IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #103

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarryStarryNight

StarryStarryNight Well-Known Member

I am really tired of hearing LE talk about that”one last tip”. It was the main focus of the PC at the first anniversary, and also the second anniversary, and the centerpiece of every interview, statement and update since then. It does seem like I remember them at the first anniversary PC saying something that hinted at “we can protect you” to whoever might call in a tip. I’ve heard nothing like that since then, which I also think is weird, especially since recently, LE keeps saying people aren’t calling in because they are scared.
    I also agree with you about LE flirting with blaming others for the case not being solved. To be clear, the killer is the only one responsible for the girls’ deaths, but LE is the only ones responsible for this not being solved. The second anniversary PC miffed me because it seemed to be nothing but a moment to pat themselves on the back....for what? That was not cool.

2. mtnlites

mtnlites President of the Imaginary Friends' Club

For starters, the park is in a rural setting but it's not exactly out in the middle of nowhere. We're not talking about 150 acres in the Klondike. It's just a few minutes from downtown and, technically, you could actually walk to Abby's house from the park. (I wouldn't, but you could.) It's not very big, either. Also, while it's hilly and uneven in places, I'd not refer to it as "treacherous." My kids have been playing in it since they were toddlers. For the most part it's pretty flat, except in a few places where the bank's high and, of course,down around the creek. Where it DOES become dangerous is when you're trying to walk around after dark and can't watch where you're stepping. That's when accidents happen there.

The town had never seen a double murder of children before. So to answer your question, yes. They thought the girls were off someplace else. That wires were crossed and they got another ride, perhaps. They initially started searching because they (as in LE and the families) thought that one of the girls perhaps got hurt and they couldn't make it to the meeting point. They were looking for 2 girls, one possibly injured, but both living. They weren't searching for bodies. It's easy enough to walk around and call out their names. They were expecting to hear something back. It does not take long to walk from one end of the park to the other. When they did NOT hear anything back, the feeling was probably that the girls simply weren't in the park. If they'd been there, they'd have either heard or seen them. Since they did not hear or see them, they assumed that the girls were no longer there. There are other ways of searching at that point: calling all the friends, other family members, checking hospitals, etc.

In addition, while the official search was called off for the safety of the searchers, it's not like everyone packed up and went home. There were still people out looking.

The girls' families have not issued any complaints about how the search was handled on the 13th.

Bluepopsicle, MrsM, Sunny123 and 31 others like this.
  3. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Well-Known Member

OMG That is fantastic! I mean horrendous about the poor child. I love they found the perp. I will definitely look into this case. Thank you so very much!

4. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

My understanding of the case you’re referring to, it involved a perp who was not a local person. He travelled to the location where he committed murder and it was by the route he took that LE was able to determine where he originated from?

But to the most recent theory here, that the murderer had a direct connection to Delphi during the time the murders occurs, lived or worked there, then I think his cellphone pinging in and around Delphi wouldn’t raise any suspicion because he had reason to be there, just the same as all the other residents and employees within the town.

Wells, DancingMuse, kate2931 and 7 others like this.
  5. mtnlites

Cautiously hopeful but realistic to know that it may not be any time soon.

8paws, Sunny123, Mo Thuairim and 13 others like this.
  6. tresir2012

tresir2012 Oh! What a tangled web we weave....

I think the triangulation is to get the position of the phone. You need a minimum of two towers and a phone to then get an approx phone position. LE probably already got the tower dumps from that day and time period (e.g 2-3 pm ) which would have the IMEI numbers of the phones that hit the towers at that time. I think they would have to do this within weeks as I don't know how long the companies keep that data. If the perp didn't have a phone or had a burner phone or put it in a foil packet then it would be a waste of time. MOO.

7. Miya

Miya Well-Known Member

That doesn't make sense. Because a photo would be a photo, not a resemblance, a photo IS what a person looks like, so he can't look like something in between the sketch and an actual photograph.

I have no idea what he actually meant, just like with some of the things at the PC, I wish he wouldn't talk in riddles half the time ... MOO.

Last edited: May 18, 2019
  8. Cutiekitty

Cutiekitty Well-Known Member

I don’t think that is fair to say. They might have actually gotten something. They aren’t going to tell the public everything they’ve gotten as they get it. The phone info alone would not be enough to arrest though. Just puts BG in the area.

9. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

People go missing every day across the United States.

