IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #103

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunshineray

sunshineray Well-Known Member

If the girls had noticed him before during their hike and then saw him coming their way, they could have started walking the path away from the bridge. BG's "Guys" could have been said to stop them, get their attention, get them to turn around and face him. He probably had some type of weapon out to intimidate them and then motioned them, "Down the hill". God so chilling, those poor kids.

IQuestion, pepper 34, MsBetsy and 5 others like this.

2. ab01

ab01 "What is done in the dark always comes to light"

Guys I hope not, I don’t have the energy to relive that red shirt fiasco again.

I use guys all the time, women, men,kids, pets, animals.......it’s easy and comfortable for me to say.

I’m not sure I use it any more or less frequently with those I don’t know than with those I do.

If this is the case we can probably use it to expand our suspect list rather than shrink it.

Cody22 going to need a bigger tablet lol

Jmo

Last edited: May 19, 2019
  3. Tiger Stripes

Tiger Stripes Well-Known Member

BBM

Good thought there, @SeattleStew! While it's possible that the suspect may have dropped by a well-known local thrift shop in Delphi (see link; mods, please delete if list is not okay to post), I'm thinking it more likely he went to one not so local -- but that's entirely MO. Were he to go to a Delphi thrift store, that would have increased the likelihood of workers there being interviewed by LE ("Do you recall having a customer who bought...?", etc.). Of course, am still thinking in terms of the suspect's being highly organized (note how carefully he managed to "cover" for himself; note how carefully he actually covered up himself with respect to tons of clothing) -- though I understand that each of us has a variety of opinions as to the suspect's MO. My amateur speculation only regarding the suspect's being an organized killer.

https://www.yellowpages.com/delphi-in/goodwill

(not just Goodwill stores, either, btw)

Wells, IQuestion, 8paws and 2 others like this.
  4. Jabarn

Jabarn Well-Known Member

It may have very well gone down like that... the girls had seen him and he saw them. He waited until they were alone.

I get sort of tangled in whether he knew where he was going with them, though. It’s part of the organized versus disorganized pattern of behavior studied by criminologists and profilers.

If he was organized, he knew he was going to hurt someone and had a spot in mind to lead them. He may have even known they were going to be there, if he was very organized.

If he was disorganized, something hair triggered his behavior to track them and force them off the bridge.

This is such a bizarre, sad crime.

Wells, IQuestion, 8paws and 5 others like this.
  5. mtnlites

mtnlites President of the Imaginary Friends' Club

Why couldn't the pants just have been his all along? I guess I'm not understanding why he had to have bought them from a thrift store just because they had holes in the knees...Lots of men prefer wearing jeans that are too big for them and "sag" on them. And it's not uncommon to wear holes through the knees-especially if they're a comfortable pair that you like to wear a lot.

6. tresir2012

tresir2012 Oh! What a tangled web we weave....

They sound creepy to me.

So he could have said "Guys, see this gun? Now get down the hill. "

Why did LE leave those sounds in there like that. They should have just cut it to Guys, down the hill. What was/is the purpose of leaving that in?

7. sunshineray

I think it was as simple, in his mind, as getting diwn below the trail and going towards a water source to aid in removing trace evidence on him and on them. I think he may have had less time with them than he'd planned on though and hopefully that led to good DNA recovery.

IQuestion, 8paws, alj65 and 5 others like this.
  8. ab01

This I absolutely agree with, I think its highly likely this is the context of the situation

JMO

9. tresir2012

Has it ever been confirmed by LE or MSM that the property down the hill was actually empty that day? i.e. the one that the private road and the bridge lead to?

Did BG know this? And how did he know, if so?

Wells, IQuestion, 8paws and 9 others like this.
  10. sunshineray

I'm thin it was their reactions to him that were cut out.

IQuestion, 8paws, jpo74 and 4 others like this.
  11. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

I don’t know just guessing but maybe by leaving the background scratchy noise while amplifying the voice enables people to understand the audio quality is most likely not exact?

12. pepper 34

pepper 34 Well-Known Member

*ET Remove: question already answered.

Last edited: May 19, 2019
    Han and DancingMuse like this.
  13. ab01

I think its possible there could also be some psychology involved?

Maybe investigators have studies to show that people are more likely to listen more closely?

Or maybe its just as simple as they didn't think it was necessary to take it out

jmo

Bluepopsicle, 8paws, MsBetsy and 5 others like this.
  14. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

No, LE hasn’t revealed any investigative information about neighbouring properties other than clearing RL, the land owner, from involvement. That the owners of that other property were believed to be snowbirds and absent at the time iirc came from local people who posted here initially but it’s not been officially verified.

But that road, which ended in a private driveway, almost directly “down the hill” has always piqued my what-ifs.

Wells, 8paws, Invisible and 11 others like this.
  15. cody22

cody22 Well-Known Member

I just messed up my top suspect page ( on top of a big pile of my own writing that I cannot hardly read)) with spilled coffee.....That will "teach him/her " to be possibly bad......LOL !.....moo

Wells, 8paws, steeltowngirl and 6 others like this.
  16. tresir2012

Yes. For example everyone knew that RL was out that day and not back till 6:30 p.m. when the searcher knocked at his door to ask permission to search. So why don't we know that about the property on the other side of the creek, which actually is more important as that was closer to where the girls were last seen and where the girls apparently went missing from. MOO

Wells, IQuestion, 8paws and 10 others like this.
  17. Cutiekitty

Cutiekitty Well-Known Member

Can you link the article? I bet they’ve made a patch for that since I don’t see many recent articles on it. Lots of links that claim they can recover info, but they are scams. I’ve got a prolific snap chatter and if SC saves everything seen the phone is probably going to blow up.

Angelcat13, IQuestion, 8paws and 2 others like this.
  18. x_files

x_files Well-Known Member

I did two years ago when the Sketch looked more like a chubby middle-aged man, with the new sketch not so much. Now I see a young adult wearing dad's clothes with bad hat hair no hat.

Wells, 8paws, sunshineray and 4 others like this.
  19. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

I remember the time when 23@me was illegal in NY (I think), so users from NY would order it at the address of their CT friends, drive there, spit, and send the box via CT mail. (Not sure about the state, I assume it was NY as it was darn close to CT). With time, this idiocy stopped, of course, so the same will, hopefully, hold true for MD.

wary, steeltowngirl, MsBetsy and 2 others like this.
  20. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

Cryptic - I wholeheartedly agree with your speculation. I think you nailed it.

Wells, IQuestion, 8paws and 5 others like this.
  21. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

You could very well be right nwmouse; time will tell.
    Or perhaps somewhere in-between our speculations.
    BTW, that's not what the virtual sage smudging is used for. ; )

Amateur opinion and speculation only

nwmouse, Cutiekitty and DancingMuse like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.