Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #103

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know?
Did Doug Carter’s correction mean the car had been there SINCE 2/13 INTO 2/14, or if it was only there ON 2/13?

“Authorities also are asking for the public's help in identifying the driver of a vehicle that was left abandoned in Delphi on Feb. 13, 2017, near the old CPS/DCS welfare building on the east side of County Road 300 North, near the Hoosier Heartland Highway, though a detailed description of that vehicle was not released. After the press conference, Carter said he misspoke when he said the vehicle was abandoned on Feb. 14, 2019.”

(I thought I was caught up, but maybe I missed some pages where this was cleared up).
I understood him to mean ON February 13th, approx. 12pm -5 pm....moo

MOO that statement is confusing.

MOO this is what I think they mean:

Looking for witness who
saw the driver of a car parked at the old CPS building 12-5pm 2/13/17
Just for reference, the two updates -

UPDATE FROM INDIANA STATE POLICE ON APRIL 23, 2019:

Delphi, IN – The Multi-Agency Task Force is providing the below points of clarification after yesterday’s informational news conference.
  • A car was parked in the abandoned CPS building parking lot between the hours of noon and 5:00 p.m. on February 13, 2017
    • We are looking for anyone who could give a description of vehicles that were in the parking lot during the time
  • The location of the abandoned CPS building was 6931 West 300 North, Delphi, IN
    • The building has since been demolished and the lot is vacant
  • The Multi-Agency Task Force is seeking tips and information about how the subject depicted in the sketch is linked to the Delphi area.
    • The Task Force is not asking for investigative suggestions
    • Tips on the suspect sketch are our main interest.....

UPDATE FROM INDIANA STATE POLICE ON APRIL 24, 2019:

Delphi, Indiana – In the early days and months of the Delphi Murder investigation information was developed about suspect descriptions. It was initially believed the sketch that has been in public view over the last two years of a person in the age range of his 40’s to 50’s was a person of interest in this murder investigation. Now, as the investigation has matured and past information has been reassessed, it is the belief of investigators with the Multi-Agency Task Force that the person depicted in the sketch released on April 22nd more accurately represents the person wanted for the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German.

It is important to distinguish these points about the two sketches:
  • They are not the same person
  • The person depicted in the originally released sketch is not presently a person of interest in this investigation
  • The sketch released on April 22nd is representative of the face of the person captured in the video on Liberty German’s cell phone as he was walking on the high bridge
  • The person in the sketch released April 22nd is described as having a youthful appearance, but could fall in the age range from his 20’s to late 30’s
  • This person’s appearance could look different today if he has grown a mustache, beard or let his hair grow longer or cut his hair shorter than depicted in the sketch
Members of the Delphi community should reflect back on people they know in the community that look similar to the sketch released on April 22nd, especially if that person has changed their appearance since the murders occurred in February of 2017.
Indiana State Police release new sketch of Delphi murder suspect | Carroll County Calendar

Thank you MistyWaters, this snip helps!
I will interpret that as the car was gone by 5 on 2/13. That’s the part that really confused me. Whether the 12-5 was just the critical timeframe (during murders) that they were emphasizing interest in, and that the car may or may not have been left there longer. Or, whether they knew it was gone by 5. I’m going with gone by 5, and not left there into 2/14.

Although I don’t have a link nor do I recall the source it’s been posted on prior threads here that Libby’s cellphone was an iphone6. If that’s true, google tells me maximum battery power is about seven hours and video recording definitely drains far more battery power than an idle cellphone. If the cellphone was fully charged prior to the going to the trail just after 1pm, that it was reportedly not receiving at 5pm would seem reasonable to me that the battery was drained. In addition to video, I’d bet family members were attempting to call or text Libby non-stop from the moment they didn’t show up at the pick up spot.

As others have stated, teens often prefer the vibrating setting as opposed to the ringer. The family may have even attempted to seek out the girls by listening for the sound of a cellphone ringing if they thought they were still somewhere walking the trails. But if the setting was vibrate that wouldn’t have helped either.
Snapchat is a huge battery drain.

At 4:08 in this interview I can't help but focus on how Maureen said "machete" and how quickly she added gun as if to cover her comment. I have no clue if she knows anything about the case but in my opinion it seemed like an automatic response. Wouldn't most people think knife and gun in a possible attack scenario, not machete? {Heavy sigh}

This case makes you wonder if police are on the right track in terms of the two sketches of the suspect they released. I think sometimes having a sketch can make people focus on that to the exclusion of everything else in the case. The good thing in this case is that there is DNA evidence. The sad thing in this case is that I wonder if it will take years to link it to a suspect who looks nothing like the two sketches.
Well, I sure don't think people here are focusing on the sketch to the exclusion of everything else in the case.
Just about every detail I can imagine has been closely looked at and analysed.
I have no doubt that LE has done much more of the same.
They did say that the sketch was just a ballpark estimate of what the person looks like. The importance of the sketch to them is the hope that someone close to him will recognize him. That's not to say they aren't doing many other things behind the scenes that we don't know about. Imo

Sounds to me like what you hear when someone butt dials you.

IMO there is no way LE would have released audio with the girls' voices. Isn't that the reason for the presumed splice job done when "guys" was added to the clip?

Even when someone is eventually charged and goes to trial, I hope a publication ban is slapped on the full recording as minors were involved because I don’t think we need to hear their terror.

Imagine the horror to the families of the victims, to have the last minutes of their beloved children’s lives splashed all over the media over and over, every fragment analyzed, did they say this or was it that. :(

MOO the brain tries to organize white or chaotic noise into something recognizable.
I think that's true. There was one particular audio that was posted that some said they heard, "oh my God, nooo!" I had never noticed it before but when I listened to it after that I was sure I heard it, too. I played it over and over to make sure I heard it every time.
But now I'm thinking it was because my brain was listening for those particular words. Weird.

Although I don’t have a link nor do I recall the source it’s been posted on prior threads here that Libby’s cellphone was an iphone6. If that’s true, google tells me maximum battery power is about seven hours and video recording definitely drains far more battery power than an idle cellphone. If the cellphone was fully charged prior to the going to the trail just after 1pm, that it was reportedly not receiving at 5pm would seem reasonable to me that the battery was drained. In addition to video, I’d bet family members were attempting to call or text Libby non-stop from the moment they didn’t show up at the pick up spot.

As others have stated, teens often prefer the vibrating setting as opposed to the ringer. The family may have even attempted to seek out the girls by listening for the sound of a cellphone ringing if they thought they were still somewhere walking the trails. But if the setting was vibrate that wouldn’t have helped either.

I like how you think, MistyWaters. It leads me to ask (again) about the icon on the upper right hand side of the picture of Abby 2:07pm on the bridge. Is that a Snapchat icon? I have an iphone6 as well, and I don't have Snapchat, it's not an icon I recognize. Is that battery life?

edited to change "upper left hand" to "upper right hand" d'oh.

Last edited:
On the new audio released during Press Conference, 2019: I know people have said they hear interference, air sounds, sounds made by Libby's phone inside her pocket, shuffling sound of leaves, etc. I hear 4 separate musical notes being sung such as by a chorus of men. Please listen to the recording below again before you say I'm imagining this.

Between "guys" and "down the hill" there seems to be 4 musical notes and I think it's from a cell phone's ring tone song.

I believe LE left that piece of a song in there purposely (or purposely spiced it in there) because friends, family or acquaintances of BG might recognize it. I'm thinking it was BG's phone and not Libby's phone. If it were Libby's phone, BG would have taken her phone from her, imo... and there would never have been a "BG video on the bridge" or an audio recording of his voice. He would have destroyed Libby's phone, imo. If it was BG's phone, he probably would have reached into his pocket and shut it off.
Jmo.

The recording is taken from Youtube, conference news site... but, when listened on any MSM news site, the 4 musical tones are there; sounding exactly the same.
I wish I could hear this, but I don't. I think it is possible something was said that got "scrubbed out" intentionally. Some people think it was the girls screaming. It could also just be the girls jacket rubbing up against the mic.

Thanks Tiger Stripes, Yes it's well known that Bundy targeted women that resembled his ex-girl friend.
I guess some people, especially psychopaths, don't take rejection well. Makes me want to look inside his brain, seriously. As in, what made him tick, what went wrong.
Maybe I'm a little crazy myself because Abnormal Psychology was my favorite course in undergrad Psychology, LOL.
Who knows if this predator can be categorized as the same as Bundy, but it is something to think about in a case like this, don't you think? JMO

yes, I agree. a narcissistic rage that what drove Bundy to kill women who resembled the gf who dumped him.
I also loved Abnormal Psychology!

I like how you think, MistyWaters. It leads me to ask (again) about the icon on the upper left hand side of the picture of Abby 2:07pm on the bridge. Is that a Snapchat icon? I have an iphone6 as well, and I don't have Snapchat, it's not an icon I recognize. Is that battery life?

If the image on the right refers to battery life, that’d be for the recipient’s cellphone, the person who told the screen shot of the SC. The left, iirc it being mentioned here indicates the time lapsed since the SC was sent prior to the receiver opening it, the time being around 9pm (2:07 plus 7 hours?) But I’m not a SC user either so I don’t know this for sure.