Almost all of them are found quickly, and unharmed.

This was a safe, albeit rural area, and the missing people were two teenage girls.

They likely got lost, or left the area without contacting their loved ones.

The last thing law enforcement was expecting was a brutal double murder. That simply does not happen with any regularity.

They called off the search according to protocol, as the last thing you want is to lose more people on the woods.

Hindsight is 20/20.

Bluepopsicle, MrsM, Wells and 26 others like this.
  10. zencompass

zencompass May today be the day. Justice for Abby and Libby.

Dear Jax49,

I remain very hopeful, as well.

Each time there is a new L.E. interview, this increases the chances of solving this case.

There is a possibility that where the perp lives now (if he moved), the exposure of the new sketch and interview on the news programs may lead (or have already led) to the identification of the perp.

I believe in this investigative team and with all of the F.B.I. tools they have at their disposal, in addition to the tips, there may likely be an arrest very soon.

11. sunshineray

sunshineray Well-Known Member

I hear everything you're saying, I do but the Mommy in me still can't understand it. Sorry for rehashing.

8paws, ilovechili, JSolt1210 and 7 others like this.
  12. zencompass

zencompass May today be the day. Justice for Abby and Libby.

Dear @sunshineray,

As a Mom, I understand completely what you mean.

My first thought was that they may have fallen somewhere off the bridge or around the bridge and were injured. That's the main reason I would have kept searching and calling. Time makes all the difference in the world for someone who is seriously injured.

There were so many searchers in addition to the police and no one answered when they called out. It was dark and the chances of anyone out there getting hurt themselves increased.

Also, they didn't know if the girls went somewhere else. It happens.

As @MassGuy says, "Hindsight is 20/20" and this is so true!

13. Miya

Miya Well-Known Member

I had to check - while I don't know where the perp was going right after the murder, the perp and the victim were from the same county. So the perp didn't really "travel". They had the type of car and were looking for cell phone data that matched the supposed movement of the car on a certain day at a certain time. So if you put all those things together, it doesn't matter that the perp had a reason to be there because he lived in the area.

But yes, we don't know if he had a phone, I just thought this is interesting because in both cases cars play a role.

Wells, DancingMuse, MsBetsy and 3 others like this.
  14. sunshineray

sunshineray Well-Known Member

I understand all that but for the police to call off the search, I just don't get it. Really no disrespect meant to LE, I just feel it was a time to press on not let up, jmo. Again sorry to rehash.

15. mtnlites

FWIW they may have called off the search on the park, but not the search of the girls. There were other ways of searching besides having men on the ground at that particular location.

MrsM, 8paws, Sunny123 and 12 others like this.
  16. TL4S

TL4S Dumbified Clown

There is one thing that might put BG on the road past the trail that day, be reason for him carrying a handgun, and have him out starting earlier in the day when it was colder, thus the heavier clothing - checking trap lines.

If he owns land, or has permission on any of the land along that road (and the creek), he could have checked his traps that morning. A handgun is often used to dispatch an animal in a trap. Feb. 13th is past deer hunting season (which he wasn't dressed for, anyway), but square into trapping season. By 1pm he was maybe done and on his way back into town?

It would also be a good excuse if he came home wet, muddy, or even blood-spattered.

I know, very random and reaching...

17. OldLadyBlues

OldLadyBlues Well-Known Member

Well, if you're a cranky ole woman like me, who feels like she is living in one of the back chapters of "1984", you'd refuse anything that goes against your right to privacy under the 4th Amendment.
    Moo

MrsM, wary, 8paws and 19 others like this.
  18. Cutiekitty

Cutiekitty Well-Known Member

I suspect he does have the type of phone that you and the other poster have. There is still a lot LE can do even if it’s a burner, but it would take longer.

DancingMuse and MassGuy like this.
  19. OldLadyBlues

OldLadyBlues Well-Known Member

He also could have been sitting in his car out in the parking lot in front of where the PC was listening on his radio. Moo, moo

20. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

To me it depends on whether they have his DNA or not. A confession is most unlikely. Sooner or later, he is likely to be arrested on some other charge and maybe they will get a DNA hit. I think that is how this will be solved, if it is. The more they answer in wishy washy ways about DNA, the more it makes me think there was a sexual assault.
    Jmo

Wells, 8paws, Quiltgirl and 11 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.