Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #102

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunshineray

sunshineray Well-Known Member

I know a lot of people are disappointed in what ISP Carter said but I heard it differently. We're one step away, one step away. Somebody has that information, they're just too afraid to come forward and tell us. He sounded very specific to me.

2. neesaki

neesaki Well-Known Member

I felt sure they at least new who the car belonged to, now I’m beginning to doubt they do. :(

8paws, margarita25, Suglo and 2 others like this.
  3. BigTexas

BigTexas Well-Known Member

I am hopeful that they have good evidence, but they just want to make sure the case is 100% solid. I am going to remain optimistic about the outcome. One certain tip is all it takes and then it's all over for the BG.

pepper 34, 8paws, sunshineray and 5 others like this.
  4. janesmith787

janesmith787 Well-Known Member

I forgot, and I don't have the link...but, Douglas was on GMA promoting his new book today. They showed that at the end of the clip about this case, so that could've been part of the motive of bringing up this case. JMO

5. scapa

scapa Well-Known Member

I'm not a Douglas completist, but IIRC he is a vocal proponent of using the public to help solve a case. Certainly in his BTK book he writes about the importance of releasing info in a timely manner in order to harvest tips that lead to successful conclusions. A quote:

Back in the 1970s, that wasn’t how things were done. Police kept a tight lid on case information, releasing it only when absolutely necessary. But now we know differently, and I’m convinced that if the authorities had taken a more proactive approach, disseminating very specific details about BTK to the public, someone who was acquainted with Rader might have recognized him and tipped off police that they knew of someone who seemed to fit the description of the man they were seeking.

Tons of variations of this idea in his books. I know LE and posters here have a range of views on this, but he seems to have said what I'd expect him to say, and investigators in this case do seem to have offered up more info and framed in a way calculated to generate tips and, hopefully, arrest(s). IMO (OC).

6. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

7. sunshineray

sunshineray Well-Known Member

I think it's prosecutors. The LE used to release more info when it was mostly only print newspapers and a handful of news stations but with the blowup of news and social media these cases become big news nationwide, some worldwide. I'm sure it makes it harder for prosecution if too much info gets out there in such a big way. Before they'd release locally and it would stay local. If the local jury pool was considered too tainted they'd just move trial to the next county. Now even that or the whole state is greatly influenced.

Andieinsyd, Tarika, Laughing and 7 others like this.
  8. Backstroke10

Backstroke10 Well-Known Member

Yes! I know exactly what you mean. When I was at this company and saw all of the shipping papers and drivers logs/ELDS showing Delphi, my hinky meter went off big time. This is just one trucking company based out of where I’m located (South Texas). There are hundreds of trucking companies located all over that will pickup/deliver to this plant. This means a lot of drivers will be familiar with that area. MOO I need to look at Google maps again but I don’t think the plant is that far from the trail. My only problem with the truck driver theory is the car their interested in at the abandoned building. If there was zero interest in this car, I would be very confident in BG being a truck driver. MOO

9. ocgrad

ocgrad Well-Known Member

Haha! I was thinking the same. I'm not going to let my DH see the list, he might call in a tip on me!

Laughing, Sneaker33, 8paws and 7 others like this.
  10. Backstroke10

Backstroke10 Well-Known Member

I really hope your right. I’m trying to be positive but it’s tough.

Laughing, 8paws, sunshineray and 4 others like this.
  11. peel

peel Well-Known Member

yes.....I've thought so from the beginning..the word "guys" denoted someone familiar....also authoritative in a mild manner....

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2019
    janewall, x_files, pepper 34 and 8 others like this.
  12. ocgrad

ocgrad Well-Known Member

Seems like the reasons for that would either be community backlash or that this person is connected to a larger criminal entity.

13. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

I sometimes watch the old episodes of Cold Case...the true crime show. The sheriffs are always saying “one clue away” or we just need that one tip...twenty or thirty years later.

x_files, Moonracer, Alcina and 7 others like this.
  14. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

Well that is an interesting observation.
    If true, they might think they have uncovered an untrue 'story' from a scared witness, or the killer himself. Not just generally 'someone they talked to' but a specific individual they talked to. The one tip is... the car?

15. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Carter's interview was by ABC's Alex Perez, and I don't think it was live.

I agree it could have been taped much earlier, and combined with John Douglas soundbite as he was scheduled on GMA as part of his book tour and not specific to Delphi investigation.

MOO

16. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

@Jealoushe You are not alone :)

17. slashkiss

slashkiss Well-Known Member

If they truly believe this guy is a local then I find it so odd that this killer who was brazen and skilled enough to assault (most likely) and slaughter 2 girls in minutes in the middle of the day ... someone who was clever enough to have gotten away with it for 2 years had not killed previously and has not killed since. It just doesn't make sense that murdering 2 teens in broad daylight was his first and only kill.

We aren't talking about a husband murdering his wife or a parent murdering their child - those crimes; however planned out generally only happen the once. They are seeded in anger or frustration and are deeply personal. Randomly murdering 2 girls in the middle of the day seems so predatory and predators don't just strike once ... unless it wasn't as random as LE indicates. Maybe it was more personal ... anger, frustration, fear driven?

18. ocgrad

ocgrad Well-Known Member

I'm reminded though that the first sketch was provided by the FBI. Perhaps the early help they provided is what has led this astray for 2 years. Carter said, We are just getting started. I took that to mean on the right track, with the right sketch.

19. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

I admire your optimism, truly. I seem to have lost mine :( Hoping something brings it back, soon.

JSolt1210, misgrn, JDough and 11 others like this.
  20. ocgrad

ocgrad Well-Known Member

Their window is closing on coming forward. The community may still regard them with sympathy understanding that they were in denial or afraid but that compassion has a limit and they are just about to the end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.