Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #101

Status
Not open for further replies.
But... it looks like he has only one button to undo in order to easily reach it... if "it" is a gun.
I think its in the pocket, and that's why I think its backwards grip down, so it doesn't fall out. Because for it to be under the jacket, well then there is the hoodie, unlikely someone would wear a holster over the hoodie. And then there is a duffel bag or something else he is carrying under the jacket. He can pull it out of the pocket faster even backwards than getting it from a holster the way he is dressed. Besides I don't think he's a holster guy, he's more of a tuck in the top of the pants guy.

Quoted was snipped by me....

I believe he may have been the infamous 'man dressed in black' that the group of students saw. (If this story is not a 'rumor'.)

1 min 45 seconds (interview with Chastity.)

Oh how I wish we could know if that man was ever interviewed....its bugged me from that start that 'he brushed by them .' when they said hello.

It indicates he wasn't interested in being stopped, or perhaps even being seen.

On a beautiful day in February on a hiking trail....who would be in a hurry and why?

JMO
Good one.

On google earth, the old cps building is still there 07/2018. So if it got burned down before being bulldozed, it happened after that. What's the earliest date that we know it's gone?

I swear that when I was there in February 2018 I didn't see it. We even remarked upon it because we didn't want to park in there since there was a lot of debris still left. We were afraid of driving over glass and nails. We were back there again in August of last year so perhaps I'm getting the trips mixed up. I was pretty confident about the February date, but I could be wrong. Some things start running together after a while.

I don’t think the poster was thinking this was a tip for LE.

I agree side by sides, psychic visions, dreams and suggestions along the lines of “hey, you might want to check cameras in the area” are not what LE needs. Now if someone worked in a specialized field and had knowledge of an investigative technique or a source of information that LE might not be aware of I wouldn’t have a problem with that being called in as a tip. LE is not all knowing.

Edit: I’m not referring to myself.

They're every but as capable and have every possible investigative technique at their disposal.

They specifically requested investigative tips not be given.

I finally figured out how to rationalize the gun and its positioning.

You know how some old windbreakers have an interior pocket, like mesh or something with the opening at the top? If he just dropped the gun in there I could very easily see it sitting like that, and to reach it he'd just have to reach through what appears to be a gap in the buttons and into the pocket with his left hand. Could be why he left that gap (if in fact it truly is there).

I'm still far from 100% sold on that being a gun, but I have always been able to see what people are talking about, and at least now I can wrap my head around it from a positioning standpoint.
Yes! I have a jacket like that!

GMA , makes perfect sense to me. Fits right in with MHO.

As for all those wondering what is in his pocket or what his hand is holding in a pocket....well, where's his phone?

You'll not convince me that a guy in this age range does not have a phone. Now, I grant you he many have turned it off. (If he didn't, he made a mistake. Didn't he?)

I got my first smartphone at the end of 2016 when I was 60, as prep for retirement and a vacation trip. I feel like I was one of the last holdouts in America in that regard. And, when I walk in the woods I almost always have my hand on my phone....either out of my pocket to take pics....or inside a pocket to make sure it doesn't bounce out and get lost.

I cannot see this guy going anywhere w/o his phone. I think he has an attachment to his phone...like it is his best friend on this planet....and that his use of it for messaging, phoning, texting, tweeting, etc. is just one reason that nobody would suspect this guy is the one.

What is MHO?
I can’t see scheduling with GMA for a major announcement.

I don't see a gun or a knife in the photo - it just isn't clear enough. I don't see this guy carrying a Glock, Sig, S&W, Kimber or other firearm in an IWB (Inside the Waist Band) holster. (I do wonder what that is in one photo near his waist on his right side just under his jacket. Shirt hanging out? Fanny pack? No one I know of uses a fanny pack anymore.) I DO believe he had a firearm, though and that was how he was able to control them. It looks like he has his hands in his pockets so who knows - maybe he had a small firearm of .22, .25 or .32 caliber in his pocket. Something like a Beretta Bobcat, Tomcat or Seecamp .25 or .32. He could have his hand on such a gun inside a pocket and most folks wouldn't notice.
I think he’s wearing a hoodie with a pocket in front and has stuff in the pocket (maybe phone and keys). Also looks like he’s got his hand partially in the hoodie pocket. Might be seeing that because I do that sometimes and if I was walking across that bridge I’d definitely have my hand in the pocket so my phone and keys wouldn’t bounce out.

