Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #88

Status
Not open for further replies.
There has to be something unusual or specific about the crime scene/ COD... otherwise why wouldn’t they have released it? If it was something like a single gunshot, any sicko looking for five minutes of fame could confess and guess “gunshot” and have a 25% chance of being right. I’m convinced that the crime scene/COD was something very specific.
Agree, and a few limited comments from LE have supported that.
Let’s pray they have found the Perp and justice will be served to the full extent of the law. We need to bring back chain gangs Texas style, or outsource the care of violent offenders and pedophiles to Mexico.
Mexico does not care about three hots and a cot.

Amateur opinion and speculation

If it were something like an announcement that a state task force had been created, then I think that they'd allow questions. The no-questions part is what's confusing me. Maybe someone has come forward to report a separate encounter with BG; a new eyewitness would be a significant development, but LE wouldn't want to reveal anything about the witness.

Not to be redundant, however add the "wait" for the presser and "no questions". I think they want to get a message to 'him/her/them'.

Waiting for Monday is making sure "he" is watching, in person or from afar. They may be watching his reaction to the presser (covertly), and also with all the media if this person does show up, plenty of media to capture everyone present. I believe they know he will be watching.

As for no questions, tells me they have a statement to make. They want to 'talk' to someone. They do not want to give out any information other than what they want specifically stated.

Dang I'll be on the road most of tomorrow. Driving me crazy. Happy Easter to you all and the families involved.

Yes. They are two different processes (Parabon does both), but tend to happen exactly as you say.

First we get the DNA generated photograph.

Then comes the genealogical research (I do think this is usually ongoing prior to the release of the photo and description).

So, if the sketch that is out there now is blended with this Parabon we would have a good picture of him? You explained how Parabon works, thank you. That would be huge. Do you have any theory how Parabon could take the investigation in a different direction?

I wonder if maybe we are misreading the “no questions” statement as “no information at all”. I think I am. Or was. It’s possible, I think, that LE may tell us the significant information(new evidence, Parabon, suspect in jail, suspect is dead, whatever) and spend 15 minutes or so explaining how they got it and why they think it. Then say “we’re not going to answer any questions at this time as we still have more work to do”. In other words, maybe there will be no questions because most will be answered.
I sort of think this will be the case. Then again, I do wonder if it will - intentionally on the part of LE - leave us with more questions. And the nature of these questions would likely cause a lot of uncertainty for this killer. He really might only need to slip just once.

I wonder if maybe we are misreading the “no questions” statement as “no information at all”. I think I am. Or was. It’s possible, I think, that LE may tell us the significant information(new evidence, Parabon, suspect in jail, suspect is dead, whatever) and spend 15 minutes or so explaining how they got it and why they think it. Then say “we’re not going to answer any questions at this time as we still have more work to do”. In other words, maybe there will be no questions because most will be answered.
The press release say they have no suspect.
They will make a statement and end the press conference with no questions allowed.

The latest spin.. This news article quotes the ISP notice but then adds a new line.
Where did the new evidence come from?

The update will be held "to share information with the media and public about the new direction of the Delphi homicide investigation."
Police shared no further information into what the new evidence might be, or why they were changing directions in the investigation.

BBM

Infamous murder investigation of two girls heading in 'new direction'
I have not doubt that was absolutely added by the reporter.

General question for those who have followed many cases. How often does LE announce a PC with "significant information"?
Quite often. Press release this afternoon with pertinent info type thing.
I do not however see a press release announced for 3 days later for a murder case.

I would love for this to be a case of new evidence/a break in the case but suspect it’s an internal change in who is in charge of the case. This would be a really big deal for those involved, and they would want to get the news(PR) out there but not necessarily answer questions. New team/new eyes may have some new ideas on investigation strategy.

This was my first thought. I was looking for the specifics from the last “awkward” PC, but I’m thinking this is it. New persons on board, moo.

—-

Here’s an old article worth bringing fwd about the girls:

Delphi Daughters: Untold story of Abby & Libby
Posted: 3:43 PM, Apr 26, 2017
Updated: 2:08 PM, Feb 11, 2019

Abby loved making things for other people.
Abby%20Hates_1493231408606_58885776_ver1.0_900_675.JPG

“Hats Abby had been knitting
She’d make rubber band bracelets, paintings and bead crafts for friends. There wasn’t a form of art that Abby hadn’t tried her hand at.

“She had more crafts than you’d know what to do with,” Anna said. "She loved to make things for other people, she loved to be around other people."

Abby had recently been knitting tiny, colorful hats for newborns at the local hospital.”

Last edited:
So, if the sketch that is out there now is blended with this Parabon we would have a good picture of him? You explained how Parabon works, thank you. That would be huge. Do you have any theory how Parabon could take the investigation in a different direction?
Well, if they have isolated his DNA they can use various genealogy databases using familiar DNA to find a match and narrow it down to a suspect.
But even if they are not able to find a match I think they can still get valuable information about physical characteristics.
Maybe they can find out if certain diseases or inherited medical conditions exist that would help them with his profile. Jmo

So they analyze the DNA, and come up with a composite of what this guy should look like.

They don’t base it on previous photos or information, just what the DNA tells them.

It may look exactly like BG, or not (especially if it isn’t him in the first place).

If it doesn’t look like him, then I suppose that would take things in a different direction.

Perhaps the age is different or something.

We don’t even know for sure if they have DNA in the first place. We also don’t know if they have brought in Parabon, so I want to be clear about that.

But if this is what I think it is, then we’ll get a more specific physical description of this guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288