GENERIC HEADER NEWS MISSING PERSONS

IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #103

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

We don’t know when or where the person who contacted police “saw something” worth reporting. It might’ve been a suspicious activity earlier or even later in the day after he’d changed his clothes. He could’ve been a stranger who acted oddly during the search. But the suspect had to have been wearing the clothes as described during the murder because that’s known by Libby’s photo.

What’s important is the suspect be identified by someone who remembers him looking like the sketch from two years ago because by now his clothing, his weight, his facial hair, the hair on his head all would likely be different.

2. FreshEyes

FreshEyes Well-Known Member

BBM
    I'm stuck too. Does this mean that LE knows more about the movement of BG that day? I'm having trouble imagining a scenario where LE would know about BG's movements that day and not know who BG is. Does this mean they know his identity? Any ideas?

Wells, Bluepopsicle, Tripod and 11 others like this.
  3. tresir2012

tresir2012 Oh! What a tangled web we weave....

Thank you for that great explanation. So if LE see the profile name "3poop emoji" can they also see or access the phone number or ISPN associated with that to track the user down?

4. rainwaterstill

rainwaterstill Well-Known Member

All of the following is MOO and MOO only. I hope I explain these clearly.

Scenario 1:
    Someone (at least one witness, maybe more, we don't know because we have not been told) got a really good look at Young New Guy's actual face somewhere somehow and helped LE create the Young Guy sketch just days after the girls were killed. Months or weeks later, Disney and NASA helped enhance the original BG face as seen in Libby's photo/video that she took of BG. That enhancement corroborated and correlated with Unknown Witness's original description of Young New Guy. Thus, completely disregard the initial BG sketch.

Scenario 2- MOO again
    Witness sees Young New Guy either before or after the murder when YNG had removed or not yet donned a disguise. Libby managed to get images of a disguised YNG on the bridge. Thus, disregard the original Old BG sketch.
    Side digression: To my eyes, that hair on BG on the bridge looks fake, like a cheap polyester wig from a theater costume department or Halloween type costume. It has something to do with the way light reflects off of real hair, and the way real hair bounces and moves when a person moves, however slightly.( I tend to notice small things and details.)

Scenario 3-still MOOing
    The sketches ARE of 2 separate people. They are intertwined in some way, but not necessarily father-son. Uncle- nephew, stepfather-stepson, great-uncle and great-nephew, future ex father in law/ex son in law. The older man has been exonerated by LE as being involved, the younger one hasn't. Thus, disregard the original sketch.

Scenario 4: - one final MOO
    YNG ex lover of someone employed in/near Delphi that wants that relationship back. Not necessarily a hetereo relationship, either.

OK, pick these scenarios apart.

5. observantbystander

observantbystander Active Member

IMO, I’m not thinking that he had another kid his age be his alibi, I was thinking more along the lines of someone unknowingly being the alibi. For instance, what if he had told his parents he was working on his car and needed to take it out for a test drive to make sure he fixed whatever was “broken”. Then he could say that it broke down and he had to rig it up to get it back home, giving him an “alibi” for why he was gone awhile. Once he “fixed” car, he could have went and met up with his buddies. If he’s an upstanding citizen, no one would question it, especially if he was known to fix his own cars.

Or, he could have told his parents he was meeting up with his buddies, done everything involving the girls, driven over to the DCS building, unplugged a few wires, and then had a buddy drive him home since his car was not starting now and would need to be towed home. If he was already having car troubles, it wouldn’t seem out of the ordinary for it to break down again.

Far fetched, I know, I feel like I’m grasping at straws. Everything is MOO and speculation.

Wells, alj65, rainwaterstill and 16 others like this.
  6. zencompass

zencompass May today be the day. Justice for Abby and Libby.

Dear @Blue Amethyst,

Thank you for the great post!

Sheriff Leazenby said "a witness" gave the details to the F.B.I. sketch artist for the original sketch (man in cap resembling B.G. photo).

Excerpt from news article (dated July 17, 2017):

"The person in the sketch is described as a white male between 5-foot-6 and 5-foot-10-inches tall, weighing 180 to 220 pounds, with reddish brown hair and an unknown eye color."

"Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said the portrait was drawn by an FBI sketch artist and was based on "recent information" from a witness who saw the suspect about the time of German and Williams' deaths. "

"It relates to a dialogue between a witness and a sketch artist," he said. "That’s based upon an actual, real situation."

https://www.jconline.com/story/news/crime/2017/07/17/new-details-released-delphi-double-homicide-investigation/483717001/

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  7. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

I think they believe he’s local because of the tip from the person who “saw something” that has somehow connected with new information LE has received. But as Carter said, the suspect wants to know what they know and LE isn’t about to tell him, he’ll hear it in court.

As for LE knowing his identity, I don’t think so or they wouldn’t still be asking for that “one tip” and showing a new sketch of a person with a 20 year age range. But they may indeed have a number of prime candidates except not enough evidence to narrow it down any further.

