IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #103

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. insearchoflight

insearchoflight Well-Known Member

I think it’s someone who saw an opportunity and acted on impulse and adrenaline. A very sick individual indeed.

Similar to this case: Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins

alj65, Jim_M, Krwiley60 and 11 others like this.
  2. sunshineray

sunshineray Well-Known Member

I think the ISP may have been keeping the fact that there were witnessess involved in the sketch to themselves at that time. Let the killer think all they had was Libby's photos and that's what the sketch was generated from.

alj65, Jim_M, Rural_PC and 6 others like this.
  3. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

Yeah, I can’t find a double murder case that has the elements that we have here.

If we take away the incredibly unusual fact that he killed two victims at once, and just focus on the fact that he committed murder, then I can find similarities.

That’s how I’m approaching it, because I believe we are seeing a variation of the same thing.

As a model, I look at killers who target joggers on jogging trails. They tend to share a lot of traits with serial killers, even if they haven’t yet met the criteria for being one.

They see their victim, they make contact with their victim, they drag her off the trail, and commit their grotesque acts under the cover of trees and brush.

There is plenty of precedent for that particular MO.

I think this guy was looking to commit rape, and unfortunately found the girls.

The case I’ve come back to a million times (because it happened near me), is the Vanessa Marcotte murder.

Her killer had no previous criminal history, and simply came upon her jogging.

He pulled over, attacked her, dragged her into the woods, sexually assaulted her, and ultimately beat and strangled her to death.

It was a rural area, and everyone assumed that he must have had a reason to be there (he was likely from there).

Thanks to an accurate physical description (in part) from Parabon, and an alert state police officer who spotted a vehicle that matched one seen in the area, he was ultimately arrested.

It turned out that his delivery route went through that town, and although he was off work that day, he likely (my opinion) drove from his neighboring city to this area where he had previously seen joggers running.

He was probably hunting, and came across a target of opportunity.

I think that’s what we’re looking at here. He just killed two instead of the usual one.

Just because one part of the crime is particularly unusual, doesn’t mean that all of it is. That’s how I see it anyways.

So this is different, but likely the same.

4. sunshineray

Thank you insearchoflight for that links. There are definitely some similarities but most noticeably different to me is it's obvious that Lyric and Elizabeth were snatched from their bikes and taken in a vehicle elsewhere, many miles away.

As far as what I think is the kind of personality that makes the kind of decision BG did, I'm leaning towards him being a bold one, very confident in his ability to get away and very much a planner. I think he most likely was looking for just a single victim that day but Abby's small stature and his own inflated view of himself convinced him he could handle two instead of one. AJMO

pepper 34, Jim_M, x_files and 11 others like this.
  5. tresir2012

tresir2012 Oh! What a tangled web we weave....

In my opinion, the witness who did the OBG sketch had seen the photo as it was some time before she came forward. The NBG sketch, as you say was done only a few days after the murder so probably wasn't influenced by Libby's video pic of BG whereas OBG sketch may have been. I probably didn't explain it how I meant it.

ETA. IMO maybe they didn't use that sketch originally because it didn't look like the pic. Also, didn't LE sort of hint they knew/identified the guy in the early sketch and had discounted him somehow?

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    pepper 34, Jim_M, Sunny123 and 10 others like this.
  6. tresir2012

IMO and interpretation, LE have said BG is from Delphi though, and he may have moved away but comes back to visit so he is not apparently a stranger to Delphi. I don't know how they know this unless it is from DNA.

ETA it is MOO/interpretation.

7. MassGuy

I think it’s a mix of logic and profiling.

The logic part, is that he apparently was familiar with the location of the murders.

The profiling part, is that killers tend to kill close to home.

You put those two together, and you have a home grown psychopath.

The lack of an identification thus far, makes me feel that is less likely that he lives in the area, than travels through there on occasion

alj65, pepper 34, Jim_M and 19 others like this.
  8. sunshineray

Thanks MassGuy, that certainly seems to be the same MO. It's very similar to the Marcotte case. She was attacked in daylight, in public, brought not far away and murdered. I wish that the ISP had told a little more info to the public about if there was a fierce struggle involved with Libby and Abby as with Vanessa. To look for signs of unusual scratches or bruises on anyone they know. Abby's mom commented how slight she was. Could be as simple as that, for why BG decided to take on both girls at once.

