Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #88

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Oct 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Falling Down

Falling Down Well-Known Member

My gut tells me someone knows who he is, based upon what people know about the time frame of the crimes, the images from Libby's phone, etc. Whether they've called in a tip is another story. i just think someone has put it all together and knows BG's identity.

JMO

margarita25, misgrn, gitana1 and 17 others like this.
  2. gregjrichards

gregjrichards Well-Known Member

I have wondered if BG has a wife who suspects he was involved but she is too frightened to go to the cops or the impact it would have on her life. You would hope living with a murderer of two teenage girls would be intolerable and she would feel a moral obligation to go to law enforcement. She could even be providing a false alibi that he was home at the time. He could be divorced, widowed or recently separated at the time of the attack. It is also possible he is single and is fed up being rejected and he exploded with anger that day.

3. Kittybunny

Kittybunny Well-Known Member

This is a great thought, so many times the ex-wife or girlfriend is the one who finally breaks a cold case open when she is free. If they have various POIs on their radar, I do hope they are keeping track of those they're involved with. If not, I guess they just have to hope a tip comes in someday, if it hasn't already.

Given the suspect's estimated age, I tend to think more that he is the latter rather than the former. I think the rejection anger or incel types tend to be younger and also seeking to gain some notoriety or publicity and don't hide their crimes too much.

margarita25, TTF14, Brubon and 13 others like this.
  4. Sleuth15

Sleuth15 Member

I am sure LE is using gait forensics to find a match with someone who walks like the BG. Might be something that could be released to the public, more video of him walking. Everyone has a distinctive gait. The BG appears to be almost striding across the bridge.
    Some of the utube videos of people walking across the bridge show them looking at their shoes and the toes are just off the far side of the bridge timbers..much like you are carefully placing your heel on the timber to be safe. AW appears to be placing her heel just off the near side of the timber. I guess everyone would have their own gait or step to cross the bridge at their comfort zone

margarita25, NYma, Brubon and 7 others like this.
  5. book-thinker

book-thinker Well-Known Member

I use a riverfront trail for walking my dog, some areas along the trail are isolated. I acutely aware of my surrounds at all times.
    If a guy happens to be walking a dog, I feel less threatened walking alone.. But when a guy is walking alone I keep my guard up when walking alone.

My point is someone is less likely to feel threatened if a guy is walking his dog. He would blend in walking a dog on a trail, comparing to a guy walking without a dog on the trail.

I wonder if BG brought alone a dog when scouting out the Monon High bridge trail.
    Feb. 14, 2017 did BG have an accomplice with him.. What if the other person was waiting in the wooded area with a dog.

Everyone's input is important on this tread. I hope you continue to give your thoughts on theories.
    Please take care.
    Book-thinker

margarita25, carbuff, Brubon and 9 others like this.
  6. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

The picture you painted of BG walking across the bridge, reminded me of a sailor walking across a large ship, imo.

7. JnRyan

JnRyan Well-Known Member

I don't believe LE can analyze the killer's gait here and come up with anything because walking on those ties in their weathered condition elevated like that won't be the same as walking across, say, a parking lot. HOWEVER, as you point out someone familiar with this man may still recognize him from a video. And not necessarily his gait, but how he carries himself in general. He may have a particular way he uses his arms/hands, how he moves his head, etc. For some reason LE has chosen to not release even a portion of this video.

8. Jabarn

Jabarn Well-Known Member

All in all, after over two years and no arrest, I think back to when I first learned about this case. At that point, the story was showing up in national news, and the girls were only missing, but the bodies weren’t yet found.

After the girls were found, there was that first huge press conference, with representatives from the Delphi investigative team, the Indiana State Police, and the FBI. I was hopeful the killer would be found. There was a still image(s) from the video and a voice capture presented. I still remember it vividly and thought the guy on the bridge would be caught soon after. Maybe he did, too, IF he was following the case.

In such a predicament, what would he do, if he knew his voice and image had been captured?

9. crhedBngr

crhedBngr Well-Known Member

Ditto this, @gregjrichards . I've wondered if the perp was known and feared within the community, and those with suspicions are too afraid to come forward.

I think we've all seen someone who had a hair-trigger temper, and we've wondered if said person was prone to violence. I know I have, and when this person murdered his girlfriend, I was not surprised.

JMVHO.

10. Laughing

Laughing Rarely Speechless

BBM

Ooooohhh, like the events in Skidmore, Missouri:

Ken McElroy - Wikipedia

JMHO YMMV

margarita25, Brubon, watcher9 and 3 others like this.
  11. Ozoner

Ozoner Well-Known Member

If BG has ever been a part of the community as an adult (for any length of time), then people probably have come forward with their suspicions. Unfortunately, LE's list of names is so long that they probably started by putting anyone without an arrest record at the bottom of the list, and BG may not have an arrest record.

margarita25, Laughing, Brubon and 7 others like this.
  12. Ozoner

Ozoner Well-Known Member

If BG has ever been a part of the community as an adult (for any length of time), then people probably have come forward with their suspicions. Unfortunately, LE's list of names is so long that they probably started by putting anyone without an arrest record at the bottom of the list, and BG may not have an arrest record.

