Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #102

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamie737

Jamie737 Well-Known Member

My thinking is more along the lines of the one witness, probably older, male etc having seen a person, perhaps OBG and another witness, perhaps young, or in other ways an unreliable sort having seen something else entirely.

And that they then discounted the actual and accurate and important testimony.

For example, if it’s true as I’ve read, that there are sometimes drug users under that bridge and one of them - perhaps high at the time, actually saw the victims being frogmarched down the hill and said what s/he saw - that could have been dismissed.

In this theory there are two men, OBG and NBG, but because OBG was seen by an upstanding citizen and NBG by a marginalised member of society, the investigation pivoted. In the wrong direction.

2. newredtabby

newredtabby Active Member

3. DancingMuse

DancingMuse Well-Known Member

Agree with you again today, Charlot123.
    So many excellent theories this morning.
    Love this group, today: You are all thinking outside the box. (Wells, Ursamajr, etc. Fantastic, cogent stuff)

That being said, I want to state up front: I am ardently, over-the-top, PRO-Law-Enforcement.

Good "old-fashioned police work" will always win out. Always has. Always will.

But I have believed from the beginning, that LE had 2 major things against them.
    This horrific crime could have been solved in the first 2 weeks.
    And it wasn't. Why?

1) Someone tampered with the crime scene.
    2) Someone close to LE (clerk, etc) was also "close" to BG, and steered the investigation wrongly in the first few days.

That is what my "hinky meter" is telling me.

(MOO: Amateur speculation and life experience, "what a long strange road it has been")

4. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Well-Known Member

Could someone tell me what that little circle icon in the upper right hand corner of Libby's snapchat photo of Abby is?

Cutiekitty and DancingMuse like this.
  5. Wells

Wells Well-Known Member

MSM needed for the partridge in a pear tree.

6. Tippy Lynn

Tippy Lynn Well-Known Member

Most definitely:p

8paws, Brubon, Charlot123 and 2 others like this.
  7. sunshineray

sunshineray Well-Known Member

I think it's a good theory Wells. I will go a bit father and say the way things shook out at the last PC and ISP Carter's recent interview leads me to believe LE, especially the local LE, wanted to believe that the killer was a random, not someone in the immediate delphi community. I think they early on decided to look outward more than inward. That kind of thinking would have certainly lent itself to overlooking someone local who may have been watching and waiting to act as you have described. AJMO

8. tresir2012

tresir2012 Oh! What a tangled web we weave....

Thinking aloud, the girl talk had to come first, then BG caught in the video background, then Guys.......DTH, then abduction and murder. JMO

9. Rocky1

Rocky1 Well-Known Member

Nice post Wells.

Snipped:
    He found out where she was going to be that day, he had been planning something like this for a while, he hightailed it to the CPS parking lot, made his way to the trail and waited. I think initially someone saw his vehicle but it was common enough that it wasn't paid much attention to.

My question is this...
    If the girls didn't know that they were going to the bridge until a half hour or so before they went, then how did the perp know they'd be there?

MrsM, 8paws, steeltowngirl and 9 others like this.
  10. Wells

Wells Well-Known Member

Hence , "hightailed it to the bridge" :D If he's rushing, he's going to make mistakes.

11. BlueShoe

BlueShoe Well-Known Member

I can't read back 100 threads to find the original reference, but the poster that I replied to mentioned it in response to another poster. I'm not sure of the exact statement so paraphrasing. At one point LE stated that there is also just regular girl talk and a mention of BG on the audio. There may well be additional stuff as well, so I may have worded it poorly. MOO

12. Rocky1

Rocky1 Well-Known Member

Yes, but how did he find out they'd be there in the first place?

13. quadrille

quadrille New Member

Perhaps there is some sort of language use here? Some parts of the US people say you'all some people say, Guys sometimes, dude. I wonder if Guys is indicative of ID?

Is there a language map of the USA

Mimi in London and DancingMuse like this.
  14. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

I also think that the perp was young and knew about modern technology, e.g., DNA. Our perps learn as well, and because they are perps, they are one step ahead of the LE.

This is why I wouldn’t buy “random people employed by the biggest employer” nor “the junkie” theory.

As to someone tampering with the scene or documentation, it is possible, but then it is more likely a relative then a friend, or it has to be a very, very close friend.

(I am even thinking how today people can place someone else’s DNA, esp., partial, at the crime scene).

ETA: I am pro-LE and would tend to help them. The problem is, some well-meaning people make poor witnesses. It would be my case about a car. Even sketches of the perps are not too reliable, coming from some people.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  15. Wells

Wells Well-Known Member

Good question. Mutual SM friends? I'm 41. I'm not really sure how SC works.

16. ab01

ab01 "What is done in the dark always comes to light"

I’m still learning towards a stranger to the girls with no known connection.

Familiar murders are statistically easier and quicker to solve than stranger ones

More than two yrs later I’m convinced that if this was done by someone known to the victims even loosely via Snapchat, friends lists etc that BG would already be convicted.

Arrest, preliminary hearing, trial already wrapped up

Jmo

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    MrsM, MNT, Quiltgirl and 18 others like this.
  17. JudgeJudi

JudgeJudi Well-Known Member

By sheer coincidence I was trying to find the answer to this myself a few hours ago. It depends on the individual phone, the amount of free space left, the output file format used by your recording app, how many apps and files you have.

In answer to your second question:

At the press conference on Feb. 22, 2017 Sgt Slocum was asked a question re the contents of the recording. He responded, "This young lady's a hero. There's no doubt. To have enough presence of mind to activate the video system on her cell phone to record what we believe is criminal behavior that is about to occur … as far as the first part of your question, that's something we're going to keep close to the vest as part of the investigation.

It’s impossible to read into that how much was captured. There were rumours regarding the length of the video but they remain rumours.

18. ab01

ab01 "What is done in the dark always comes to light"

It’s my understanding only specific people can view your snap story. Even if it’s set to public said viewer would have to have had Libby in their friends list

LE has this information without a doubt

19. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

Can one make a false profile on SC? Most likely.

Also, it could be Libby’s sister SC friend. Also, Libby took great pics, could anyone repost them? This is another way for the perp to see them. One random post is enough...

MJPeony, pepper 34, Laughing and 5 others like this.
  20. Wells

Wells Well-Known Member

I'm still leaning towards those initial statements, "One of two things happened," Bursten said. "That was a chance encounter. That's possible. Don't think it's likely but it's possible. Or, that person knew they were going to be there. That's possible as well. Those are things we're looking into."

UPDATE: Delphi teen records audio before murders

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.