IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #103

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neesaki

neesaki Well-Known Member

I don’t have a barrel of rice, just a few cases of freeze dried and dehydrated food in my pantry. We never know, right?
    If we don’t use some of it soon will be donating to a homeless shelter. Someone can sure use it. I can always order more. :)
    Indeed, becoming a mom makes you think of everything, doesn’t it?
    ETA: I doubt I’d volunteer my DNA either, IMO this is entering into some serious violations of privacy and civil rights . Yep, I’m sitting here SMH as I even think about such nonsense.

Last edited: May 19, 2019
    8paws, MsBetsy, Razz and 5 others like this.
  2. Tiger Stripes

Tiger Stripes Well-Known Member

What a funny mom! :)

3. HockeyMom330

HockeyMom330 Well-Known Member

Anyone new to this case, or who wants a refresher on the details of the investigation, might enjoy the Unresolved: The Delphi Murders (May 5, 2019) podcast. I'm not sure if its allowed here so I won't mention any details or give a link but its easy to find online. IMO it give as a great summary.

Wells, IQuestion, 8paws and 4 others like this.
  4. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

I certainly seem to be in the minority when it comes to this point about the use of the term "guys". I do agree with you that it was used in a familiar way.
    As far as social media, we don't know what went on there yet. This could have been cat fishing as we have speculated ad naseam.

We will just have to wait to figure out what lead up to the bridge walk, and how the Coward tracked the girls.
    Thank you for the reply to my post; I appreciate your viewpoint.

Amateur opinion and speculation

IQuestion, 8paws, alj65 and 2 others like this.
  5. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

As I have already posted, people who don’t want to use ancestry databases give pretty good reasons, and none of them is paranoid, (mostly, the reasons are insurance-concerned and very logical).

However, it depends on the personality. I am so thrilled by the fact that something new can be used for science, I’d volunteer.

DNA.land is a very separate example. They offer nothing to their users, their database is tiny, but they are involved in studies of breast cancer. And there was a moment when they were asking for people with no family history of breast cancer; this is when I dumped all out DNAs there, with people’s consent, of course.

My attitude is, this site asks me in the context of cancer, maybe some other study will take care of problems important to my family; sort of karma.

IQuestion, 8paws, kate2931 and 6 others like this.
  6. Peppery

Peppery Well-Known Member

Does anyone else recall a third girl being invited but not allowed to go? Not sure I’d ever find a link but I think it was said pretty early on.

ShHolmz, 8paws, curiousgene and 4 others like this.
  7. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

it was an untrue rumour

IQuestion, 8paws, JaneEyre and 5 others like this.
  8. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

So it's Sunday night, and I can imagine the Coward sitting at his parents table for Sunday dinner. Maybe a few other assorted relatives too. The usual jovial banter is forced, and falls flat....because they know. They know. The mother looks like she has aged 20 years in the last six months, and is nervous and has been having terrible headaches and stomach aches. The father wants to make it better, but doesn't know what to do. And the hushed whispers everywhere they go....people have started to avoid them.

Can you imagine such a scenario? I can. The Coward is bringing such disgrace, anxiety, and shame to his family yet he has yet to turn himself in. He thinks he has gotten away with the crime, but keeps looking over his shoulder....as he should. The raid is coming; that pounding on the door.

Why doesn't he spare his family the trauma and turn himself in?

Amateur opinion and speculation

Wells, Angelcat13, IQuestion and 22 others like this.
  9. Cryptic

Cryptic Well-Known Member

Thank you for the compliment regarding the possibility.

Start with a hybrid motive where the perpetrator's possible authority position "day job" is not the source of his contact with the victims.

Then factor in that the victims maybe only indirectly tied to a possible motive (perpetrator fears they may disclose a secret kept by a third party, perpetrator seeks to punish a third party by harming the children, victims were perceived to take the side of a third party in a dispute- but were not directly involved in it.

This not only increases the subject pool, but it is also possible that only one of the victims was specifically targeted. If so, the police need to determine which one to even begin to look for indirect ties to a motive.

Wells, IQuestion, curiousgene and 4 others like this.
  10. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

It was because RL talked to the media, that’s how we knew. Because of nothing in particular other than his willingness to be interviewed, for a time he became a #1 SM suspect and I’m sure everyone else wisened up about keeping their mouth shut after that.

Wells, ShHolmz, wary and 18 others like this.
  11. Jabarn

Jabarn Well-Known Member

BG may have visited the downtown area of Delphi before heading toward the Monon High Trail.

Two years gone by, and it would be hard to backtrack at this point, and those tips have probably been sorted by now.

When TB was first noticed (the whole pageboy hat and all), the possibility of someone visiting the restaurants and bars in the area first crossed my mind, and I think others, too.

Not saying TB is BG, but that BG may have been in the main town and stopped by some of the establishments.

City of Delphi - Welcome to the City of Delphi!

12. tresir2012

tresir2012 Oh! What a tangled web we weave....

I think it was more likely because the girls were found on his property and not on the other side of the creek. MOO.

IQuestion, 8paws, alj65 and 4 others like this.
  13. MistyWaters

Yes possibly and also because he was wearing a blue jacket when he was interviewed.

14. pepper 34

pepper 34 Well-Known Member

You may be correct in the points you made but it was cold that night and cold into the morning of the 14th, too.
    Weather in February 2017 in Delphi, Indiana, USA

15. mtnlites

mtnlites President of the Imaginary Friends' Club

This was an internet rumor very early on. A young girl was interviewed by the news and when she talked about being friends with the girls, it somehow turned into the idea that she was supposed to have been with them. She wasn't.

This child is family. I have a personal note from her mother, my cousin, explaining the situation. I've seen this come up several times on this board. If a mod wants to contact me and see this proof then that's fine. I continue to be concerned that her name will leak out and that people will start speculating/sleuthing her.

16. bradfordsleuth

bradfordsleuth Well-Known Member

I had those thoughts that it could be something very identifiable on the vehicle.
    Now I am not so sure....
    I am second-guessing everything I've been thinking so far.

susiQ, pepper 34, FromGermany and 5 others like this.
  17. MistyWaters

LE will never say there’s danger in a community unless there’s a known active threat such as a lunatic walking the streets shooting at anyone who he crosses paths with.

Worst case scenario - an innocent person who vaguely resembles the suspect gets shot, stabbed or bludgeoned to death because somebody believes they have the right to defend themselves from danger. Creating an environment of panic, fear and pandemonium is far more dangerous to a community than simply asking them to identify and submit tips for an unsolved murder suspect.

Besides, it’s the role of LE to keep the community safe by arresting people who break the law, which is what everyone knows they’re seeking to do. JMO

JDough, alj65, Charlot123 and 4 others like this.
  18. BigTexas

BigTexas Well-Known Member

Maybe the vehicle's rear glass or bumper had some kind of sticker on it. Maybe a cross with fire (Methodist insignia). ?? MOO

19. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

My opinion - he had nowhere to go, he will do it, but the family prevents him from doing it (going to the police) because they are afraid of “prison justice”.

(This is why I am against “prison justice”, too).

Also, my opinion - they could have negotiated something for their relative, better conditions or whatever, but the longer they wait, the worse the result.

20. Ozoner

Ozoner Well-Known Member

The use of guys might support the age range mentioned by the police. I'm in my mid 40's and don't use "guys" all that often except in the phrase "you guys." However, I've noticed that it's used constantly by people who are a little younger than I am (say ~35 and under).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.