Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #89

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carter indicated that he knew there would be a lot of questions. Well darn right there are a lot of questions questions.

Re: “The Shack”, itstill seems interesting that he went out of his way to mention it. Perhaps I’m over analyzing and he was just using that as a metaphor for evil or whatever, but in case not, this makes me of wonder if they found additional evidence at a shack (maybe he took them there to assault the girls there for the assault then disposed of them near the water) — this is perhaps a reach but maybe the perp even communicated with them something about a shack, maybe left a sign there for him which indicates a connection to Delphi.. again I could be over analyzing this but something reminds me of LE’s communications with Beltway Sniper and the whole deal with that. That perp had actually even been “angered” because he submitted specific information to them which he demanded he kept between them but the media got a hold of it which was a huge screwup and angered the perp...anyway, let’s say there is a “shack” for instance—well I’m remembering from a long time ago a reddish brown shack iirc that I noticed in a video which drives along the route...maybe past the cemetery...I can’t remember which video it was but I asked what that shack was that was passed at a certain time stamp in the video...I’m going to see if I can find it...Might be nothing.

I immediately called my mom, who’s read the book. She could think of no connection. It’s gotta be something very personal and probably meant to scare him by how much they know.

On another note, I’ve been convinced from the beginning the spot they were found in wasnt the primary crime scene. Maybe it was a shack.

That’s all I got. :(

Carter indicated that he knew there would be a lot of questions. Well darn right there are a lot of questions questions.

Re: “The Shack”, itstill seems interesting that he went out of his way to mention it. Perhaps I’m over analyzing and he was just using that as a metaphor for evil or whatever, but in case not, this makes me of wonder if they found additional evidence at a shack (maybe he took them there to assault the girls there for the assault then disposed of them near the water) — this is perhaps a reach but maybe the perp even communicated with them something about a shack, maybe left a sign there for him which indicates a connection to Delphi.. again I could be over analyzing this but something reminds me of LE’s communications with Beltway Sniper and the whole deal with that. That perp had actually even been “angered” because he submitted specific information to them which he demanded he kept between them but the media got a hold of it which was a huge screwup and angered the perp...anyway, let’s say there is a “shack” for instance—well I’m remembering from a long time ago a reddish brown shack iirc that I noticed in a video which drives along the route...maybe past the cemetery...I can’t remember which video it was but I asked what that shack was that was passed at a certain time stamp in the video...I’m going to see if I can find it...Might be nothing.

I was also wondering if there was some significance to the "shack" reference, maybe they found evidence in a shack somewhere that only the killer would know, and this was a way for them to convey that without coming out and saying that directly?

AHHH, this is driving me nuts. There are so many ways to interpret all of this information. I'm not much of a sleuth so the references to the video's that have been found have led me nowhere in my searches. I do truly believe though that they are SO SO close!

BBM Sorry if this has already been addressed - I'm a little behind. From the police bulletin:

Today, a new sketch of the suspect, appearing to be in his mid-twenties to mid-thirties and believed responsible for the murders of the girls, was shared with the Delphi community and media. As the investigation has progressed, information has been continuously reviewed and examined and this sketch more accurately depicts the face of the suspect from the video recorded on Liberty German's cell phone while she and Abigail were on the High Bridge.

New video editing technology maybe?

Short hair coupled with arrogance, reminds me of a sports guy, (not all of them!) how far is the university or high school?
Unless mommy cuts his hair for him, wondering if barbers/ hairdressers, might remember cutting his hair? Maybe it has since (purposely) grown out?

What is that hideous grating sound heard on the newly released audio tape, omg- what did he do to those poor children??!!
speculation.
I was wondering also if they blocked something out between "guys" and "down the hill"

I'm super confused because to me, the composites bear very little resemblance to each other. Wouldn't be completely surprised to find out there was another accomplice involved. Perhaps one was approaching from one side, and the other from the opposite. But who's to say.

*edit- just saw the above comment saying that the video was analyzed and the new composite is more true to what was filmed. disregard. i just like to throw things at the wall and see what sticks.

What if the killer confessed to a pastor or priest? Would they be able to come forward with the info?

A Catholic priest is bound to silence under the “seal of confession” That means that anything told to a priest during Confession is not to be repeated by the priest. Sort of like the attorney - client privilege.