I don’t think the poster was thinking this was a tip for LE.

I agree side by sides, psychic visions, dreams and suggestions along the lines of “hey, you might want to check cameras in the area” are not what LE needs. Now if someone worked in a specialized field and had knowledge of an investigative technique or a source of information that LE might not be aware of I wouldn’t have a problem with that being called in as a tip. LE is not all knowing.

Edit: I’m not referring to myself.

No, that particular post mentioned nothing about a tip to LE. The member simply said she had hesitated to add her point up for discussion but apparently wanted to because she then went on to discuss a theory that she had. A few replies in return seemed to use the comment as a means to demonstrate the type of tip LE doesn't need or want. But who was talking about calling in a tip? Nobody.

Lol I don’t even see that. If this guy was not BG, wonder if anything at all would be “seen”. To me it is still just a blurry image of Mr. Anybody, maybe in a wrinkled jacket.

Yeah, I can make out jeans, a jacket, and dark shoes or boots. And a face and hands. That's about it.

This may have already have been said (I'm behind on the threads), but if above is the case, I don't understand why LE wouldn't have just released it way back in the beginning.

There would have been no harm (at least that I know of) in giving us the "moving version" of those little photo snippets they gave out originally.

Holding it back for over a year makes me think they didn't want to release something and only recently decided to very carefully splice. JMO. It's all bizarre to me. How little we were given, and then were given again.
I sort of remember LE being asked if they would release the video the stills came from and he said, he hopes he won't have to, that the stills and voice should be enough for someone who knows him and do the right thing. So I took it like they have a protocol for information to release at each stage of the investigation, staged intentionally to save some things back to release in due time to keep a case from going cold. I'm sure those closest to BG could have recognized him from the first still shots and voice. Then the sketch threw them off though.

Yeah, I can make out jeans, a jacket, and dark shoes or boots. And a face and hands. That's about it.

And maybe something on his head, only as to whether it's a ball cap, a hoodie top, or a mullet is hard to say. The only other thing I could concede is that the brown thing sticking down on our left could possibly be a fanny pack or deer kit. Of course, it could also just be part of his shirt sticking out. I'm not married to any details in those images because it's just not clear enough for me to feel confident about what we're looking at-especially when many other people see different things.

I sort of remember LE being asked if they would release the video the stills came from and he said, he hopes he won't have to, that the stills and voice should be enough for someone who knows him and do the right thing. So I took it like they have a protocol for information to release at each stage of the investigation, staged intentionally to save some things back to release in due time to keep a case from going cold. I'm sure those closest to BG could have recognized him from the first still shots and voice. Then the sketch threw them off though.

Perhaps. I'm not LE, so I really can't judge. I genuinely defer to them. But I still can't help but have the opinion (knowing I may merely just be uneducated about proper LE precedents) that they should have released the walking video snippet way back when. Unless they were trying to avoid part of the video. There is nothing "revealing" to the 2 second moving bit. We learn nothing more. If after a year no one was biting at the stills, I don't see why it wasn't released. In any case, not trying to beat a dead horse. Was just commenting on the topic of whether LE had to be sure certain other parts were not revealed.

Good one.

This is a long post, and I apologize in advance, especially those like me who skim because everything moves so quickly.

What’s odd about the “man in black,” is there has not been one official mention of him since this news story, and the girl being interviewed (who didn’t see him first hand) admits it could be a rumor.

I assume that lead was examined quite thoroughly, and not much came from it. Still wondering, though, with the revised sketch (the one already in possession and drawn up soon after the crime, and before the more publicized one) is that some of the earlier witnesses might have more credibility over time than previously thought. IMO.

Connected to that is the possibility BG did change his clothes or strip down to his long Johns, because he was maybe sopping wet, or other possibilities like blood stains.

You probably all have chased that possibility and maybe it is a rabbit hole, but what if?

All that to say, BG may have not only has the abduction spot and the killing spot, but a return place. Maybe it was a car. Don’t know.

I have to work tomorrow, but appreciate any updates from from the interview tomorrow. Thanks everyone who hangs in here thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong