

Also he said he didn't see the monon high bridge from 25 but he will look for it tomorrow when he leaves, to see if he does see it.

When I talk to him tomorrow I'll ask him if he seen anyone to check in or if someone could deliver with out really seeing anyone...

all of this is just my opinion and would love your thoughts on it.

I highlighted in yellow where he delivered

View attachment 176904

Dansbia, this is wonderful information. It’s the first real new information in a very long time! It seems like when people talked about truck drivers earlier they were focused on happenings at Indiana Packers, but you just showed truckers have other places in town they delivered to. And that some like the place your husband went to are not closely supervised. Please let us know any other info you might get from your husband.
Very shocking and sad there were no posters or information up about the girls or the investigations. The families seem to be trying so hard to keep the case in the public eye.
Thank you for posting this!

I should be a little more specific, He didn't stop anywhere (truck stop or gas stations or to eat). But I thought there would be some kind of billboard or visible memorial or something someone who doesn't stop would see, maybe to not only get their name out but to honor them. He came from the east (York, PA) and when he left today he went to Walkerton, IN then to Dyer, IN and didn't mention any billboards or anything. There may be fliers on windows or on bulletin boards inside of truck stops.

ETA: He also had contact with people today where he delivered, so most likely someone would of seen BG.

Can I please ask that any leaks about the case especially about the crime scene are not discussed as it could harm the investigation. Discussing this would be detrimental to putting BG behind bars which is what we all want badly. It would also be a breach of Websleuths TOS.

I highly doubt anyone posting here has the ability to post a leak from an official valid source. Law professionals rarely leak anything. This "leak" is probably a leak wanna-be. No worries in my opinion. Don't post anything that is not corroborated... otherwise, it's just a rumor.. we need facts..

99.9% of us here are just reading and talking about what is findable out in the public. We are just total amateurs (with absolutely ZERO inside information) who just care about solving the case.

View attachment 177039

Delphi murders: Dirt moves on Abby & Libby Park, their families’ hands-on, $1M dream

Delphi murders: Dirt moves on Abby & Libby Park, their families’ hands-on, $1M dream

I hope the park becomes a reality.

WGN news in Chicago just did a quick update, saying the park is behind schedule, but is in progress, and discussed the murders briefly. They showed the bridge, the sign for the park, the cleared park site and mahinery, then a quick flash of the sketch. Wish they had shown the suspect photo too. At least they gave it some air time.

The reward money was once $250K but according to social media posts it dropped to $214K. Has this been validated? I'm not sure where and who is monitoring the reward fund.

I wish we knew at the recent press conference they didn’t even seem sure there was still a reward it was an afterthought.

The reward money was once $250K but according to social media posts it dropped to $214K. Has this been validated? I'm not sure where and who is monitoring the reward fund.

I vaguely recall family mentioning at one time they wanted no connection whatsoever to managing the reward money to avoid any and all allegations connected to financial situations. IIRC early on they were highly offended by SM insinuations they were attempting to profit in tragedy,

Now as two years have passed it wouldn’t be surprising if some have decided to withdraw commitment of a reward donation and move it to another worthwhile purpose, maybe the park?

As for who’s managing a reward fund or how it’s being validated, assuming you’re a donor could you not follow up who you donated your money too? Otherwise I don’t think your question would be answered to the general public.

WGN news in Chicago just did a quick update, saying the park is behind schedule, but is in progress, and discussed the murders briefly. They showed the bridge, the sign for the park, the cleared park site and mahinery, then a quick flash of the sketch. Wish they had shown the suspect photo too. At least they gave it some air time.

Thank you very much for this update. I agree any air time is much appreciated.

You know, I think your way and then I think about someone experienced living under bridges. Hope this is solved for the families soon. It's gotta be someone in their site.

Welcome to WS!

Part of my theory from early on has been that BG knows about the bridge, because he looked for it during working hours, or at least how to get to it via C.R. 300. My profile of BG holds that he is a regular working stiff, but might have time on his hands per his occupation.

Was he working that day? My guess is no, he was not, however he may have lied to family members or ? about what he was up to that Monday. His job might bring him to places near to where he will do recon of an area, places he can check out while on the clock, or that he'll come back to later.

