Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #88

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Oct 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

I think about one continual complaint about this case and that’s not enough people know about it. Those of us who follow it have had our hopes raised and deflated many times already but each time there’s a new reason for the press to cover the story, there’s a chance it will capture new attention - somebody where an imaginary lightbulb will flick on and they’ll be thinking “I think I know that person” and will call in a tip. So for that reason any publicity this case gets is good IMO.

2. Quinquin

Quinquin Pres. Titus and Eden Fan Club

Agreed. We may be "safer" in some respects, but in this high tech world, many dark leanings people may have, which they might otherwise have been able to repress, are instead supported and nourished by the ability to connect so easily with similar minded individuals. People have become stranger in my opinion!! I cannot wait for Monday...fingers crossed for major break in this case.

3. Quinquin

Agreed. We may be "safer" in some respects, but in this high tech world, many dark leanings people may have, which they might otherwise have been able to repress, are instead supported and nourished by the ability to connect so easily with similar minded individuals. People have become stranger in my opinion!! I cannot wait for Monday...fingers crossed for major break in this case.

margarita25, kirkassoc, dotr and 4 others like this.
  4. tmar

tmar Well-Known Member

I agree with you Tristan, about this WAIT for info.:(
    I am thinking, all this supposed new information, may not lead to BG, or help in solving the case.
    I hope this isn't so, as many are expecting some great results.
    Not long to go, to find out, as we have waited, all this time, and have often been disappointed.
    Hope I am wrong.
    MOO.

5. Quinquin

When the Sherriff said he "knows that voice" I take that to mean he feels like the perp is a local. Maybe a "new direction" is implying that they no longer think a local committed this horrific act. I hope the PC is much more than that.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  6. Ozoner

Ozoner Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I suspect that you're not wrong. I don't think they have a full nuclear DNA profile, anyway. Maybe they re-tested some samples recently and got one. (We can hope, right?)
    If it were something like an announcement that a state task force had been created, then I think that they'd allow questions. The no-questions part is what's confusing me. Maybe someone has come forward to report a separate encounter with BG; a new eyewitness would be a significant development, but LE wouldn't want to reveal anything about the witness.

7. Ozoner

Ozoner Well-Known Member

Snipped

I took his comments about the voice to mean that he knew it because he had listened to the recording so many times—and that if he heard it again, he'd know that it was BG.

8. Quinquin

double post

9. PaulaDC

PaulaDC Well-Known Member

The photo profiles are spectacular! I've noticed recently with the solved familial dna cold cases, they ask for public help and release photos in advance of an arrest. Is there some sort of time gap that happens between making that dna photo of what the suspect should look like and then actually being able to trace the familial dna to the suspect and collect dna confirm it?

10. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain't The Ones Beneath The Bed

Yes. They are two different processes (Parabon does both), but tend to happen exactly as you say.

First we get the DNA generated photograph.

Then comes the genealogical research (I do think this is usually ongoing prior to the release of the photo and description).

That’s the part that takes time, and anecdotally atleast, seems to be the stage that gets the guy.

You have to find that close relative, then you have to narrow down to the specific person you think it is.

Then you’ve got to get his DNA (usually surreptitiously).

If they do in fact have this guy’s DNA, it’s a matter of “when” and not “if” they catch him.

Not so long ago, that wasn’t the case.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  11. Howcanppldosuch

Howcanppldosuch Well-Known Member

I am thinking, and hoping, the announcement is DNA and a genetic website!! IDK, but I am hoping!

12. crhedBngr

crhedBngr Well-Known Member

I'd love to see DNA bring this <expletive deleted> down, and put him into the pokey.

As to the wait until Monday, it's about 10:40 p.m. here on the West Coast. Some will observe the Easter and Passover Holidays tomorrow, which will keep them busy most of the day. Others will be occupied with different things. At some point, most of us will speculate about Monday's presser.

Everyone, enjoy your Sunday.

13. PaulaDC

Personally I'm hoping it's a clear dna photo, or they tell us he is in custody and want public help to come forward telling of previous encounters and connections to other crimes. I don't think they know who it is and it would be risky to tell the public too much to put them in harms way or risk exposing too much evidence for a conviction. I also think if he was dead it would have been breaking news. If it is the dna generated photo it should be so very close.

14. PaulaDC

This familial dna has put a permanent smirk on my face. It's finally the victims time to get revenge and closure for the most henious crimes imaginable. My dna is in there and I hope if any family member related to me has ever or will ever commit such unforgiving crimes that they go down and are held responsible for their actions. Hoping for closure for all the family and victims everywhere.

15. gngr~snap

gngr~snap Verified Professional Pediatric Nurse

IMO yes! From what I recall they do not typically comment on any case, unless it is an unusual circumstance.
    Moo

16. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain't The Ones Beneath The Bed

It’s truly remarkable.

It seems like every week or two, another cold case is solved this way.

Many of these cases have remained unsolved for decades.

And the really amazing thing is, they’re just getting started.

17. GoBuckeyes

GoBuckeyes Well-Known Member

I'm not saying this man is
    Maybe they know who the perpetrator is, but he's now deceased??

18. Jim_M

Jim_M Well-Known Member

Obviously someone informed MSM that there will be a News Conference on Monday.

Has anyone found this announcement from the LE side?

I cannot find anything on the ISP web pages that provides anything like an update/announcement for this:

ISP: Delphi Homicide Investigation

Wouldn't there be something?

margarita25, crhedBngr, dotr and 4 others like this.
  19. GoBuckeyes

GoBuckeyes Well-Known Member

I'm sorry. I'm new to the specifics on the case. I only have the most basic information. Could you explain a little more about what Libby captured and posted to snapchat, please? TIA

20. Scarlett12

Scarlett12 Active Member

I think the information is going to be that BG did not act alone. And it is highly possible that a female was involved. I think they found female DNA.

I just really REALLY want this to be solved . Hopefully this new direction is a game changer.

21. TTF14

TTF14 Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.