Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #88

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Oct 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andieinsyd

Andieinsyd Well-Known Member

I would love for this to be a case of new evidence/a break in the case but suspect it’s an internal change in who is in charge of the case. This would be a really big deal for those involved, and they would want to get the news(PR) out there but not necessarily answer questions. New team/new eyes may have some new ideas on investigation strategy.

2. sleuther0192837465

sleuther0192837465 Well-Known Member

Trying to catch up & saw your post Brubon & :eek: I gotta go take a peek!!! MOO

margarita25, dotr, watcher9 and 3 others like this.
  3. Tillicum

Tillicum Well-Known Member

What if there's an unusual scar, tattoo, birthmark or minor disfigurement not normally seen that only someone close to BG would know about? Could they have held that info back in order to rule in or rule out potential suspects but decided to put it out now in hopes someone will recognize it and come forward?

margarita25, dotr, sassyblue and 4 others like this.
  4. HockeyMom330

HockeyMom330 Well-Known Member

All along I haven't thought they left the area either, however weren't there some references early on to Libby's phone 'pinging all over town'? Also, why weren't the girls bodies found sooner by the searchers? They weren't really that far from their last known location on the bridge, and the foliage on the trees wasn't very thick at that time of year. GH video seems to suggest that the girls were with BG longer than was originally assumed. Maybe a tip has come in about the girls being transported to another location and then returned to the orignal crime scene. Seems risky for BG, but everything about this crime was risky (attack in broad daylight; attack on two girls at once; leaving the bodies relatively unconcealed).

margarita25, dotr, JnRyan and 9 others like this.
  5. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

Could be. Could very well be.
    However, given the intense scrutiny on this heartbreaking case, I believe LE is coming to the plate with more - a true breakthrough. We shall see!

Amateur speculation and opinion only

6. Howcanppldosuch

Howcanppldosuch Well-Known Member

Did anyone report gunshots that day? Any info on if the girls ere tied up? We’re they found together or some feet sort like one tried to run?

7. Howcanppldosuch

Howcanppldosuch Well-Known Member

I am behind. When is the presser?

margarita25 likes this.
  8. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

I doubt we will know any of this until trial. These are only facts the Perp and LE would know. Letting that info out could jeopardize a conviction, thus the silence on these types of details.

Amateur opinion and speculation

margarita25, dotr, Jim_M and 4 others like this.
  9. crhedBngr

crhedBngr Well-Known Member

dotr, sassyblue, watcher9 and 5 others like this.
  10. heartgoesout

heartgoesout Well-Known Member

This would be that collective sigh I was talking about earlier. Hopefully this is not about them. Truly no one cares who's running what. We want the monster caught.

dotr, Jim_M, idfinch and 9 others like this.
  11. Amstorrs

Amstorrs Well-Known Member

True, however..
    The girl he was accused and just charged with molesting was a family member/family friend. He had repeated access to her and a chance to groom her, and she was known to be with him. If she turned up murdered or missing while he was babysitting her, everyone would know/think it was him. He couldn’t very well kill her.

His initial arrest was attempting to molest a”girl” he met online, which turned out to be a setup by police. We have no idea if his intention was to murder her after.

margarita25, dotr, Laughing and 9 others like this.
  12. TristanP

TristanP Well-Known Member

If this is truly useful information about catching this murderer, it makes me really angry that they’re going about it this way. Why wait ANY length of time to get “significant information” to the public? Especially when they have not even informed the families! This feels like LE about to pat themselves on the back even though it’s been more than two years with no results.

I hope I am wrong.

13. Tillicum

Tillicum Well-Known Member

IMO if their significant information isn't significant in the public's eyes, they'll regret inviting the public to attend.

14. n_6CC

n_6CC Well-Known Member

I always felt like it looked like he had a watch on his Right hand - which could also indicate that he was left handed. MOO

15. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

Now I can’t find a link but I thought I read long ago that ISP had already taken lead in the Delphi investigation. I wonder could the “new direction” be the FBI are now taking over?

Violent Crimes Against Children/Online Predators

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  16. mrsobrien

mrsobrien Well-Known Member

I'm in Pacific time...looks like I'll be dropping my kids off at school early so I can rush to my office and definitely ignore my work for a while. I don't recall a presser ever being presented this way.

17. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

I think he may be a leftie due to his gun showing on his right side moo.

ETA. I see this is what you were originally referring to.

Willow Knight, dotr, Jim_M and 5 others like this.
  18. StarryStarryNight

StarryStarryNight Well-Known Member

I agree. If this press conference turns out to be only about a reorganization of the investigation it will prove LE in Indiana is totally out of touch with the public frustration over this case, and I also think they will regret it. I am, however, cautiously optimistic that we will actually hear or see something of “significance”.

19. thesensitivechild

thesensitivechild Well-Known Member

I don’t either

20. Ozoner

Ozoner Well-Known Member

Like many others, I suspect that they'll announce a link to another case inside Indiana. If there were a link to a case outside of Indiana, the FBI would probably be taking the lead. CE looks more like BG than any other suspect to date, but the blue eyes are hard to get around.

They have stated flat out that they don't have a suspect; I'm taking them at their word on that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.