Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #88

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Oct 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

I don’t think they would announce that. It would be embarrassing. Usually cases are just quietly slid onto a back burner with no announcements or updates. Years or decades later when a new DA or police chief comes in they may announce they are taking another look at “cold cases” but it’s always done in a way to make LE or the DA look good. They don’t usually give PCs to say that they’ve been outsmarted.

2. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

Agree, and a few limited comments from LE have supported that.
    Let’s pray they have found the Perp and justice will be served to the full extent of the law. We need to bring back chain gangs Texas style, or outsource the care of violent offenders and pedophiles to Mexico.
    Mexico does not care about three hots and a cot.

Amateur opinion and speculation

3. Willow Knight

Willow Knight Well-Known Member

Not to be redundant, however add the "wait" for the presser and "no questions". I think they want to get a message to 'him/her/them'.

Waiting for Monday is making sure "he" is watching, in person or from afar. They may be watching his reaction to the presser (covertly), and also with all the media if this person does show up, plenty of media to capture everyone present. I believe they know he will be watching.

As for no questions, tells me they have a statement to make. They want to 'talk' to someone. They do not want to give out any information other than what they want specifically stated.

Dang I'll be on the road most of tomorrow. Driving me crazy. Happy Easter to you all and the families involved.

4. Willow Knight

Willow Knight Well-Known Member

So, if the sketch that is out there now is blended with this Parabon we would have a good picture of him? You explained how Parabon works, thank you. That would be huge. Do you have any theory how Parabon could take the investigation in a different direction?

5. JnRyan

JnRyan Well-Known Member

I sort of think this will be the case. Then again, I do wonder if it will - intentionally on the part of LE - leave us with more questions. And the nature of these questions would likely cause a lot of uncertainty for this killer. He really might only need to slip just once.

6. heartgoesout

heartgoesout Well-Known Member

The press release say they have no suspect.
    They will make a statement and end the press conference with no questions allowed.

7. heartgoesout

I have not doubt that was absolutely added by the reporter.

8. heartgoesout

Quite often. Press release this afternoon with pertinent info type thing.
    I do not however see a press release announced for 3 days later for a murder case.

9. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

This was my first thought. I was looking for the specifics from the last “awkward” PC, but I’m thinking this is it. New persons on board, moo.

—-

Here’s an old article worth bringing fwd about the girls:

Delphi Daughters: Untold story of Abby & Libby
    Posted: 3:43 PM, Apr 26, 2017
    Updated: 2:08 PM, Feb 11, 2019

[​IMG]

Abby loved making things for other people.
    [​IMG]

“Hats Abby had been knitting
    She’d make rubber band bracelets, paintings and bead crafts for friends. There wasn’t a form of art that Abby hadn’t tried her hand at.

“She had more crafts than you’d know what to do with,” Anna said. "She loved to make things for other people, she loved to be around other people."

Abby had recently been knitting tiny, colorful hats for newborns at the local hospital.”

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  10. raja

raja Well-Known Member

Would you still be considered a suspect if you confess?

11. Ozoner

Ozoner Well-Known Member

Yes. False confessions are so common in high-profile cases that the police would continue to try to eliminate the person as a suspect.

12. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

Yes. False confessions occur more than one might think. Imo they would be a suspect until evidence proves that they are indeed the perp.

13. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Well, if they have isolated his DNA they can use various genealogy databases using familiar DNA to find a match and narrow it down to a suspect.
    But even if they are not able to find a match I think they can still get valuable information about physical characteristics.
    Maybe they can find out if certain diseases or inherited medical conditions exist that would help them with his profile. Jmo

14. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain't The Ones Beneath The Bed

So they analyze the DNA, and come up with a composite of what this guy should look like.

They don’t base it on previous photos or information, just what the DNA tells them.

It may look exactly like BG, or not (especially if it isn’t him in the first place).

If it doesn’t look like him, then I suppose that would take things in a different direction.

Perhaps the age is different or something.

We don’t even know for sure if they have DNA in the first place. We also don’t know if they have brought in Parabon, so I want to be clear about that.

But if this is what I think it is, then we’ll get a more specific physical description of this guy.

15. gregjrichards

gregjrichards Well-Known Member

• [​IMG]
    A break in the #DelphiMurders case? Police holding a press conference tomorrow (Monday) at noon.
    @SusanHendricks
    will be live from the event on HLN. #AbbyandLibby

HLN are covering the press conference live tomorrow at 12 noon ET.

The press conference is 12pm ET, 10am PT, 11am CT, 5pm UK time.

16. Peppery

Peppery Well-Known Member

I was curious about this DNA use to build an image so I googled parabon nanolabs. Many of the examples are strikingly accurate. I’d love to see this kind of technology used for Abby & Libby!

17. teedie2

teedie2 Well-Known Member

Ugh - time zones! Just checking ... the PC is Monday at 12 noon Central? And will we be able to watch it somewhere?

18. wary

wary Well-Known Member

I thought it was at 12 eastern?

watcher9, dotr, oceanblueeyes and 3 others like this.
  19. watcher9

watcher9 Well-Known Member

I believe that is Eastern time.

dotr, oceanblueeyes, cody22 and 3 others like this.
  20. MsArk

MsArk Well-Known Member

Eastern Standard Time which is one hour behind CST.

watcher9, dotr, travelbug and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.