Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #102

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamie737

Jamie737 Well-Known Member

With the additional information from LE and the profiler I now really wonder if the murderer used a ruse to get the girls to walk to creek edge and his pre-selected killing spot.

What that ruse was may be in the gap in the audio.

Given the emotion this evokes in Carter it’s possible that the killer pretended to be a police officer. Wouldn’t that be terrible?

2. rainwaterstill

rainwaterstill Well-Known Member

I can't imagine. I am sorry for your loss.

EBrava, 8paws, travelbug and 8 others like this.
  3. Cutiekitty

Cutiekitty Well-Known Member

To see if there were any witnesses that may have seen him.

They may have phone info (pings), a shaky alibi and they may know it’s his car or he had easy access to it. All of this is good, but doesn’t put him physically in the park. Witness ID would.

8paws, travelbug, Tarika and 8 others like this.
  4. MDATCA

MDATCA Well-Known Member

Do we know how many people were actually there at that time? Did anyone see the girls prior to them crossing? I have read about FSG, CE, lady walking her dog, couple under the bridge and group of teens.
    CEs time is after the girls by enough time for it to have ended but does establish another person on that side of the bridge. Although IMO it was already done and BG was gone.

8paws, Blue Amethyst, Wells and 4 others like this.
  5. Cutiekitty

I think one of the girls was 5’4” (maybe 5’3”) and the other 5’5”/150lbs so they weren’t physically that little. If BG is 5’8” - 5’10”/180-200lbs they weren't that outmatched in size. Plus, they were both athletes. If they fought it was a heck of a fight. They also were both into law enforcement. It’s hard for me to see them compliantly and silently being abducted and allowing BG to do what he wanted even if he was armed. Not saying that didn’t happen it’s just so odd.

6. Vinrah

Vinrah Active Member

I don't get all this talk about "screaming". To scream when someone points a gun at you is extremly stupid. The killer probably had a gun. If not he had some other weapon obviously impressive enough to control 2 young and fit people. Any other weapon other than a gun likely would have been used to take one of the girls "hostage" to control the other one. To scream or show any kind of active resistance would have been also an intense danger in that situation, at least for the person in the killers control. To fight a person with a knife for example is also mostly impossible, even for folks with reasonable martial art skills. The general advice in a situation where the attacker has a knife is to run, but you cannot do that if he physically controls the other person and you do not want to leave that person to their tragic fate.

A fight only would have occured in the last minute when the victims realize they will definetly be killed. It is our instinct, and a healthy one, to not risk our lives until we are ultimately threatened.

7. sleuther0192837465

sleuther0192837465 Stand up for what is right even if you stand alone

IF they crossed the creek, 3 people sloshing through the water would be loud, wouldn’t it? This crime happened quickly & so they’d have to move fairly swift through the water.
    I understand that maybe the girls didn’t/couldn’t scream, but if we go with the theory that they crossed the creek, no one heard them?? I don’t know if I can buy into that.
    Maybe someone did hear & they told LE, but we aren’t privy to that info?
    MOO

8. Cutiekitty

Very true. It’s easy to forget we don’t have all of the info LE has.

8paws, janesmith787, Tarika and 3 others like this.
  9. tresir2012

tresir2012 Oh! What a tangled web we weave....

Yes CE saw a man and another couple so saw three people altogether IIRC. The man she saw could have been FSG but what about the couple? Did they see anything I wonder. I agree the crime was likely over by the time these witnesses were at the bridge.
    MOO.

10. CSIDreamer

CSIDreamer Well-Known Member

You can because I've done it.

11. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

Well, I'm not really old and I'm not really young and I love my internet connection, for sure, but I have an aversion to SM and don't participate. Maybe it was someone like me :)

MJPeony, 8paws, pepper 34 and 8 others like this.
  12. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

There's nothing new under the sun :(

8paws, Sunny123, gitana1 and 5 others like this.
  13. steeltowngirl

steeltowngirl Well-Known Member

Hmmm...watching? Or in the room? If it’s simply “watching”, that could mean online etc.

Or is someone in custody for another crime and they have a TV set up for said someone in a jail cell to watch? If so, I sure hope they are loop playing it 24/7 at high volume to break someone who knows something into talking.

14. Brubon

Brubon Well-Known Member

<modsnipped>
    ...or IS LE as bradfordsleuth hypothesized earlier (page 17)
    That could be the reason we witnessed DC's extreme outrage and distress at the 4.22.19 press conference....ultimate betrayal of LE by LE.
    MOO
    Rest in heavenly peace, Abby and Libby.
    (Forgive me...Jamie 737 is who I intended to quote. More coffee, please.)

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2019
  15. sunshineray

sunshineray Well-Known Member

Thank you

16. TL4S

TL4S Dumbified Clown

Is it fact, or rumor, that the girls said or texted something about a creepy guy?

If it's true, than IMO, those girls would not have fallen for a ruse.

And even if it's not true, BG wasn't in a uniform, and he'd followed them to the end of the bridge, where they were alone with nowhere to go. He basically cornered them. With all the talk of "hinky meters" and "spidey senses" on here, I am willing to bet those girls possessed the same instincts. I think they were unnerved by his approach. JMO

I also feel that BG wouldn't take the time to engage them long enough to coax them down the hill, but rather coerce with a weapon for immediate compliance. MOO

8paws, Sunny123, pepper 34 and 8 others like this.
  17. Laughing

Laughing Rarely Speechless

The vehicle: I still wonder about a county or state or contractor vehicle. We've talked about a job involving different work sites, right?

A county dump truck -- did someone remark to their carpool buddy "hey, look, Commissioner XYZ must be spiffing up his driveway! Hahaha!

Road grader -- "they need to do the babysitter's road, that place is a mess since the last snow"

State painting truck -- "oh, great, delays for us!"

Electric/gas utility -- "hope my power's on, what a bother to reset everything."

Tree trimmers -- "hope they trim trees, that last group butchered them"

IDK, obviously, but that sort of vehicle might not be remembered well, particularly if the underused public land is a 'sometimes' parking spot of this sort of vehicle?

Maybe those carpool buddies will remember today....

Best to the families & friends and LE!

JMHO YMMV

18. sunshineray

sunshineray Well-Known Member

I've been looking for the timeframe of CE but haven't found it. She did mention seeing a guy when she got there, nothing more about when or where she saw him. I'm not sure if this linked site is allowed. It's not social media so I think it's ok?

Abigail Williams & Liberty German: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

19. TL4S

TL4S Dumbified Clown

I'm not sure about this, but I think most company/government vehicles have driver's logs. If it was that kind of vehicle, the company should have been able to track down who was driving it that day, or at least who had access.

Tarika, Brubon, Blue Amethyst and 4 others like this.
  20. cody22

cody22 Well-Known Member

Announcement - After 2+ years of sleuthing this case I now have 10 live males, 1 dead male, 1 jailed male, and one live lesbian on my suspects list. I hope and am sure that they are all probably innocent...... If this case remains unsolved much longer, I will donate my suspects list for the 2020 Delphi, Indiana area, US Census Bureaus use...... Someone solve this case, please !......Harmony, You got any donuts left ?...Hint,hint, hint......?.......moo

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    Quiltgirl, 8paws, Invisible and 24 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.