IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #103

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. observantbystander

observantbystander Active Member

I have been standing on the sidelines here, observing everyone’s thoughts and speculations whilst trying to come up with my own.

Just finally got the balls to post my thoughts and speculations here. I’m so glad I did, you guys are all wonderful and have really brought up some thought provoking ideas over the last two years.

Wells, QuizzicalKat, LadyL and 22 others like this.
  2. Krwiley60

Krwiley60 Well-Known Member

Originally, they didn’t know anything about how BG arrived and left the scene, be it foot, bicycle, motorcycle, car or hitchhiking. At that time, there were no billboards put up. On February 23, FBI said they were utilizing 6,000 billboards in 46 states to solicit information on this case.

3. tresir2012

tresir2012 Oh! What a tangled web we weave....

You've just reminded me that OBG sketch did not come out till July 2017 and I remember LE saying the woman was scared and so hadn't come forward straight away so ... she had months to think about that and also had the photo of BG to go by so she may have made up what she gave LE or imagined what she saw or may be protecting who she saw - we don't know (and I guess neither do LE).
    AJMO

Wells, Bluepopsicle, alj65 and 11 others like this.
  4. Cutiekitty

Cutiekitty Well-Known Member

True.

zencompass and DancingMuse like this.
  5. zencompass

zencompass May today be the day. Justice for Abby and Libby.

She could have imagined she saw him, saw him in disguise or deliberately misled the police.

The OBG sketch was published long after the public saw the video still of B.G.

Here are some comments by Sheriff Leavenby (news article July 17, 2017) concerning the OBG sketch:

"Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said the portrait was drawn by an FBI sketch artist and was based on "recent information" from a witness who saw the suspect about the time of German and Williams' deaths. "

"It relates to a dialogue between a witness and a sketch artist," he said. "That’s based upon an actual, real situation."

Police unveil composite sketch of Delphi double homicide suspect

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  6. MuddyTires

MuddyTires Well-Known Member

IMO, this opinion sounds like it is rooted in a bias against people of a particular religion.

wary likes this.
  7. janesmith787

janesmith787 Well-Known Member

Knowing who he is, and having enough proof are 2 different things. I think they have knowledge of who he is and are watching him, but don’t have enough proof to nail him once and for all. They’re waiting on that “one tip” that will provide proof beyond a shadow of a doubt. JMO...but, I disagree with those who think they don’t have a suspect and this could lead to a cold case. All JMO.

alj65, x_files, Razz and 10 others like this.
  8. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Also I don't think parking is allowed in cemetaries except for visiting. Since they are monitered by LE I doubt the killer would have parked there. Imo

IQuestion, 8paws, susiQ and 5 others like this.
  9. Tiger Stripes

Tiger Stripes Well-Known Member

(BBM by me)
    Welcome to WS, @observantbystander! Nice first post!

Here's something to ponder (with respect to the suspect's possibly needing to "catch his breath..."): What if...the suspect won/has won various track awards, say, in h.s./college? Would he really need to "catch his breath"? Maybe not? MOO

p. s. In my workplace a week ago, someone came in dressed exactly like the "OBG" sketch (different colored jacked, but...all other parts of the "disguise" being the same, including having his head down a bit as he walked). Whoaaaa! Was I ever "spooked", or...what! Cold chills immediately went down my spine. First glance, I nearly fell over in shock (see the effects of reading/trying to keep up with a WS thread constantly? Addictive! :)).

10. BigTexas

BigTexas Well-Known Member

SBM
    Amen and agreed. I feel like we should keep the faith and be positive.

Laughing, Invisible, 8paws and 10 others like this.
  11. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

Absolutely. The Coward’s cover up crew needs to step forward or risk jail time as well.

Amateur opinion and speculation

x_files, Laughing, Bluntgirl and 6 others like this.
  12. bradfordsleuth

bradfordsleuth Well-Known Member

You have read my mind exactly!

EternalHope, Laughing, 8paws and 7 others like this.
  13. mtnlites

mtnlites President of the Imaginary Friends' Club

I agree. Activity in the cemetery seems to be hit and miss. I've actually only seen people in it once. The CPS building, however, is open and can be seen from several other vantage points.

Wells, x_files, Rural_PC and 11 others like this.
  14. Moonracer

Moonracer Well-known Unknown

I just don't understand why they give such a heavy weight to BG. 220 pounds! He looks extremely thin to me. JMO

x_files, Rural_PC, 8paws and 4 others like this.
  15. Angelcat13

Angelcat13 Well-Known Member

Not at all. There are good and bad people in all religions. Faith can be a saving grace for many but there are also people that will twist religion - any religion - to suit their own agenda.

Wells, alj65, x_files and 14 others like this.
  16. Evinrude

Evinrude Well-Known Member

17. SilentRogue

SilentRogue Well-Known Member

They wouldn't make a general public appeal for information if they had a specific suspect. They'd be conducting a private, specific investigation instead.

That one tip is the only thing preventing this from being s cold case.

IQuestion, relay and Suglo like this.
  18. Razz

Razz Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. The sketch they are using now (Young BG) is the person LE says is the person who murdered L&A. This sketch of young BG was made 3 days after the murders! This witness saw something he/she thought should be reported. We don't know why this sketch wasn't used originally. It took 2 years for LE to come back to this particulsr sketch and to say, "This is the person who murdered L&A." So the only sketch we are using now was originly made 3 days after the murders.

Laughing, IQuestion, JDough and 9 others like this.
  19. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

Judging not only by the video of BG, but by the description of his height/weight, if this guy won “various track awards,” he certainly let himself go.

That, or he won awards for trying the hardest or something.

20. janesmith787

janesmith787 Well-Known Member

I don’t think that PC was for the public. I think it was directed by numerous INTELLIGENT and INFORMED LEO who have done profiling and know way more about this case than we do. I think they were speaking directly to the perp and/or those who may know him. I could be wrong, but they don’t owe me or the public anything. They want justice more than any of us do. JMO

ETA:spelling

Last edited: May 21, 2019
    Wells, x_files, margarita25 and 19 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.