9. MassGuy

Vanessa scratched the hell out of her attacker, which ultimately led to his arrest (thanks to DNA).

Those girls were at such a size disadvantage in this case though, that I just wouldn’t expect it.

This guy was likely armed as well, which makes it even more unlikely.

pepper 34, Jim_M, heyjudette and 15 others like this.
  10. sunshineray

I think that also. I believe that DNA sent out last December, mentioned by the sheriff as "DNA testing research”, in that Radar Online article, can only mean famial tested, imo, and the results of that led to the language of the April PC.

Brubon, pepper 34, Jim_M and 7 others like this.
  11. wary

wary Well-Known Member

Couldn’t they be saying this from profiling/logic—thinking that it must be someone familiar with access to the bridge area?

Jim_M, 8paws, IQuestion and 5 others like this.
  12. sillybilly

sillybilly WS Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Admin Note:

Hey everyone .. just a reminder that when you are stating something that is your opinion to please make it very clear that it is your opinion. If your post comes across as stating fact without links, it will be removed. To do so is exceptionally unfair to all the members who take the time to provide thoughtful responses but end up also having their posts removed in the process.

13. tresir2012

I wonder what he meant by that? Just people parking all the time or actual illegal activity? Safety concerns about what exactly, traffic accidents? Makes me wonder if incidents had been reported previously to the murders. MOO.

alj65, Jim_M, IQuestion and 3 others like this.
  14. tresir2012

Not sure how they have determined it but it has been discussed on here that they may have tracked him thru DNA down to within a family in Delphi, but this is speculation only and not confirmed in any way.

Jim_M, Charlot123, 8paws and 5 others like this.
  15. tmar

tmar Well-Known Member

Hi Bluntgirl, and welcome with your first post.:):):)
    Hope to hear more from you.
    Yes, it has been reported here, that BG's eye colour is not blue.

Jim_M, MizStery, Bluntgirl and 2 others like this.
  16. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

I just saw an episode of 48 Hours. It was about a man named Peter Chadwick who killed his wife and flew the coop while out on bail. He is on the US Marshall’s Most Wanted list. Chadwick had a lot of money so where he is is anyone’s guess; chances are that he has left the country, as their has been a confirmed sighting in Mexico, and other unconfirmed sightings around the world including Japan and Ukraine. I wonder if BG has left the country as well...

My main point here is that the US Marshall was talking about their approaches to finding Chadwick. He equivocated their efforts to being just like “fishing”—they throw the bait out there and wait for something to bite. While these cases are different in that Peter Chadwick’s identity is known, somehow their metaphor of “fishing” seemed similar here, the way he was talking about it.

Wells, alj65, pepper 34 and 14 others like this.
  17. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

I have always thought this assessment was made from common sense and profiling, wary, but there was something about this from their most recent statements since the PC and their confidence about this which makes me think something else maaaay be at play here other than profiling. If so, I’m not sure that it’s DNA—as mentioned, perhaps he has communicated with LE and has given them some kind of message that he has been in Delphi since the murders (maybe left a physical item there?), or there has been something else uncovered during the course of their investigation which leads them to definitively believe this...

Jumping off this, I just had a thought: Could maybe an attempted abduction or assault have occurred in the area since the murders that perhaps they think was BG? In that case, I would think they would indicate that, but who really knows...

alj65, Jim_M, JDough and 6 others like this.
  18. mtnlites

mtnlites President of the Imaginary Friends' Club

I think most people know about it, but not everyone has been and some may have trouble telling you exactly where it is or things like where to park when you get there. When this crime first happened I realized that if someone had asked me for directions I'd have trouble getting them there, even though I've been a lot.

alj65, Jim_M, Sunny123 and 9 others like this.
  19. mtnlites

And yet other articles say "witnesses" as in plural. No wonder everyone's confused.

ISP says new audio, video and sketch shows Delphi killer

Police release new sketch, video of suspect in Delphi murders

Police release video, new sketch of suspect in 2017 Indiana slaying of two girls

New sketch and video released in 2017 murders of girls in Delphi, Indiana

Wells, alj65, Jim_M and 12 others like this.
  20. mtnlites

Yeah, I'm not seeing anyone who is "skinny", and since we can't see legs or muscles there's no way for me to determine that he's a runner based on the video and image stills alone.

pepper 34, Jim_M, Sunny123 and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.