8. Han

Han Well-Known Member

The young guy is the suspect. He is the one we see on the bridge.

The older guy is not a suspect or a POI at this time.

FromGermany, IQuestion, Aqua and 15 others like this.
  9. Cutiekitty

Cutiekitty Well-Known Member

I don’t know how they would be able to. When I look at my Cache and my friends list (SC contacts within SC) I see the the name I assigned my friends or their user name if I did not change what they put. The ex at the time would’ve literally looked like poop emojis if LE looked at my friends/contact SC list. SC says they can’t search by profile name (so they can’t look up 3 poop emojis), they have to have the user name to search for the account. Makes sense because there are a lot of people with the same name. I’m not sure how LE would get the user name in order to link the account back to a phone number. There must be a way I just don’t know how.

Forgot to mention 3 things about SC then I promise no more SC posts...

1. When you set up a SC account you put in a user name of your choosing, but if you put in something crazy or just wanted your profile name to “look cute” you can go into your account and change how others see your name. Say you chose Bob Smith as your user name, you could actually change your profile name yourself to Jane Smith so when people are looking for you that’s what they’ll see. Bob Smith is still your user name though.

2. You do not need to provide a phone number to create a SC account, but you do need to provide an email. The email isn’t verified and they don’t send a code or anything so you can just make it up. Not sure if SC can look someone up by phone number or email.

3. If they have your user name LE can get the IP address used to create the account.

10. Razz

Razz Well-Known Member

I've been trying to find the poster who said they thought BG wasn't worried so much about what he was wearing as much as he was worried about not being seen.

I agree with this 100%. I'm not sure that BG tried to overtly disguise himself. He was wearing what a number of people on the trail would wear imo. I think he got incredibly lucky that Libby's photo looked the way it did. And even luckier that a sketch that didn't look like him was circulated for the past 2 years.

I'm not sure he's from Delphi but imo, he is familiar with the trails and the bridge. So maybe somewhere close by.
    Maybe he didn't need an alibi because he probably wasn't questioned by Police and....he may live alone and doesn't have to answer to anyone.

I think BG was smarter than leaving his car where it could be seen and later identified.

I haven't figured out how the witness
    saw BG or knew what he looked like. But I suspect the sketch is fairly close to how he may look without hat and coat. Just my opinions.

Wells, 8paws, IQuestion and 11 others like this.
  11. BlueShoe

BlueShoe Well-Known Member

I think they probably have a strong suspicion of his identity, since they believe they may have interviewed him. But they don't wish to accuse him yet, because they need more evidence. I'm still open to the possibility that they somehow know about the movement without being certain of the car or driver. So I think they have strong suspicious, but maybe not. MOO. My thoughts on this case have changed more times than on any other case that I've followed.

Wells, alj65, IQuestion and 15 others like this.
  12. zencompass

Put the Young Guy's face on the Bridge Guy's body (from video picture from Libby's phone).

Indiana State Police Bulletin:
    New 'Face' of the Delphi Murder Suspect

[​IMG]
    "This is the face of the suspect that goes with body of the video captured on Liberty German's cell phone minutes before she and Abigail Williams were murdered"

FromGermany, LadyL, Aqua and 14 others like this.
  13. zencompass

Dear @Cutiekitty,

Thank you for taking the time to share this information about SnapChat.

I am not familiar with SC at all, so I greatly appreciate your kindness in helping me understand it!

14. sunshineray

sunshineray Well-Known Member

The phone pinging all over town?

Wells, zencompass, IQuestion and 6 others like this.
  15. zencompass

Dear @rainwaterstill,

Your "Scenario 2" sums up exactly what my thoughts have been:

@rainwaterstill wrote:

"Scenario 2- MOO again
    Witness sees Young New Guy either before or after the murder when YNG had removed or not yet donned a disguise.
    Libby managed to get images of a disguised YNG on the bridge. Thus, disregard the original Old BG sketch."

16. x_files

x_files Well-Known Member

e
    excellent post! I agree.

17. Cutiekitty

Cutiekitty Well-Known Member

If anyone has questions just ask. If I don’t know the answer the kiddo/Snapchat expert will and they LOVE to talk about Snapchat. BTW everything I posted (except the user name requirement which was in the SC law enforcement Guide on their website), was verified by the kiddo who is the same age as LG and AW. It’s common knowledge. Pretty scary.

18. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

Great post observant bystander. Where have you been standing by and what have you been observing?

I agree someone is covering up for him.
    Amateur opinion and speculation

Wells, IQuestion, JDough and 7 others like this.
  19. x_files

x_files Well-Known Member

I can see that.

20. sumzero

sumzero Well-Known Member

Well, since we don't know who BG is, his age, his occupation (if any), his location, his family (if he has one), his parents (if they're alive or not), his personality, his personal abilities, his previous criminal history (if any), his conscience (if he has one), or even if he's still alive, I'd hesitate to compose a detailed narrative about him. It seems pointless. But that's just me. :^-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.