Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #102

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

So jumping off this, (hope it’s not a brainfart, we’ll see where this thought goes), if this is the case, that they know this because he’s been in contact with them, then why say this to the public? The perp would already know this...

-
    ETA: Maybe to outwardly call him a coward, let them know who’s running the show here.

Also, again, I don’t believe they really think this guy has any conscience left.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    DancingMuse, Jim_M, MizStery and 2 others like this.
  2. Miya

Miya Well-Known Member

No problem, I just saw this and wanted to post my thoughts. Like I said, I can't watch the video, so when people post a sentence here and there, I also don't have the context. I hope the video will be posted on youtube.

3. kc1023

kc1023 Well-Known Member

here is the WISHTV interview from this morning, on YouTube

4. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

Guys says to me that maybe he may know these victims," said Douglas. "Or it's a person ... someone who has interaction with children."

Aren’t we afraid for both girls and boys of Delphi?

x_files, DancingMuse, Jim_M and 4 others like this.
  5. sillybilly

sillybilly WS Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Landing at random here to bump Tricia's post:

6. Sneaker33

Sneaker33 Well-Known Member

I think he meant somewhere between a photograph of suspect and new sketch. I only heard "somewhere between the two."

7. sunshineray

sunshineray Well-Known Member

Wow, thanks JudgeJudi! This was the paragraph right before yours:

"Even though no arrests have been made, Carter said he believes "we're one piece of the puzzle away from figuring out who this individual is."

That together with what you quoted leads me to believe that the LE might not have had a full suspect profile from DNA. What they may have is a partial DNA, a sketch that favors this guy OR that guy in town (possibly from the same family?) or maybe a blood type that is uncommon. LE may only have a car color that is generally more common than not, also associated with known person(s). They need that family tip. LE may have a good and educated inkling of the suspect(s), that may even match some of the profiling reports but not closely enough to convict yet.
    Thanks for the article, I hadn't seen that one yet.

8. enelram

enelram Well-Known Member

I wonder if a tipster saw perp watching the pc and it re-inforced the tipsters suspicion and then they told LE...."he was glued to
    the tv when the pc was on".

9. margarita25

Holy cow Jax, it does sound like this.

I’ve got to go back and listen again, could he have possibly been meaning re: “somewhere between the two” as related to the photo and the second sketch, not the 2 sketches? This video requires a full transcription but I simply do not have time atm, going back for a second listen. If so, if he is indeed talking about the 2 sketches, then holy moly. Rewind...

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  10. JnRyan

JnRyan Well-Known Member

LE has never given a description of the vehicle parked in front of the abandoned building on 300 N. Maybe it was one of those bits of information that wasn't believed to be relevant at the time. LE may know from witness statements what color and maybe type that it is. Two years later and going back to witnesses may not produce much. I know if I remembered such a vehicle I probably would have remembered the color and maybe the type (e.g., SUV, sedan). But I doubt - even a day or two later - if I would have noted the make (Toyota, Honda, Ford, etc.). LE probably has the color and type but are holding on to that to screen out invalid tips, in addition to whether or not someone witnessed a person walking up to it.

I'm starting to wonder about DNA. I've heard varying statements from LE on this. One LE, the 1st Sgt in charge, seemed to allude to the fact that they HAVE DNA, but are trying to ascertain whether or not it is the murderer's. Touch DNA can be all over their clothing. Family, someone - a stranger with no known association to them - who may have picked up their coat if they dropped it, someone who may brushed up against it or bumped into one of them while standing in line somewhere. If a coat hasn't been washed or dry cleaned for some time then it could have been there for days. If this dirtbag didn't touch them at any point there may not be any DNA of his on the clothing and any DNA found is a dead end. Unless, this killer took a souvenir off one or both of them. And if he strangled one of them then he had to touch them at some point.

I do wonder that if this murderer used a gun to kill one or both what are the chances he didn't get all the empty shell casings? He didn't know that someone would not hear the shots and he may have panicked trying to find the empties in all of the dead leaves on the ground. A bullet can be mangled too bad to get reliable marks, but an empty case gives the forensic examiner unique firing pin and extractor marks. And while multiple cases are good, sometimes only ONE is enough. And if this guy didn't use a common round like a .22, but rather something uncommon like an NAA .32 or NAA .25 he has really narrowed the search for LE.

At some point I read that a searcher saw tracks. Shoe prints in the muddy bank after coming out of the creek? A muddy shoe print on the leaves sometime after that? Even if this murderer got rid of the shoes or boots, I'll bet LE knows his shoe size.

11. enelram

enelram Well-Known Member

Very good synopsis and I agree with you.
    Remember folks if they have a partial dna sample it can rule
    people out but cannot lock people in.
    they're looking for the tip that will "lock" him in.

Laughing, DancingMuse, wary and 8 others like this.
  12. Jax49

Jax49 Florida Native

I did a second very careful listen after someone suggested that...I still believe he meant between the two sketches. moo

13. Miya

Miya Well-Known Member

Thank you very much! Now that I know that they have their own youtube channel, I can go look for the videos there and don't have to feel anymore like I'm in China and half the internet is turned off for me.

What he said about the sketches is weird, everything they said since the PC is just confusing. Wondering if they do this to make people stop looking for strangers on FB that look like the sketch (1 or 2, pick one). Or if LE is just very confused as well.

Jim_M, Rural_PC and Blue Amethyst like this.
  14. Backstroke10

Backstroke10 Well-Known Member

Exactly. Once again, I really hate to sound negative, but I think the comment sounded ridiculous with a hint of desperation. MOO

15. tresir2012

tresir2012 Oh! What a tangled web we weave....

Because if he (or tipster) has contacted them anonymously then it becomes a game and this is the only way they can communicate with him/tipster imo.

DancingMuse, Jim_M, anonymess and 3 others like this.
  16. margarita25

I’m going in again, Jax. This is potentially huge...

DancingMuse, Jim_M and bowler like this.
  17. tresir2012

tresir2012 Oh! What a tangled web we weave....

Yes - if it is producing results then it could be reaching who they want it to reach.

janewall, DancingMuse, Jim_M and 2 others like this.
  18. margarita25

Makes sense.

DancingMuse and Jim_M like this.
  19. Backstroke10

Backstroke10 Well-Known Member

I wonder this too. Unfortunately, I’ve been entertaining the idea that they have no knowledge about any car parked there. I think they’ve accounted for everyone’s car that day (that we’re parked in all of the spaces around the park) and are merely speculating that BG, MAY have parked his car there since it was an abandoned building and a bit farther away. MOO I hope I’m wrong though.

20. TL4S

TL4S Well-Known Member

I feel the exact same way. I don't think anything can be surmised about BG from his "guys." JMO

DancingMuse, Jim_M, PoppyJune and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.