I think he recon'd the bridge weeks or months beforehand.

When I visited August of '17, the one poster I saw in Delphi was in color, and it was in the Marathon on U.S. 421 on the south end of town. I visited the canal park near to where your husband dropped the trailer, and there just happened to be a gathering of ISP troopers and their families that day. No posters in the park. I went to Riley Park, again, no posters, and then I walked around town for a couple of hours.

I maintain BG is a SK who, at times, has time on his hands to recon areas for his crimes, and his occupation may allow him time to do so. Truck driver. Contractor of some sort. Etc. He may have certain normal work days of the week off from work, on a regular basis. Also, many people in Illinois had the day off for Lincoln's birthday (state holiday for some workers there).

JMO

Great post, dansbia.

Going out on a limb here but feel many are against my post from a reporter coming upon the scene of this crime. I wasn’t trying to bring up rumors. It was in MSM and for a fact, I saw the tweets from this reporter as it was happening back then. I’ve doubted it like everyone else, but it still stands in MSM and at WS. I will never bring it up again, but to silence or ignore a possible fact gets this case no where. Law enforcement knows what is true and what they saw.

I truly believe this was a man who had been progressing with his sexual urges and acted on them what little that might be. Sneaky flashers, peeping Tom’s, voyeurs etc…Killing was to him his only recourse because his probation would put him back in prison or jail. They escalate after each sneaky crime. He had to eliminate them in his mind. jmo

eta, The reporter is a photographer and was working for a news outlet at the time.

Going out on a limb here but feel many are against my post from a reporter coming upon the scene of this crime. I wasn’t trying to bring up rumors. It was in MSM and for a fact, I saw the tweets from this reporter as it was happening back then. I’ve doubted it like everyone else, but it still stands in MSM and at WS. I will never bring it up again, but to silence or ignore a possible fact gets this case no where. Law enforcement knows what is true and what they saw.

I truly believe this was a man who had been progressing with his sexual urges and acted on them what little that might be. Sneaky flashers, peeping Tom’s, voyeurs etc…Killing was to him his only recourse because his probation would put him back in prison or jail. They escalate after each sneaky crime. He had to eliminate them in his mind. jmo

eta, The reporter is a photographer and was working for a news outlet at the time.

Dontknow you didn’t do anything wrong please know we just don’t want to harm the investigation at all. It is paramount this monster is caught and convicted. There was information leaked in the early days of the case that I cannot discuss or explain further. I don’t want anyone to post it here and we aren’t allowed to post it or discuss it anyway. I hope you and everyone understands.

Dontknow you didn’t do anything wrong please know we just don’t want to harm the investigation at all. It is paramount this monster is caught and convicted. There was information leaked in the early days of the case that I cannot discuss or explain further. I don’t want anyone to post it here and we aren’t allowed to post it or discuss it anyway. I hope you and everyone understands.

I understood that before I posted. After backlash from my post, my thoughts are someone better remove it. Here or the news. jmo Always love your post.

If you report your post you can leave a message for the moderator asking them if they can help. Thank you for understanding.
I don't feel there's a violation so won't flag my own post. It stands on MSM and here. It stands so I will keep in my mind that this creep washed off his DNA which is the point of bringing it up. He did. There still might be some. We don't know. I hope there is and hope it's not the cause of the investigation not making an arrest. Maybe it's going to be solved with ancestry DNA. I have a lot of hope in that.

I don't feel there's a violation so won't flag my own post. It stands on MSM and here. It stands so I will keep in my mind that this creep washed off his DNA which is the point of bringing it up. He did. There still might be some. We don't know. I hope there is and hope it's not the cause of the investigation not making an arrest. Maybe it's going to be solved with ancestry DNA. I have a lot of hope in that.

IMO the various LEOs have ALL of the information, ALL of the details, and here we are, two (2) years later.....

The journalist in question, J. Kyle Keener, was making observations on the day these beautiful young children were found murdered. Those following him that day witnessed his pictures, and his words.

We can only hope, like you have stated, that LE has SOMETHING to work with. Something to bring this monster to justice. And yet, again, here we are two (2) years later.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam