Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #102

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sumzero

sumzero Well-Known Member

Who knows for sure? Every time DC speaks publicly, someone in the LE office needs to be ready with a press release to clarify what he means. ;)

janewall, Mo Thuairim, MNT and 20 others like this.
  2. enelram

enelram Well-Known Member

So let's see if there's another pc in a week or two that really doesn't say much new info. but may be a message to perp.

3. sumzero

sumzero Well-Known Member

I think so, too. It may be pure speculation on their part, figuring that BG must've been parked somewhere nearby.

DancingMuse, Jim_M and Backstroke10 like this.
  4. enelram

They know about the car, no doubt, because in pc they just wanted
    info on driver and never asked for info on car. I'm sure they have
    all info on car, just can't prove who was driving it that day.

5. Backstroke10

Backstroke10 Well-Known Member

I’m not convinced these messages are working. MOO Maybe they need to try another tactic. MOO

6. texasbean

texasbean Member

IMO, when Carter said the phrase "between the two" it was somewhat unclear whether he meant that: (1) the actual appearance of BG is likely between the primary sketch and the secondary sketch; or (2) the accuracy of the primary sketch is likely between that of a photograph of BG and that of a mere resemblance of BG. I think he more probably meant (1), but that is just my personal impression.

7. anonymess

anonymess Active Member

If there is partial DNA, I pray that neither ego nor cost are getting in the way of LE reaching out to Parabon or someone like Billy Jensen to point them to an amazing lab and genetic genealogy team.

DancingMuse, wary, 8paws and 2 others like this.
  8. Backstroke10

I hear ya Enelram and understand what your saying but I’m still not convinced. If they had a decent description of the car, in a town that small (since LE seems convinced BG is local and/or works there), then they could have driven to every home and business and found the car. Someone in the town would know who’s car it is/was. MOO

9. bradfordsleuth

bradfordsleuth Well-Known Member

LOL!
    So true....

10. enelram

One train of thought is that the car MAY be registered to multiple
    people, like a parent/son and maybe parent is covering for son.
    There is a reason for this suspicion.

11. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

Partial DNA may be preventing them from doing that.

If that option is available, they have said they will pursue it. We just have to hope it’s an option.

ShHolmz, Sunny123, wary and 9 others like this.
  12. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

Carter make a lot of errors speaking, fumbles dates etc. Someone here had posted about Carter speaking at a PC in a previous high profile murder case, looked it up and he was very emotional at that PC too. So he tries to get the raw passion for justice out there and gets stuff wrong.

13. Backstroke10

Understood but if they had it narrowed down to a family, I wouldn’t see the need for the PC. They could have staked out the family members movements, collected DNA from trash (if LE has any usable DNA) etc without ever alerting the family. MOO

14. kc1023

kc1023 Well-Known Member

Today I'm feeling good again about an arrest coming, hopefully soon. Doug Carter seemed light and confident today imo but I change my mind at least 73 times a day on this case. ;)

15. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

Sketches work but they are rough. They look like a lot of similar people, not as detailed as a good photo. The Trailside killer was caught by a sketch, an old girlfriend called him in.

16. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

Ok, wow I had to listen to that a few times, that was tricky one!

I think he’s talking about “a sketch is not a photograph”, so BG could end up looking like a blend of the those two, meaning the “sketch” and the “photograph”, but wow, good catch nonetheless, if this was the case then my jaw would literally have been on the floor.

I’ve also listened to “Guys, Down the Hill” again and I can finally hear what some of you guys heard immediately, which is the younger element. Maybe my brain wasn’t letting me hear it before, but I hear it in the “guys” now (maybe)...

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  17. TL4S

TL4S Dumbified Clown

I don't know, I think it's possible for BG to have some level of remorse. Not enough to turn himself in, obviously, but I don't necessarily see him sitting in front of his television watching the PC and laughing, either. JMO

LE chose to speak directly to him at the last PC, and to chastise both religiously and contemptuously. They were patronizing, in a way - "You want to know what we know, and you will." IMO, if he was a narcissist, or sociopath, or any other kind of criminal mindset out of touch with reality, they'd be better off talking about him, like he wasn't in the room. Does that make sense? I'm the first to say that I'm absolutely NO expert on this subject, though...

I guess I feel like it's possible LE saw something at the crime that makes them say maybe he has just a little bit of conscience left. MOO

janewall, DancingMuse, 8paws and 4 others like this.
  18. pepper 34

pepper 34 Well-Known Member

Imo, LE cut and spliced the video exactly where they wanted to and they put it on a loop. There is apparently something about the LE very short video/GIF, if you like, that someone who knows BG would recognize and, possibly, "understand" imo.

Imo, the short video is not for the general public who wouldn't recognize BG even if they watched him walk all the way across the bridge and back again.
    ETA: I'm not suspicious or think LE is being dishonest. They presented the video as is without making any claims about it having no disruptions in flow from start to finish.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  19. CCJD

CCJD Well-Known Member

8. Do you accept cases for which only partial STR profiles are available?

Yes, Parabon can accept cases where the DNA generated a partial STR profile. Partial profiles are typically an indication that there is some sort of impairment to the DNA evidence — e.g., inhibition, mixture, contamination, degradation, etc., and in some of these scenarios Snapshot protocol is nevertheless effective. In addition, partial profiles serve as a warning that we may encounter data loss while genotyping these samples, resulting in lower confidence levels in our final phenotype predictions; the more partial the STR profile (i.e., fewer loci reported) the more risk we associate with the sample. Nevertheless, in some instances, Parabon can accept such cases; customers simply need to understand the risk of possible failure and the trade-off in confidence levels.

Snapshot Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - Parabon® Snapshot® DNA Analysis Service

20. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

Yeah, I posted this several threads back.

They can do amazing things with partial profiles, but there’s no guarantee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.