I think you’re referring to this?
upload_2019-5-19_11-43-44.jpeg
Snapchat murders: Serial killer fears as cops probe for link to slain cousins

So So true, Mtnlites. BG's mannerisms are pretty unique, when taken as a whole.
1) the way he shifts his weight
2) hunches his shoulders
3) leans his body forward with head bowed​

Smartly, you have all sleuthed my avatar and know that I am a dancer and a musician.

So, Mtnlites,
I will also add to your very perceptive list:
4) BG pronates his right foot ( Some of you have already said pidgeon-toed, and, yes, but it is only his right foot which twists)
5) he throws his right hip forward, kicking his right leg out, when he steps. (only on the right again)​

Dancers see things in how people move to a fine degree,..... only because we have to copy NUANCES exactly, in order to get our paycheck!!!!!

BG's voice is also distinctive.
6) his timbre is affected by heavy smoking perhaps, so it is a .. "reedy", raspy, "tinny"-sounding voice.​

Many sleuthers have already brought this up.

Not just the musicians. (LOL)

It is concerning that BG has not been apprehended yet. So many on this forum have noted that there are obvious mannerisms which BG exhibits that even a co-worker would see, and be compelled to call the tip-line.

(MOO: Amateur physiological speculation and too many years listening to good 70's rock.) ETA: better description

What else could cause the raspiness in the voice?
Allergies? frequent speaker? voice is hoarse from speaking all day long for a job? A public speaker? School teacher? A young singer? actor? talk a lot drives friends crazy by incessant babbling?

Ok I would not do it necessarily for crime. But DNA.land that deals with breast cancer...I gave them our DNAs. What if donating our genetic codes means, better drugs for us and our kids?
I support finding criminals through DNA, and if DNA improves medical care, that's great. Ancestry has my DNA and so does Gedmatch. If a criminal is caught due to my dna in the system, I'll have no regrets. I think there needs to be a law in place that prevents insurance companies from denying coverage or increasing premiums due to DNA markers, though.

The only thing I can find about the girls seeing a man is just that, they noticed and mentioned a man behind them. A spoken adjective for that man was never released to the public but most likely revealed to the families, if they used one. I can't find anything saying family spoke of it?

While not a direct MSM quote, it's been pointed out that the "creepy guy" comment was made by BP during her lengthy Q & A on Facebook. (GH has also mentioned BP as being the source.) For those who have followed BP on Facebook from nearly the beginning, her statements have obviously been more accurate and comprehensive than what sometimes appear in MSM.

Found Deceased - IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #99

Found Deceased - IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #93

Last edited:
I thought the “stuff of nightmares” referred to the murders, not the audio? The fact that the girls were found murdered is certainly nightmarish.
I think it’s a combination of what was on the audio and what the actual crime scene looked like. MOO

It’s interesting how different people see/hear different things. I don’t see holes in the knees of BG’s jeans. To me it just looks like shadows from the stretched out knees. Mine look like that after I’ve worn them awhile.
Besides waist and inseam, men’s jeans come in different cuts, his look like “loose fitting”.
I agree. I don’t see holes and they look like the loose fit style. Nothing unusual to me. However, I see something in his pants like the shape of a baton. Also, I have tons of older, larger jackets, I throw on for layering when it’s cold so I don’t think his jacket looks odd either. MOO

This case makes you wonder if police are on the right track in terms of the two sketches of the suspect they released. I think sometimes having a sketch can make people focus on that to the exclusion of everything else in the case. The good thing in this case is that there is DNA evidence. The sad thing in this case is that I wonder if it will take years to link it to a suspect who looks nothing like the two sketches.
Yes! I’m worried about the sketch as well. MOO I’m not sure they have useable DNA. MOO

What else could cause the raspiness in the voice?
Allergies? frequent speaker? voice is hoarse from speaking all day long for a job? A public speaker? School teacher? A young singer? actor? talk a lot drives friends crazy by incessant babbling?
Maybe as he got closer, BG lifted something over his mouth so the girls wouldn't recognize him. A baklava, a kerchief? That might also alter his voice to a certain extent.

Also, if possible, I like to see the sketches of perps in color. All my brain sees is black hair.

It would explain why people are scared to come forward!

Fear of tarnishing a reputation with an accusation such as this.
Witnesses and maybe even LE/FBI/GBI may fear that, as long as it isn't 110% proven. Would be a more than huge scandal, if the person was suspected as a brutal double murderer, IF he would turn out, not to be the perp.
Of course, almost everybody, who believes to have him identified, would think: Why would this well-known, successful man do that?? Iiiiiimpossible (and better keep your mouth shut)! IMO MOO
Btw: It is a problem, to know the vehicle used by a VIP one day in February 2017. Maybe a witness has seen a vehicle, but not the driver. Another has seen the man in the area, but not the vehicle. I suppose, the vehicle did not just have advertising on a vehicle part?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni