Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #88

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Oct 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Well-Known Member

Misty, do you know whether John Walsh has aired this case on his new show 'In Pursuit'?

The reason I ask since it started, I believe some of the suspects have been caught since then. It shows millions of viewers still watches his show.

Shows like his are seen by others in every different state so someone could have just been passing through, and may have seen something very important that day or they may be able to recognize BG as someone they know.

It is unbelievable that many may even be unaware of this case, but its true. Many don't even watch the news, much less keep up with homicide cases.

So someone out there may hold the key, and not even be aware of it.

Tia

Imo

2. oceanblueeyes

The new direction is puzzling. Surely they have already looked at this case from every direction possible.

Are they going to say they are going to look at BG not being the killer, and will go back now, starting over from day one to look at other possible suspects?

Are they going to ask that all males, teens, and adults, living in the area at the time to voluntarily give them a DNA sample? That's the only new direction I can think of happening.

Imo

3. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 Well-Known Member

If you are new to the case, you may want to read the media thread

IN - Abigail Williams & Liberty German, Delphi, Media, Maps, Timelines NO DISCUSSION

There is also a thread discussing the image at

Found Deceased - IN - IMAGE discussion re Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi

HTH

ETA also, there are other links to other threads that may be of interest to you, and if you go to the first post on this thread, post number one, you will find those links.

4. csparks

csparks Member

I would speculate that the reason the press conference was announced ahead of time like this is because they have an angle that they need more tips and information on. As in, the investigation may have been narrowed to family DNA, and now they need lots of press and coverage to get that info to the public. Maybe not specifically that, but along those lines.

If they had a hard suspect, they'd just keep mum until he was charged. Must be something that they figure will catch someone's attention, and bring in the intel that will keep them on the right track.

5. JudgeJudi

JudgeJudi Well-Known Member

No reported gunshots but many people said it would not be unusual as people hunt in the area. No information on how the bodies were found or any other info has been provided.

6. JudgeJudi

It did look like it may have been a watch. Many lefties wear their watches on the left wrist. My Dad was one.

7. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

mmmmm....I have a tendency to think the perp acted alone. This is quite the heinous crime to find another person to do it with. jmo

margarita25, MJPeony, Suglo and 10 others like this.
  8. MistyM

MistyM Well-Known Member

bg isn't the real suspect?

9. JudgeJudi

I wish I felt optimistic about Monday but I don’t. Since the stills from the video, audio and sketch were released, LE have given us nothing. At the last presser the new prosecutor took the opportunity to introduce himself, and that was it. Wow, what a total waste of time. There wasn’t even an image of Abby and Libby displayed and yet they outlined what constituted a good tip.

I think it’s highly unlikely Charles Eldridge or the deceased person have anything to do with any announcement they make.

They’ve said Monday’s press conference will show a 90 degree change in the investigation and some new significant information will be given out.

Parabon Nanolabs previously declined an interview and state police would not say if the same test was being used in the investigation. I think the new information will be that they are or will be using it now.

10. MistyM

MistyM Well-Known Member

i hope it's not like the latest maura murray information, i was very disappointed.

Suglo, dotr, JnRyan and 1 other person like this.
  11. Jerrod

Jerrod Well-Known Member

Investigators have mentioned one or two dozen people on their radar. Presumably most of them are local, so how do they narrow the list further? There are roughly 580 white male residents in Delphi between the ages of 25 and 65. Maybe LE wants to employ a DNA canvassing tactic and will be requesting all of them to voluntarily submit their DNA. Those on LE’s radar who refuse would obviously be inviting closer scrutiny. Voluntary DNA dragnets are infrequent, but so are high-profile small-town double murders, and it would fit the description of a “new direction”, and would explain why the public is invited (transparency). But why now instead of a year or so ago? And what could the “significant information” be if not a Parabon Snapshot?

12. JnRyan

JnRyan Well-Known Member

And I'm right handed and where my watch on right wrist. My father was left handed and I believe he wore his on his right wrist. As far as drawing a gun, very few right handers wear their gun on their left. Most right handers wear their gun on the right with an 'FBI cant' or 15 degrees. Of course, which hand or side he shoots with doesn't mean anything either as it depends on the dominant eye. For example, our father was left handed, but he shot right handed because his right eye was his dominant eye.

13. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

I will be in meetings mid-day, ugh, but I know I'll be able to catch up with WS later in the day.

Fingers crossed that the development means progress in the investigation!

jmo

14. fred&edna

fred&edna Well-Known Member

Thank you for highlighting these quotes from the news report!

'Gotta wonder exactly who the unnamed source was for the bit about "significant information to be released".

I'm def in agreement with you about not getting my hopes up.

15. JnRyan

JnRyan Well-Known Member

That has come to my mind a few times the past 2 days. I'm also hoping this won't be a repeat of that type of 'revelation'.

sassyblue, watcher9, dotr and 4 others like this.
  16. oceanblueeyes

I agree. Just like when other victims in twos were found murdered, and it was done by one lone perpetrator.

I think the motive for these murders were sexual. The vast majority of pedophiles act alone. This will be the same imo.

Pedophiles are opportunistic who are always looking for that opportune time.

Jmo

margarita25, kkdj, crhedBngr and 11 others like this.
  17. nannymo

nannymo Well-Known Member

Thank you carbuff....

carbuff and dotr like this.
  18. Scarlett12

Scarlett12 Active Member

While I do believe that one girl was sexually abused I do not believe sex was the motive. The motive was murder and satanic in nature. Perhaps fueled by meth, perhaps fueled by sick minds. There was more to the crime scene than two deceased beautiful girls.

all in imho..obviously

19. StarryStarryNight

StarryStarryNight Well-Known Member

I wonder if maybe we are misreading the “no questions” statement as “no information at all”. I think I am. Or was. It’s possible, I think, that LE may tell us the significant information(new evidence, Parabon, suspect in jail, suspect is dead, whatever) and spend 15 minutes or so explaining how they got it and why they think it. Then say “we’re not going to answer any questions at this time as we still have more work to do”. In other words, maybe there will be no questions because most will be answered.

GoBuckeyes, kc1023, carbuff and 11 others like this.
  20. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

I hope that is the case.

I think the "news" will be something other than what we want to hear, and reporters' questions will be like - Do you have leads on a suspect? Was DNA found? What is the cause of death?....and LE doesn't have answers.

Maybe they will release more of the audio? Or video of a car seen that day? Something for the public to see to generate tips?

Hopeful, but with low expectations.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.