Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #102

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was part of his book tour, so yes, it was about self promotion.

I’ve read his books, and he’s big on using the public to help apprehend killers.

His criticism is right in line with his overall philosophy of providing the public with the tools necessary to identify the killer.

The more information the public has, the more likely it is that someone will be able to spot the person in their life, who perpetrated this crime.
If he’s been asked to assist with this investigation, seen all the evidence and feels like things were screwed up then he’s got the right to criticize, but GMA is not the venue to do that IMO.

This is an active investigation. That kind of talk can cause the family, the citizens of Delphi, and /or the public to lose confidence in LE (I know I saw some disheartened post on here after his comments). Might make people nervous to come forward because they think LE doesn’t know what they are doing.

I’m just not a fan.

Edit: Not going off on you at all.

Last edited:
What if the man who Carter refers to as ‘new young BG’ was interviewed early on. He claimed to investigators initially he joined the search on the 13th after the families plea for help was announced on social media. In fact ‘he’ tells investigators he parked at the now demolished Social Services Building during the search. Fast forward to the present and his alibi is being questioned.Perhaps his alibi is shaky during the window of opportunity.

That is all I am going to theorize on. Because what I wanted to ask is there any merit to this theory or is it just highly unlikely and lacking merit?

Thanks for reading. MOO

That's kind of what I've thought since they released the info about the car parked at the abandoned building. What if it was someone who helped with the search, but wasn't called until after 5pm and someone saw their car parked at the building way before they should have been anywhere near the trail.

If he’s been asked to assist with this investigation, seen all the evidence and feels like things were screwed up then he’s got the right to criticize, but GMA is not the venue to do that IMO.

This is an active investigation. That kind of talk can cause the family, the citizens of Delphi, and /or the public to lose confidence in LE (I know I saw some disheartened post on here after his comments). Might make people nervous to come forward because they think LE doesn’t know what they are doing.

I’m just not a fan.
They asked, he answered.

He’s not one to walk on eggshells, and that was muted in comparison with other criticisms he has levied in the past.

He does think this case is solvable, so there’s that.

I don’t think there’s any harm there, but I can see why people would be upset.

Did not know LE in this case asked him. Wonder why they didn’t use current profilers at the FBI.
They would have used current profilers.

That press conference was almost certainly influenced by them.

He’s not consulting on this case, as far as I know. He was speaking in a general sense, probably based on little to no inside knowledge of the specifics here.

I’m just not a fan.
I don't have a problem with an expert writing a book and promoting it. I'm also glad to see an expert being a proponent of LE using the public's help, as they see fit. But, IMO, arguing the latter is also a really good technique to sell said book. :)

I’m confused. If the theory advanced in your quoted post is accurate—in what way would the police be lying? Everything that LE said in your post would be compatible with their deciding that the sketch was more accurate than they’d believed—after they compared the (hypothetical) Parabon sketch with it.

Well for one thing LE has not stressed the accuracy of this sketch.

And if they had a Parabon likeness why not just release it instead? It doesn’t take 2+ years to generate one and during that time, for over one and a half years sketch one was the person “somebody knows”. The physical features of sketch one are definitely not an older version of sketch two.

That's kind of what I've thought since they released the info about the car parked at the abandoned building. What if it was someone who helped with the search, but wasn't called until after 5pm and someone saw their car parked at the building way before they should have been anywhere near the trail.

Yes, the time period, being there well before the search needs explaining.o_O
"If you came to assist in the search, why was your car parked nearby, from 12 MD?"
MOO.

There's a NEW interview with Carter done by a local to Delphi
news organization, just released in last day or two- where Carter
now says he's "100% sure the perp was in the room".
I saw it reported on another site but didn't catch name of news site.
Has anyone else seen this?
I did. Very interesting. He did add the caveat “or close by”.

Yes, the time period, being there well before the search needs explaining.o_O
"If you came to assist in the search, why was your car parked nearby, from 12 MD?"
MOO.

A clarification was issued, the car was apparently parked there from noon to 5pm on Feb 13th, the day of the murders. Not on the 14th although Carter initially stated this during the PC.

A clarification was issued, the car was apparently parked there from noon to 5pm on Feb 13th, the day of the murders. Not on the 14th although Carter initially stated this during the PC.
Does anyone besides me think 'said' car owner/driver has been
kindly requested to submit a dna sample yet?
Sure they're working on this by now. ??

Reposting as I made a minor error the first time. What a five foot eight inch, 200 pound male with an average build looks like from modelmydiet.com. These are the averages from the official FBI poster. Suspect is listed as between five foot six and five foot ten, between 180 and 220 pounds.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1558047967690.jpg
    FB_IMG_1558047967690.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 54
Yeah, I think he did. He seemed very confident that BG heard it.

Yes he did. That also fits the profile that’s quite common amongst criminals who get a demented type of high from the notion they’ve successfully outsmarted LE. Carter made other comments around that same point - -

“For more than two years, you never thought we would shift gears, but we have," he said. "We know this is about power to you, and you want to know what we know. And one day you will."...”
Man suspected of murdering teen girls in 2017 has close community ties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member