Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #102

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rocky1

Rocky1 Well-Known Member

My thoughts are that being Feb, the ground may have been frozen, hence no footprints. JMO.
    The high temp for the day was 44 degrees, and that was only for a few hours. For a good portion of the day, the temps were below freezing, and with the woods blocking the sun, even with the temps being above freezing for a short time, it may have not been warm enough long enough to warm the ground. With the girls weight being less than his, they may have not left many prints.

West Lafayette, IN History | Weather Underground

2. Rocky1

Rocky1 Well-Known Member

Welcome Finnemin.
    I may be wrong, but, to me, the man walking on the railroad bridge has a mustache and a short beard. His hat also is covering his forehead.
    The new sketch shows him clean shaven and having curly hair with a clear view of his hairline.
    My guess, and this is only speculation, is that where as so much time has passed without an arrest, his DNA was sent to Parabon, and they were able to develop the sketch. That would explain the delay as well.

3. Rocky1

Rocky1 Well-Known Member

To me, the man on the bridge seems to have some type of object in his right jacket pocket. Left hand in his pants pocket, right hand in his jacket pocket?
    Maybe it's just me, but I'd have both hands either in my pants pocket, or both hands in my jacket pocket. Why would someone do that unless they were trying to conceal something?
    A gun?

4. Vinrah

Vinrah Active Member

No, this had been cleared long ago :

1. The sketch was drawn by a sketch artist according to a witness statement 2-3 days after the crime it is NO DNA phenotyping image !

2. The facial hair we all thought he had according to the first sketch and the rather misleading video probably just is a shadow due to the hoodie and bad quality of the video.

5. tresir2012

tresir2012 Oh! What a tangled web we weave....

So how did they come up with that OBG sketch from several witnesses in July 2017 showing a goatee? Were those witnesses wrong and describing someone else?

This is just confusing as heck.

6. Rocky1

Rocky1 Well-Known Member

Thanks. I just started reading this case, and I didn't know that this was cleared.
    I was looking at time stamp .51 and it didn't' look like a shadow to me. The sun seemed to cover his mouth and nose.

The phenotyping image I was referring to, is the second photo. I doubt Parabon would be returning a photo 2-3 days after they receive the DNA. The reason I was thinking that is how would someone know what this guys hairline looks like when he's wearing a hat?

7. MNT

MNT Well-Known Member

What if the witness saw this person without a hood, hat or whatever he has on in the video?

8. Rocky1

Rocky1 Well-Known Member

That could be what happened, although I wonder why someone would take off their hat in the winter?
    I would think he'd want to conceal his identity as much as possible?

9. MNT

MNT Well-Known Member

The girls didn't have hats on that day- I believe it was considered a warm day for the season? If the hood was for concealment, and he was later seen outside of the trail or even elsewhere doing something odd, it may be why. It depends if he removed layers or transformed his look in any way afterwards.

10. Cutiekitty

Cutiekitty Well-Known Member

I found it interesting that a person by the bridge was able to easily hear someone close to the scene. It really isn’t far from the girls’ last known location.

misgrn, pepper 34, Anirtak and 6 others like this.
  11. Cutiekitty

Cutiekitty Well-Known Member

Seems like the first sketch was heavily influenced by the video.

12. steeltowngirl

steeltowngirl Well-Known Member

Yes, there was a MSM video or photo showing a shoe left under the bridge, when the area was still taped off. I will have to search for it, but it remained there for media to photograph. Since it was not removed by investigators, it seemed irrelevant at the time. Likely still unrelated and won’t answer anything, but was noteworthy. IIRC, it looked like a larger, adult shoe. I will try to locate the video.

13. newredtabby

newredtabby Active Member

I think this is an important line of inquiry. Two young girls were missing, out in the woods of Indiana, in February, and everyone feels this isn't a big deal? As a parent, I would be freaking TF out. As LE, I would think this VERY sketchy, unless they had a reason to NOT think it was serious. What was that reason? Why did LE not think this was a worse case scenario?

14. tresir2012

Yes I remember it. I thought it looked like two blue sneakers and the pic was taken thru the bridge slats IIRC

15. tresir2012

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2019
    8paws, Wells, Blue Amethyst and 4 others like this.
  16. CSIDreamer

CSIDreamer Well-Known Member

"A set of footprints". That has always bugged me. One trail of footprints or a "set" of multiple trips with the same shoe or multiple shoes? To me it implies a one way set of one person.

misgrn, ilovechili, JDough and 8 others like this.
  17. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

What has led you to believe LE didn’t take the missing persons report seriously? Or that the families weren’t sick with worry?

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    DancingMuse, BNA, Tippy Lynn and 3 others like this.
  18. JudgeJudi

JudgeJudi Well-Known Member

Supt. Carter was referring to one specific tip:

"Somebody out there knows who this person is," he said. "I don't think there's multiple pieces of the puzzle. ... I think there's one piece. And it's having one individual with the strength to say that was my brother, that's my dad, or that's my cousin, that's my neighbor, my co-worker. And I think we're one piece away — one piece."

Delphi murders update 2019: Here's what we know about unsolved killings of Abby and Libby

janewall, misgrn, JDough and 10 others like this.
  19. kc1023

kc1023 Well-Known Member

20. enelram

enelram Well-Known Member

This post is rich with thought provoking information. Appreciate
    your out of the box theory.
    I also wondered early on if the reason LE used the word 'vehicle'
    initially regarding the car parked at welfare office and then later
    used 'car' was because maybe it was a 'LE cruiser' or marked
    vehicle ie fire dept. official vehicle, city vehicle, transportation
    dept. car, etc.
    In my area we've had our share of 'dirty cops' who took advantage of their jobs to partake in crime.
    But corruption can happen anywhere.
    Keep thinking and working on this, I appreciate your contributions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.