IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #103

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nwmouse

nwmouse Verified cheese addict.

IMO, LE would not have mentioned DNA if it was from an animal.

Its been speculated that in the photo of BG, he was carrying a dog or a baby goat under his jacket but I can't see it and its not been verified by LE.

I'm pretty sure LE have a small amount of human DNA but it has not led to an arrest at this time.

MOO

2. Jethro4WS

Jethro4WS Well-Known Member

My point is that there are more than two towers that cell phones in the area would reach. You made a reference to mappings on earlier threads showing only two cell towers. I am only pointing out that there are more than two. Nothing more. Nothing less.

3. TL4S

TL4S Dumbified Clown

Yeah, I see no goat. :)

I wasn't sure how long after they gathered evidence they announced DNA.

Last edited: May 18, 2019
  4. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

The FBI has provided technical assistance and expertise for this investigation from the onset. Homeland security has been mentioned once or twice and iirc also that 20 different agencies have been involved. Otherwise, I agree, the local police department would be in way over their heads if this investigation wasn’t heavily supported by other partners.

Backstroke10, kkdj and Cutiekitty like this.
  5. Cutiekitty

Cutiekitty Well-Known Member

I don’t know that they could place him right on the trail during the time with cell phone tracing. Just the vicinity. If he had a pay as you go or burner phone it would be difficult, but not impossible to ID him. They are a heck of a lot cheaper than plans from a carrier and I think it’s highly probable that he does have a “burner”. LE is going to have to go through a ton of information to narrow it down. Then say he did have a burner phone they are going to have to try to ID him (like you said - call activity). Say they do ID him, they now have to put the phone in his hand. Someone seeing him and/or his car with him near by would do that. It’s all totally possible, but extremely time consuming.

SeattleStew, Jim_M and Miya like this.
  6. MistyWaters

Thanks for clarifying. The radius of older type cell towers iirc was about 5 miles. There’s an earlier post on this thread linking prior discussions about cell tower availability in 2017 which is probably worth reviewing as this definitely is not the first time the topic has been discussed here.

7. tresir2012

tresir2012 Oh! What a tangled web we weave....

The couple under the bridge has been referenced by two witnesses from two sources AFAIK. One was MSM and one was a GH video - both allowedsources.

Wells, x_files, steeltowngirl and 3 others like this.
  8. JDough

JDough Well-Known Member

This is all so confusing, isn't it? My assumption the first time I heard this statement was that the perpetrator's likenesses is somewhere between an actual photograph and the sketch?

Mo Thuairim, Backstroke10 and Jim_M like this.
  9. MistyWaters

And no guarantee of success. If this was attempted, I’d expect it was already done early on as the retention periods are not indefinite.

Cellular Provider Record Retention Periods

Backstroke10 and Cutiekitty like this.
  10. Cutiekitty

Even with all of that assistance it’s a lot to go through. Initially I imagine there was a ton of personnel, but it takes time to gather all of this info and as the case has stayed open the other agencies would probably have to pull back resources. All of those agencies cant reassign personnel indefinitely. There were cases before, during and after this case.

Backstroke10 and Jim_M like this.
  11. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

What if it could show his phone was next to Libby’s at a certain point?

Cutiekitty, kkdj and Jim_M like this.
  12. Cutiekitty

Im sure they did it right away. That doesn’t mean they received the info right away. This is not the only case carriers are receiving requests for and I don’t think they could claim exigent circumstances. In an early PC they even said there was no immediate threat to the community.

Charlot123 and Jim_M like this.
  13. tresir2012

tresir2012 Oh! What a tangled web we weave....

Yes, I'm no expert but the minimum of two towers plus phone would make a triangle so I think that is how it works. If there was only one tower then the phone would appear to move within that tower's radius I am guessing.

SeattleStew, Jim_M and Cutiekitty like this.
  14. MizStery

MizStery Missing Pregnant Lacy P. brought me here in 2005

From the moment I read the details of Libby and Abby’s horrific murders;I had a sick feeling the soulless guilty perp responsible participated in their search from very early on.

BG might not be a sophisticated killer quite yet. But I thought he would maneuver to get as close to the CS as possible. I could see him dropping an item while searching to ensure his DNA could be accounted for.

Please feel free to add any thoughts you have on the subject.

MOO

Last edited: May 18, 2019
    x_files, alj65, Jim_M and 7 others like this.
  15. TL4S

TL4S Dumbified Clown

kkdj and MassGuy like this.
  16. HockeyMom330

HockeyMom330 Well-Known Member

BBM

So LE has received more than 42000 tips since the muders, but are still asking for that "one tip" that will lead to an arrest.

-They may have some DNA from the bodies or crime scene (but obviously no match in CODIS).
    -They removed things (such as leaves) from the crime scene which may be evidence.
    -They may have footprints leading to/from the bodies.
    -They have a video recording of BG walking on the bridge.
    -They have an audio recording of BG's voice.
    -They may have the entire crime recorded on Libby's phone (in audio or video or both), or at least enough of it to get a sense of the flow of the crime.
    -They know COD based on the autopsy and CSI.
    -They know if one or both of the girls were SA based on autopsy/CSI.
    -They know TOD based on the autopsy/CSI.
    -They should know what type, if any, weapon was used in the attack based on the audio/video as well as autopsy and CSI.
    -LE know the timeline of the crime based on KG's report of when/where she dropped the girls off, the 2:07pm SnapChat photo of Libby on the bridge, and the girls failure to respond to DG's messages starting at 3:11pm.
    -LE have a witness that 'reported something that needed to be reported'.
    -LE made a sketch of BG within 3 days of the murders that is now giving a more accurate face to this crime.
    -LE have awareness of a vehicle parked at the CPS building that may be linked to BG, and may even know the make, model, colour and registered owner(s) of said vehicle.
    -LE have established (through profiling and/or investigation) that BG is local/has ties to Delphi.
    -LE have investigated the girls social media accounts.
    -LE have investigated and ruled out local RSOs and other POIs such as DN.

It seems like they have so much, yet so little all at the same time. Short of a confession or someone calling in to report that they lied about an alibi, what could the "one tip" be that they are looking for?

17. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

All the things you listed, clearly aren’t pointing them towards a specific person.

It’s hard to solve a case when the perpetrator isn’t known to the victims.

That “one tip,” is something that identifies a suspect.

“My neighbor Bob looks just like the sketch, and he began acting strangely when you held that press conference.”

Something like that.

Wells, ShHolmz, Sunny123 and 18 others like this.
  18. TL4S

TL4S Dumbified Clown

And when that "one tip" leads them to the right person, all this evidence will work to confirm it, hopefully.

Wells, wary, alj65 and 10 others like this.
  19. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

Exactly. If it doesn’t lead them to their guy, it will help to put him away once he’s identified.

20. MistyWaters

That’s quite the list, Well done!

Trivia - guess the date
    “One tip could be the one clue investigators need to catch whoever killed Abby Williams and Libby German....”Someone knows that voice. Someone knows that picture,”...”
    Delphi call center fielding more than 1,000 tips related to Indiana murder investigation

A: Feb 23, 2017

ShHolmz, Jim_M, FromGermany and 10 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.