Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #101

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krwiley60

Krwiley60 Well-Known Member

Yes. I also think he probably put duct tape or something over their mouths. If I am standing by my woods on a calm day, I can hear everything.

Wells, neesaki, janewall and 4 others like this.
  2. bradfordsleuth

bradfordsleuth Well-Known Member

Yes.
    "Hiding in plain sight."

ilovechili, Jamie737, Tarika and 10 others like this.
  3. BigTexas

BigTexas Well-Known Member

Had one or more accomplices looking out to warn him if anyone else came into the vicinity. Just MOO.

4. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

This quote below was from Feb 22, 2017 but as LE reportedly said “the girls may have been targeted” quite recently, iirc shortly before the PC although I’m still looking to find the specific video.....but IMO if sketch one was sighted on the highway near the trail that would describe a chance encounter. Then comes sketch two, someone with ties to Delphi - is that leaning toward the second possibility?

Capt. Dave Bursten is the Chief Public Information Officer for the Indiana State Police -

“.....One of two things happened," Bursten said. "That was a chance encounter. That's possible. Don't think it's likely but it's possible. Or, that person knew they were going to be there. That's possible as well. Those are things we're looking into."....”
    UPDATE: Delphi teen records audio before murders

5. ilovechili

ilovechili Well-Known Member

<modsnipped quoted post and response>

That to me, is the first sketch, a generation fitting midwesterner... Not so with the new sketch. I do not like to stereotype but again just saying one would be more common than the other... With the first older age range particularly... With the younger age range and new picture, not so common I would think in that small area, at the bridge, etc.

To me, it says they pretty much know who this is now... Or so I hope...

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2019
    8paws, susiQ, Charlot123 and 5 others like this.
  6. JnRyan

JnRyan Well-Known Member

I originally did not believe this and thought it was just a crime of opportunity. Now we hear LE is looking for a vehicle parked away from the trail's parking areas and could have been there for 4-5 hours. That sounds like someone who didn't want their vehicle associated with the trail. That would appear to be a premeditated crime.

7. kelleyrepair

kelleyrepair Active Member

Nailed it!

Brubon, 8paws, Tarika and 7 others like this.
  8. Krwiley60

Krwiley60 Well-Known Member

Totally premeditated!

9. StarryStarryNight

StarryStarryNight Well-Known Member

This is my current thinking. Yea, it changes a lot, LOL!

1) We know LE has kept pretty much all info to themselves. I think one thing they kept super secret and felt very important was that more than one person right after the murders told them about a car parked at the old CPS building that afternoon. One of those people also helped them with the new sketch. The witness. They filed these away in the game changer super secret drawer.
    2) So while LE was asking about cars parked at the trailhead etc and people walking around they never mentioned the CPS car.
    3) Everybody seen on the trail that day contacted police...except BG. I’m guessing every car parked at the trailhead, etc contacted police...except CPS car, making it more suspicious to LE.
    4) Recently, LE got an anonymous tip that named the killer, and said the killer had driven a borrowed car to the trails and parked at the old CPS building. This is what shot the investigation into a new direction.
    5) At the press conference LE said they needed the driver of the car...an appeal to the owner to come forward and confirm the named guy was in fact in the car that afternoon.
    6) I now think LE was not talking to the killer at the press conference but that everything they said, the new video and audio, mention of the CPS car, the new sketch was meant to communicate to the anonymous tipster that we got your tip, we believe you, we have evidence to corroborate your info, we would really like to talk with you.

It’s possible they don’t yet know his name yet, and it’s possible the killer might be in jail right now for some other crime, but LE is right there. They need some tidying up information and now have someone to get it from. I might just be dreaming here but, gosh, I think it’s real close.

EBrava, janewall, Rural_PC and 25 others like this.
  10. Cutiekitty

Cutiekitty Well-Known Member

I think the arrestee could then invoke speedy trial and the clock starts ticking. If LE only has suspicion or weak circumstantial evidence they’d be taking a really big gamble that could result in an acquittal if they can’t get solid evidence before trial. It’s better to get solid evidence and build a strong case. My vibe it that is exactly what they are doing.

11. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

Jmo, no way he could have expected to find teenage girls up there. Even if he did know that school was out that day, most teen girls head to the mall or just “hang out”. Maybe he was hoping for a female jogger or any lone woman hiking...but he could not expect he would find one. He likely carried whatever weapon he used all the time. That is all he would need...a gun or a knife.

12. wgram

wgram Well-Known Member

BBM I sure feel that there's more audio and hopefully video out there we all know that the police usually keeps the real big evidence to their vests.

neesaki, IQuestion, Tarika and 8 others like this.
  13. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

A poster on #100 said they wished they could just reach into the picture of BG on the bridge and shove him off.

EBrava, x_files, Rural_PC and 17 others like this.
  14. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

Earlier there was a discussion here about bridge protocol - if someone is walking on the bridge others would stand and wait to cross - rather than cross paths going a different direction directly on the bridge. I can understand that as it’s not very wide, no railings etc.

So if Libby was still taking photos of Abby on the bridge, once they saw BG starting to walk across the bridge, even if the girls hadn’t intended to walk to the NE end his approach could’ve caused them to walk further along it, maybe expecting him to turn around at some point.

But that he didn’t, something about how he continued to walk towards them might’ve been reason to raise Libby’s concern when she began secretly videoing. I can also imagine the girls then kept walking to the end, maybe waiting there expecting they could start back across the bridge after the man exited to wherever he was going, which of course isn’t what occurred. By the time he reached the end, he’d only need to look back and if anybody was behind him, he had every opportunity to abort his plans, keep walking or turn around and nobody would’ve been none the wiser. JMO

15. ilovechili

ilovechili Well-Known Member

Excellent post.

Brubon, IQuestion, Tarika and 3 others like this.
  16. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

If they had one prime suspect, they would find a way to get his DNA. And if it matched, he would be hauled in for questioning. He would be asked to explain the DNA, especially if he tells them he never goes to the bridge, had never seen the girls etc. He would need to provide a verifiable alibi. I believe the DNA was found in such a way that would rule a person in or out.

If no alibi, and his DNA was on the girl’s bodies or clothing...he would be arrested. All jmo.

17. Cutiekitty

I remember a statement, but don’t recall a PC (doesn’t mean there wasn’t one though). I’m catching up, but if see you still don’t have what you are looking for I’ll try to find it.

zencompass likes this.
  18. bradfordsleuth

bradfordsleuth Well-Known Member

My thoughts are that the recording ended when Libby's battery died....unfortunately I believe that the audio captured everything that happened. It breaks my heart to type this.

The phone was not shut off....the battery died according to early reports.
    JMO

janewall, alexmia, neesaki and 11 others like this.
  19. kelleyrepair

kelleyrepair Active Member

Outstanding theory.

20. Cutiekitty

That is something I’ve been wondering about too.

waltzingmatilda and DancingMuse like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.