Brubon, watcher9, dotr and 3 others like this.
  13. JudgeJudi

JudgeJudi Well-Known Member

Summary of Gray Hughes latest video, ‘Setting the known facts straight’ (3:10:40)

The girls started walking on the N-W side of the bridge (metal barrier with a tree behind).
    The video of BG was taken from the S-E side. Libby tried to hide her phone by holding it low. LE took 3 stills from the video which were each about 1 second apart. These are cropped images and were part of a much larger field of view.

Image 1.JPG

GH originally thought Libby filmed him from the last platform. In reality, BG was a few feet beyond the last platform, Libby was off the bridge, and Abby was still on the bridge somewhere between the two. All 3 had to be moved forward approx. 90’.
    GH can now place BG very accurately on the bridge. There is a small white 'nodule' (damaged side rail) to the left of BG that can only be seen in the image if you’re off the bridge when filming. This image shows the nodule and a tree on his right. The tree lines up with the tree in the third pic above.

Image 2.jpg

This is how small BG would have looked on the phone video (the person in this image is a friend of GH, not BG). LE would have cropped BG and zoomed the image A LOT. Unfortunately by doing this, the pixels became enlarged, the image became blurry and consequently you can’t make out his facial details. Abby was cropped out of the still but I’ve marked her position in orange.

Image 3.JPG

GH has had conversations with people who have seen the video. He said, “I know what the person did but I can’t tell you”. “What is out there is that the suspect, after killing the girls, went up through the cemetery” which is not visible from the bridge, even in winter. It's 270 yards from the creek.

LE have said they have some DNA but GH heard from someone that the quality isn’t the greatest. There has been no information about them being sexually assaulted. He thinks BG was with the girls a lot longer than many of us think but can’t tell us the specifics.

There’s a lot of misinformation that it was really warm that day. In fact it was only about 45F.

14. JudgeJudi

I’ve taken some film grabs from GH’s video to illustrate the crime scene flow once off the bridge.

The girls crossed the bridge, turned left, walked down the hill and then headed towards the creek which can be seen at the top of the second image. The rock emphasize how shallow this section of creek is. A sandbank is visible in the middle of the creek. Their bodies were found directly opposite this section of the creek.

Hill.JPG Down the hill.JPG Shallow creek.JPG Sandbank.JPG

GH was able to work out the likely place where they crossed by using a bent tree as a marker - image 1.
    Image 2 shows the location of the bodies relative to the bridge (the bent tree is to the left of the bottom of the green line). The crime scene tape was still up when the video was made.
    Image 3 shows the cemetery in relation to the location of the bodies.
    bent tree.JPG CSF.JPG Cemetery.JPG

GH said the girls either ran across it or were forced across at gunpoint. “They” (I’m assuming he means LE) believe a gun was used to control the girls.

More information is known but he can’t disclose it (not sensational). It was told to him by someone who’s related to someone.
    There is no evidence at all of another person being involved.
    Some clothing was apparently found in the water.

He said on another video that the reason the FBI was called in was because of the way the girls looked when they were found. There was something unusual about it. Whatever it is, I don't want to know.

15. JudgeJudi

Sorry, I forgot to post Gray Hughes' video. It can be like watching the grass grow from time to time. He can be very funny when he's referring to some of the things people have said about what they think they've seen in the images of BG.

16. JnRyan

JnRyan Well-Known Member

I tend to believe that there may be someone who doesn't necessarily know, but suspect. In fact, I believe there are more than one. I can see them look at the photo and sketch and say to themselves, "That looks like it could be [Bill, Al, etc.] and, nah, couldn't be. He lives too far away, doesn't hike trails and he wouldn't do this."

I've pointed out on here several times that a sketch was put out by LE in Charlottesville VA of the Morgan Harrington's killer. The co-workers of Jesse Matthew - her killer - laughed and kidded Matthew about he looked like the sketch. But no one called it in. He would go on to murder Hannah Graham before he was caught.

17. kc1023

kc1023 Well-Known Member

BREAKING NEWS:

ISP: Delphi investigation moving in new direction

ISP: Delphi investigation moving in new direction

snip

Eyewitness News has learned that the Indiana State Police are planning a news conference for Monday on the investigation into the murder of two young girls.

The announcement is said to be about the investigation having a new direction.

The public is invited to attend at The Canal Center at 1030 North Washington Street in Delphi at noon on Monday.

18. crhedBngr

crhedBngr Well-Known Member

Interesting. We'll see.

margarita25, ShHolmz, misgrn and 7 others like this.
  19. FrostedGlass

FrostedGlass Well-Known Member

After 2 years of investigating, what could a "new direction" possibly be?

20. skibaboo

skibaboo Mrs Map

Interesting, wonder what that means? Monday needs to hurry up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.