Yeah that reference to The Shack has got to be deliberately aimed at the perp ..... you don’t ask the whole community to gather for a press conf about a horrible murder, plan it for 3 days, & then blabber on plugging random movies you’ve recently seen .....

But - again - how can they know so much & still not even know whether perp is 18 or 40??

Thank you. I was trying to find the words but you conveyed this idea well. Out of all the things he has to say at this very very important PC he takes the time to specifically mention a book...

This reminded me something really really awful: when they released the photo of the “cross pendant” in Jessica Ridgeway’s case. We found out later only during the court proceedings where they found the cross. :(

Wow,wow,wow... I am way behind, but I am going to guess that the car was stolen, LE has possession of it, and DNA in the car matches DNA from the crime scene. They have a witness sketch. And that's all they got. They still do not know who he is.

If they had the vehicle wouldn't they share the description with the public? MOO

"As Superintendent Carter said today, "We have a witness. You made mistakes. We are coming for you and there's no place for a heartless coward like you to hide that gets his thrill from killing little girls."

They have a witness? This from the ISP press release today, prior to the PC.

I thought he was referring to Libby's video.

MOD NOTE

Please stop asking for PMs on the thread. Just send a PM to another member, but keep it off the forum. The thread is becoming cluttered with numerous posts asking for PMs that the moderators now have to remove.

Asking for PMs is against TOS and our rules. It's rude and it excludes everybody else from "knowing" the supposed inside information.

Again, you are welcome to have as many private conversations as you want, but you may not talk about it on the forum.

Following from England. IMO every word of that release was precious and deliberate. They used just a few minutes to get some key points across. I've never heard of The Shack, but you can bet your bottom dollar that reference was very purposeful and pointed directly at the suspect. It either relates to his upbringing, a clue he left in the shack people have mentioned, or something he has said to someone about the film or book. As for the detective being upset, he has seen that crime scene. Showing his horror and disgust so openly hints at what a monster this person is, and not worthy of protection. On the audio, the way the suspect says "guys...get down the hill" almost sounds resigned to me. In the way someone may say something if left with no choice. It's very peculiar - did they recognise him as he got closer, and they saw it was someone they knew in some kind of disguise?

They eyes too and jaw. He looks very familiar. Like an actor or comedian.

I think the look is distinct. I hope it leads to something. I'm just confused how there can be two such definitive sketches.

My very first thought when I saw the sketch was it looks just like Todd from Community haha

Seriously though I see both a lot of similarities and a lot of differences in the sketches.

The eyes and eyebrows are very similar, but in the first one they're wide-set on the face and in the second they're very narrowly set.

Nose is narrower in the new one but is vaguely similar.

The mouth is basically identical, but as with the eyes its placement on the face is quite different (very close to the nose and away from the chin in the newer one, about halfway between the two in the older one).

The ears are basically identical.

The shape of the face (aside from the chin) doesn't look all that different, the guy in the new sketch is maybe a little thinner.

The chin, obviously, is extremely different though.

To clear the air about the sketches, my understanding is that while the original sketch existed LE stated not to focus on it too much. This has always lead me to believe that there may be errors in what they were able to put together for the original sketch. The sketch that released today is the "primary sketch." This is the sketch that LE is using to catch this guy.

The superintendent made it very clear in the PC that there is only one suspect in this case. There are not two or more. BG = the guy in the new sketch = the guy heard in the audio.

Very different.

I've spent a lot of time matching people in different photos (who I've never met). You have to look at certain features such as the shape of the upper and lower lips and the eyebrows, these things never change.

I think the biggest difference between the two is the quality of the sketch itself: the first one is like a portait from life, very detailed and expressive, with elaborate shading to show the face in 3D, the second one is a fairly crude sketch.

The mouth is identical in both, just frowning in sketch 1, more nuetral in sketch 2. Shape of the high checks is identical, plus eyebrows. Tip of nose is the same but the ridge is sharper in sketch 2.

When someone shaves, their chin is revealed, and looks very different than when bearded. Similarly, when someone takes off their hat, their forehead is revealed and changes their face. So in sketch 2 the face is somewhat longer because of a long chin and high brow.

I actually think the individual features are so similar, the new sketch was partly based on the old one. The researchers may have been able to estimate the height of the forehead under the cap, and length of the chin under the beard, from sophisticated analysis of the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17